CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

nash61

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good design. I have seen it on other forums. The old site was starting to make my virus software upset; I kept getting warnings that I shouldn't visit it because it was dangerous.

One thing, and I don't know if it can be changed. The font that shows up in the reply box (where I am typing now) is very narrow, resulting in some mis-formed or broken characters. Could it be regular-width characters like the rest of the page? If that isn't possible, no big deal. It is still usable.

Thanks again, Chris, for all your work over the years. I remember when you started, when you and I had competing logo sites. It wasn't very long before I realized I had met my match! :D

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Mobile site doesn't give an option to navigate to a specific page within a thread. Just reports how many pages are in a thread.

Other than that, the cosmetic changes are minor and simple to work around. I can live with the change if it keeps the site secure.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Is it possible to flip-flop the name and when the latest post was inside the forums? I always accidentally click on the user profile instead of the most recent post.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Interesting. I'm generally seeing links in posts open in a separate window (well, tab, but that's browser settings), but the anchor tags don't have target attributes. I used Visual"]http://www.sprymedia...al Event]Visual Event to see if it was being done via JS, but it didn't report anything on the anchors.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Interesting. I'm generally seeing links in posts open in a separate window (well, tab, but that's browser settings), but the anchor tags don't have target attributes. I used http://www.sprymedia...al Event]Visual Event to see if it was being done via JS, but it didn't report anything on the anchors.

I believe it is using JS... the complete setting description in the screenshot i posted above reads: "Forces links to open in a new window, if javascript is available."

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is it also JS for the notifications and inbox pop-up? It's not working for me at all. I can't even get the drop-down under my username, it always sends me to my control panel.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

When do we throw back to the classic 2002 look?

Meh, I find nothing "classic" about the 2002 look, likely due to the dark memories of the McJohnson years. I much preferred the 2004-07 look and the three division titles that came with it. Slap it on an Edge template, add vintage white, and I think we have a great Sunday home layout.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I just noticed the "like" addition, pretty swell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I miss the "member since" option under the avatar. I always found it useful comparing the number of posts with the time spent on the forum, that way you could tell if someone was a post-padder or not. Is this option unavailable from now on?

I also think in general, the size of the text on the actual posts is too small in comparison to other elements. I think this is caused by the likes of the signatures being too large rather than the text being too small though. It feels a little crowded too.

Overall though, I don't think it's too bad and was obviously a necessary update.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Are we implementing a ratings sustem with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived