Washington Redskins Gold Pants discussion

Mevins31

Finally have found the perfect place for me to discuss this! My fellow Redskins fans and I cannot seem to figure out exactly what our Skins are doing with their uniform....

I am really loving the switch this year to the yellow pants. I know we wore them sporadically in 2010 and last season, but I feel like this has turned into "our" look of the new regime and the RG3 era.

Do you guys think they here to stay? Like, is this our primary home uniform for the forseeable future? My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old Seminole looking throwbacks are our home Alts)

I have been searching google, and I couldn't find anything, trying to get better info here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but the gold pants are terrific, much better than the white.

I know. I think it's one of the best looks in sports, especially when watching a game in HD!

I'm freaking out that they won't stick with this look now that they've shown it to us..... I know it was a road game but they wore burgundy tops/white pants in Tampa.... Just not the same magic.

From a huge Redskins fan who totally understands your sentiment....

The Redskins should have burgundy jerseys with FLAT gold pants at home. These gold pants should use the same striping as the Redskins current white and red pants. This uniform should have red socks with the same striping pattern. dt11gold2-copia.png

Then, you wear your good old fantastic white jerseys and burgundy pants on the road.

SOMETIMES wear gold pants with white jerseys.

NEVER wear white pants or burgundy pants with burgundy jerseys.

Done, bye, pack it up.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'd imagine they're gonna stick with the gold pants and the socks they've been wearing. What I'd like them to do would be to tweak the pants like te above photo, wear those with the two stripe red socks and update the jerseys like the chiefs and bears with thicker stripes and shoulder numbers. And go with an all white collar on the road and yet have a winner.

So can anyone answer my question as to what the Skins orgsnization might be thinking on the uni front? Or anyone have a hypothesis?

my hypothesis is that they have no idea as to what their identity is anymore...they dusted off some throwback pants and socks to change up their look when shanahan/allen took control presumably to change things up from the gibbs era and it was well received...unfortunately what they have done is created a uniform that has zero continuity from top to bottom...the helmet stripe, sleeve cuff stripes, pant stripes, and sock stripes all reflect a completely different striping scheme creating a complete hodgepodge effect...in addition they still sprinkle in the old gibbs looks which now seem like a drastic departure from the yellow pants looks.

my long term thinking is that there will be an effort made within the next season or two to standardize all of the stripes and keep yellow pants as primary or you will see them abandoned completely as they just don't seem to have that look of permanently belonging with the rest of the uniform pieces.

worst case/horror movie scenario: snyder scraps everything and redesigns with a heavy emphasis on black.

the pants can come and go any season, but my hunch is they will be in rotation from here until a rebrand, IF a rebrand ever happens. i love them with either jersey, and i think its a big part of their identity. really separates them from the Chiefs, and any other NFL team

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

DeFrank's got it right. Gold pants at home, burgundy on the road. I agree that it should be a duller, flatter gold, too: too close to the Packers and Steelers as it is. The 2002 throwbacks were a unique shade.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

DeFrank's got it right. Gold pants at home, burgundy on the road. I agree that it should be a duller, flatter gold, too: too close to the Packers and Steelers as it is. The 2002 throwbacks were a unique shade.

yea, im 90% sure all the yellow/gold in the league is athletic gold. all share the same pantone

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hypothesis:

The Redskins will have a small to moderate redesign next season. This may include standardizing the gold pants, or perhaps even matching the jerseys to the pants. I'd lean more on the first option. Something will happen that wont satisfy everyone. Remember, midway through the offseason, it was reported the Redskins had scrapped the gold pants, but switched to scrapping the burgundies for the year. So I wouldn't be surprised if the gold pants disappear.

Vick and Newton saw uniform changes a year after their top pick rookie seasons. Perhaps a similar thing could happen with Griffin?

It irks me that the Redskins continue to occasionally wear their burgundy over white combination. It's like, alright, the idea that you save the gold pants with burgundy jerseys for home games only (week 4 was in Tampa) is gone because you wore that in New Orleans.

HOPE:

What I wrote above. I also would honestly love to see an updated spear take the helmet. Current colors, etc. That would be a dream. Redskins nation seems to be very split, and that is a problem. Some want to go full on to the 1970's set. Some want full on Gibbs. Some even want all burgundy or the 1950's feather helmet. And then there are those who continue to call for the 2002 throwbacks. Every single Redskins thread since ever includes that damned picture.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Hypothesis:

The Redskins will have a small to moderate redesign next season. This may include standardizing the gold pants, or perhaps even matching the jerseys to the pants. I'd lean more on the first option. Something will happen that wont satisfy everyone. Remember, midway through the offseason, it was reported the Redskins had scrapped the gold pants, but switched to scrapping the burgundies for the year. So I wouldn't be surprised if the gold pants disappear.

Vick and Newton saw uniform changes a year after their top pick rookie seasons. Perhaps a similar thing could happen with Griffin?

It irks me that the Redskins continue to occasionally wear their burgundy over white combination. It's like, alright, the idea that you save the gold pants with burgundy jerseys for home games only (week 4 was in Tampa) is gone because you wore that in New Orleans.

HOPE:

What I wrote above. I also would honestly love to see an updated spear take the helmet. Current colors, etc. That would be a dream. Redskins nation seems to be very split, and that is a problem. Some want to go full on to the 1970's set. Some want full on Gibbs. Some even want all burgundy or the 1950's feather helmet. And then there are those who continue to call for the 2002 throwbacks. Every single Redskins thread since ever includes that damned picture.

I gotta say... for a skins fan your wishes are a little out there... but thats what this forum is all about.

The Redskins could pull off solid yellow pants. What they should do IMO is just drop the sleeve cuff trim (or make it a solid color), move the numbers to the shoulders, add a logo (even a duplicate of the helmet logo or just the circle part) to the sleeve (or leave the sleeve blank) and then go with solid yellow pants at home and burgundy with a single yellow stripe on the road (or replicate the helmet striping). They could even go solid yellow on the road occasionally.

I think if they removed the trim then they wouldn't really need the asymmetrical stripe that some love while others hate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think anyone can pull off solid pants except the Ravens in plain black pants. Everyone else needs something, even if it's just a single thin stripe like the Raiders.

I'm very much in favor of the spear logo returning to the helmets. The R in a circle looks dumb, and the Redskins' current primary just looks like a turd.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think anyone can pull off solid pants except the Ravens in plain black pants. Everyone else needs something, even if it's just a single thin stripe like the Raiders.

I'm very much in favor of the spear logo returning to the helmets. The R in a circle looks dumb, and the Redskins' current primary just looks like a turd.

I think that for the most part, pants look amateur without stripes, except gold for some reason (like the Rams used to wear.) I think that yellow or like a flat mustardy kinda color could also work sans stripe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived