CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

nash61

I've noticed a lot of the changes mentioned here have been implemented β€” member titles below avatars, join date returned to below avatars, location/favourite logos info reorganized. Thanks for everything so far and for keeping an open ear, Chris.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the new look, as it was definitely necessary, but I am having one issue specifically with Firefox.

When I go to boards.sportslogos.net, it directs me to the Mothership vs. the Boards. That's all fine, but when I click on the 'Forums' link on the main page, it just refreshes the same page over again. I'm not having this issue in IE, but I really can't stand using it. I'll continue to use it for the time being, but I'd really like to get it work in Firefox. Not really sure what the issue is.

EDIT: I ended up just manually typing /forums and the end of the URL and it brought me to where I needed to be.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I don't mind the new look, as it was definitely necessary, but I am having one issue specifically with Firefox.

When I go to boards.sportslogos.net, it directs me to the Mothership vs. the Boards. That's all fine, but when I click on the 'Forums' link on the main page, it just refreshes the same page over again. I'm not having this issue in IE, but I really can't stand using it. I'll continue to use it for the time being, but I'd really like to get it work in Firefox. Not really sure what the issue is.

EDIT: I ended up just manually typing /forums and the end of the URL and it brought me to where I needed to be.

I've heard from a couple on Twitter who are also having this issue but I can't replicate it on my end (also, domain redirection at a browser level is incredibly strange)... anyone else getting this?

I've noticed a lot of the changes mentioned here have been implemented β€” member titles below avatars, join date returned to below avatars, location/favourite logos info reorganized. Thanks for everything so far and for keeping an open ear, Chris.

Thanks!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

Are we implementing a ratings system with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.

So is there a way you can "dislike" posts? The reason I ask is because this member (http://boards.sports.../user/6-njtank/) has a "Poor -13" rating.

You cannot "dislike" posts, but we had a similar system long ago in which you could -- I'm betting Tanks negative rating is leftover from those days

Hey I say what I think and that's the chance you take,

One thing I miss from the old board is forum jumping you could go from the Sports in General to Lounge mith the drop down menu at the bottom of the screne

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The only thing that I'm having an issue with is: when I visit the forums I usually click on the "View New Content" link at the top of the page. This still works, all good. However then if I click on a forum that has several pages the old board would take me to the first post in that thread that was new since I last visited. Now it just take me back to the first page of the thread.

I tried looking in the settings to change this but couldn't find anything. Any help?

Running MUCH better after the server transfer.

Now, just needs those fantasy board tweaks and the return of the new posts in followed threads/forums box and we'll be just peachy ;)

VmWIn6B.png

Is there a way to get to the forums from http://news.sportslogos.net?

Not presently, but I'll be attempting to include the same header you here over there - which at least includes a FORUM link at very top

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

How do you quote a post on the mobile site? You used o just be able to tap a post and the "reply" boxes would appear. Now I can't figure out how to post without using the fast reply box at the bottom.

Edit - it seems to work in this forum. I couldn't get it to work in the lounge. Possible user error from being in phone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How do you quote a post on the mobile site? You used o just be able to tap a post and the "reply" boxes would appear. Now I can't figure out how to post without using the fast reply box at the bottom.

Edit - it seems to work in this forum. I couldn't get it to work in the lounge. Possible user error from being in phone.

I'm really happy that this became a thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm really happy that this became a thing.

Amen.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I like mostly everything about the update, however there are three things that I don't like. Firstly, I think that the avatars are too small, and that they should be the biggest part of the user ID section. Also, on my iPad, when I click the "use mobile version" button, it sends me to the top of the page. Lastly, I would like the addition of a dislike button, but this is a very minor concern. Overall, great job Chris!

Archived