nash61

The new MySpace

Five years too late. Even Tom is like, "Nah."

The profile is too reminiscent of everything I've seen on Tumblr. Myspace is just past it's time and in a situation where it's doubtful they will ever rekindle the popularity they once had, no matter what type of features they add. It actually looks complicated to me, too. I don't understand the obsession with social media being nothing more than big pictures you click on, yet if they do implement that approach, your profile won't look nearly as clean as the video shows, thanks to your idiot friends uploaded pixelated pictures.

Nice attempt, Myspace, but Tumblr beat you there first as far as layout goes.

The fact that you can login using your Facebook account shows that MySpace has thrown in the towel. Even Tom can't be bothered to post on MySpace, so he just syncs his Facebook account with it :rolleyes:

The fact that you can login using your Facebook account shows that MySpace has thrown in the towel. Even Tom can't be bothered to post on MySpace, so he just syncs his Facebook account with it :rolleyes:

Exactly. I noticed this the other day when looking at a band's page (the only moderately worthwhile thing on facebook). My thought was, "Wow, so they've finally admitted defeat."

MySpace has been cooperating with Facebook for a long time now. They've been aiming to be a more music-centric site than a competitor to Facebook for awhile now. In fact, MySpace Tom left MySpace a couple years ago and basically hates the site now (he's very active on Google+, from what I gather).

I haven't been on MySpace for 2006, and I this (while a nice redesign) is not about to draw me back.

The new myspace is very clean, very modern. I'd test it out to see how easy and/or enjoyable it is to use before passing judgment on that, but it looks promising. You have to think of it not as an extension of the old myspace, but as a brand new venture with the same name. Even though the myspace name is cast in a negative light for many people, they've still heard of it, and that's half the battle. I think people in their 20s who have seen the rise and fall of myspace are understandably skeptical, and it will take a great deal of magic to win them back over, but they may be able to capture the younger generation as they inevitably tire of facebook.

I agree, my skepticism outweighs my eagerness to delve into yet another branch of social networking. Their attempt at adapting is valiant, but I'm not certain if I'm interested.

Why are they even bothering? No one is going back to Myspace. Ever.

However, the song they used in the trailer is actually really good (though the band name is stupid as all hell).

Personally, I want to try it once it's ready. For the same reason I stopped using Google Plus and have never tried Pinterest, I'm betting I won't stick with it, but I'd like to give it a test drive.

I right-minded don't seize it, the other daylight someone asked me how much my nightmare was, I told them, they were shocked at the amount I'd gone (especially since I was saying what a great deal I had set on it, which it was a immense deal). I asked her how much she drained on her not-so-stunning old bat, and she said $150.99. louis vuitton handbags knockoffs and http://www.snowbootser.com Understandable on!

Barely every better half usefulness her salty loves to be seen with brand name handbags, louis vuitton handbags clearance and http://www.burberryoutleten.com dangling from her bracelet encrusted hands and explicitly complementing her draughtsman evening dress. It is unaccommodating to separate a lady from her bad mood Armani handbags and Fendi clutches. Similarly, women set up a immense silky corner for the purpose bargaining and haggling in compensation a discounted price.

"bracelet encrusted hands" and "not-so-stunning old bat" had me laughing. Oh, spam.

I right-minded don't seize it, the other daylight someone asked me how much my nightmare was, I told them, they were shocked at the amount I'd gone (especially since I was saying what a great deal I had set on it, which it was a immense deal). I asked her how much she drained on her not-so-stunning old bat, and she said $150.99. louis vuitton handbags knockoffs and http://www.snowbootser.com Understandable on!

Barely every better half usefulness her salty loves to be seen with brand name handbags, louis vuitton handbags clearance and http://www.burberryoutleten.com dangling from her bracelet encrusted hands and explicitly complementing her draughtsman evening dress. It is unaccommodating to separate a lady from her bad mood Armani handbags and Fendi clutches. Similarly, women set up a immense silky corner for the purpose bargaining and haggling in compensation a discounted price.

Thought the new forum was supposed to fix this... :blink:

I'm willing to give the new Myspace a shot, just to see what it's all about, but as mentioned, it'll probably go the way of Google+

Yikes. Scares me that this many people involved with marketing/design are so closed off to the idea of myspace's return.

One thing we should have learned about social media by now? There's always something different coming. And Google+ was a joke from the jump... there was never any appeal. It was trying to be facebook, which was pointless.

But this- it's more about music, bands, tours, things you're interested in. Something facebook doesn't really touch.

A few yrs back I wondered why Justin Timberlake would invest in Myspace as dead and hopeless as it was. Now I'm actually intrigued... I think they have something here.

We'll see. But people will look for any reason to try the "new" thing in social media. If it has anything to offer at all. (see: Pinterest)

^ I don't think it's Myspace's return so much as a "new" (if you can even call it that) social network being added to an already over-saturated market. There's a social network for everything right now. It's another thing to learn, another community to grow in, and I think people are finding themselves overwhelmed with the idea of something past Facebook/Twitter/etc. (the "usuals"). Facebook got in at the right time, and it's a convenience factor now — everything has an app for it, and everyone uses it. I think even before G+, people were indifferent and somewhat averse to the idea of adding yet another social media site to their daily routine (or weekly, whatever). Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful (though I'm having a hard time with the very literal "influence" drawn from Zune's UI), it's just like piling on at this point. It might look nice, but it's not exactly something I'd be excited to use every day, especially with none of my friends on it.

There's always something new coming in social media, yes. But unless it has an amazing adoption rate, a truly radical idea, and is different from Facebook (like Pinterest), it's going to struggle (like G+, Foursquare, Flickr, etc.). It may hang on with early adopters staying around for the long haul, but it will never reach the point Facebook does. When that becomes the "norm" for a social site, everything seems inferior — and in an over-saturated market full of overwhelmed consumers, it's not exactly going to elicit the response you seem to be expecting ;)