Ottawa RedBlacks to Return CFL to Canadian Capital City

officeglenn

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a silly thing, but the name of the team is the Ottawa REDBLACKS.

Not "RedBlacks", or "Redblacks". "REDBLACKS".

All caps, all the time.

Yes, but when all the Ottawans here refuse to call 'Le Rouge et Noir' by the all-caps mess it actually is, then it tends not to catch on that way.

I understand. I'm sure that's true.

From the French version of the official logosheet:

VERBIAGE

Ottawa REDBLACKS • REDBLACKS • Le Rouge et Noir d’Ottawa

The name “REDBLACKS” must be used in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Le Rouge et Noir d’Ottawa (to be used in a sentence)

Rouge et Noir d’Ottawa (to be used as a stand-alone)

FWIW.

I still think the REDBLACKS have an impossibly dumb name.

Well, you see, they weren't exactly sure whether they would finish in the red or in the black, so...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

How conceited of them to try and push the all-caps thing. Non of the major sports networks are following suit, and I've found lowercase examples all over their official website. They'll no doubt drop it after the first season once they realize how ridiculous it is and what a massive failure the policy was. Hopefully the uniforms are better than that pathetic logo.

1: How conceited of them to try and push the all-caps thing.

2: They'll no doubt drop it after the first season once they realize how ridiculous it is and what a massive failure the policy was

3:Hopefully the uniforms are better than that pathetic logo.

1: This is Ottawa, get used to it

2: This is Ottawa, probably not

3: This is Ottawa, probably not

4: This is Ottawa, I'll be surprised if the team is still here after more than one or two years.

2: They'll no doubt drop it after the first season once they realize how ridiculous it is and what a massive failure the policy was

4: This is Ottawa, I'll be surprised if the team is still here after more than one or two years.

With circumstances far more favourable than the Rebegades or 1990s Riders, there's no chance the REDBLACKS! last only a year or two.

How conceited of them to try and push the all-caps thing. Non of the major sports networks are following suit, and I've found lowercase examples all over their official website. They'll no doubt drop it after the first season once they realize how ridiculous it is and what a massive failure the policy was. Hopefully the uniforms are better than that pathetic logo.

You are very angry about this. Very, very angry.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

With circumstances far more favourable than the Rebegades or 1990s Riders, there's no chance the REDBLACKS! last only a year or two.
I perhaps was stretching a little bit on that one, but no one that I know and have been talking to hthat lot if any interest to go see the RedBlacks. I'll only go when the Riders come to town, myself.

You are very angry about this. Very, very angry.

To be fair, it is very, very stupid.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Does anyone know when the RedBlacks unis will be unveiled?

Looks like they will unveil the uniforms around May 10th.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/21/ottawa-redblacks-going-with-plaid-fashion

"They're a modern jersey," said Hunt. "They reflect the modern CFL. I wouldn't categorize it as traditional."

This quote scares me. I'm just picturing a Saskatchewan jersey in black and red (or worse, plaid). I was really hoping they would try to emulate these uniforms but I guess not:

275px-CFL_OTT_Jersey_1990.png

I don't know, if just a stripe on the sleeves was plaid, that's be kinda cool. But for sure they'll go all overboard and have a full-plaid jersey, plaid numbers, plaid pants, elope something along those lines.

look at the sleeves on the T that qb henry burris is sporting in the splash page on the redblacks site

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/

i would put money on that pattern appearing on the jerseys.... as their 'plaid'

Not really as that is in no way plaid, and just a teamwear shirt that will probably have nothing to do with the jersey.

Plus the management isn't really that stupid, right?

Plaid jersey? No. But plaid arms, helmet stripe and numbers I'd be totally cool with.

Maybe something along the lines of this: (done extremely quickly and roughly mind you)

rbc.png

I'm not a huge fan of the plaid numbers, but I don't hate them either. I kinda like it.

Archived