nash61

CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

Yeah, a target="_blank" on external links would be nice.

It's a good design. I have seen it on other forums. The old site was starting to make my virus software upset; I kept getting warnings that I shouldn't visit it because it was dangerous.

One thing, and I don't know if it can be changed. The font that shows up in the reply box (where I am typing now) is very narrow, resulting in some mis-formed or broken characters. Could it be regular-width characters like the rest of the page? If that isn't possible, no big deal. It is still usable.

Thanks again, Chris, for all your work over the years. I remember when you started, when you and I had competing logo sites. It wasn't very long before I realized I had met my match! :D

I like it, but we can't have .gifs for avatars anymore? Lame.

Mobile site doesn't give an option to navigate to a specific page within a thread. Just reports how many pages are in a thread.

Other than that, the cosmetic changes are minor and simple to work around. I can live with the change if it keeps the site secure.

I'm kinda stoked that you can tag individual topics. I don't know if you could do that before or not but I think it's really cool.

Is it possible to flip-flop the name and when the latest post was inside the forums? I always accidentally click on the user profile instead of the most recent post.

Yeah, a target="_blank" on external links would be nice.

So strange... I've that setting set to Yes in the board settings:

post-2-0-61768200-1349039420_thumb.png

Interesting. I'm generally seeing links in posts open in a separate window (well, tab, but that's browser settings), but the anchor tags don't have target attributes. I used Visual"]http://www.sprymedia...al Event]Visual Event to see if it was being done via JS, but it didn't report anything on the anchors.

Interesting. I'm generally seeing links in posts open in a separate window (well, tab, but that's browser settings), but the anchor tags don't have target attributes. I used http://www.sprymedia...al Event]Visual Event to see if it was being done via JS, but it didn't report anything on the anchors.

I believe it is using JS... the complete setting description in the screenshot i posted above reads: "Forces links to open in a new window, if javascript is available."

Holy crap, after all our years of joking about it there actually is a like button now!

Is it also JS for the notifications and inbox pop-up? It's not working for me at all. I can't even get the drop-down under my username, it always sends me to my control panel.

Two things-

You can't quote or edit your posts on mobile.

What are the checks for on the mobile? When I click it it turns to an X. Is it some sort of "liking" system?

Are we implementing a ratings system with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

When do we throw back to the classic 2002 look?

When do we throw back to the classic 2002 look?

Meh, I find nothing "classic" about the 2002 look, likely due to the dark memories of the McJohnson years. I much preferred the 2004-07 look and the three division titles that came with it. Slap it on an Edge template, add vintage white, and I think we have a great Sunday home layout.

I just noticed the "like" addition, pretty swell.

I miss the "member since" option under the avatar. I always found it useful comparing the number of posts with the time spent on the forum, that way you could tell if someone was a post-padder or not. Is this option unavailable from now on?

I also think in general, the size of the text on the actual posts is too small in comparison to other elements. I think this is caused by the likes of the signatures being too large rather than the text being too small though. It feels a little crowded too.

Overall though, I don't think it's too bad and was obviously a necessary update.

Are we implementing a ratings sustem with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.