Washington Redskins Gold Pants discussion

Mevins31

While the throwback gold and maroon set might look good on its own, I hope the Redskins do nothing more than clean-up their current look. In a league so devoid of color, where teams keep abandoning original schemes and darkening for the hell of it, we need the Redskins in burgandy and yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the throwback gold and maroon set might look good on its own, I hope the Redskins do nothing more than clean-up their current look. In a league so devoid of color, where teams keep abandoning original schemes and darkening for the hell of it, we need the Redskins in burgandy and yellow.

But how will we know which teams are dark and edgy that way?

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I would imagine that the gold pants are here to stay. Bruce Allen brought them back because thats what they wore when is dad was coach. I believe it has been the standard home set since 2010 and they wore white over gold once on the road in 2010 against Tennessee and once again in 2011 against Buffalo. This year, I think they are sticking with gold mostly because it is their best option after scrapping the burgundy pants for the throwback uniforms. Gold looks much better with the burgundy jerseys than white does, and I even prefer it on the road over the all white look, although white over burgundy is their best road set. I think as long as Allen is here, the gold will be too and it should stay even if he leaves because it is the superior look of this team.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Do any of you Redskins fans know which 2 home games we're going to be seeing them in their throwbacks??

AskSUs6CMAA53is.jpg-large.jpg

I hear they are wearing them on November 4th against Carolina for the "Homecoming" game. I am unsure of the second game, but I would guess Thanksgiving in Dallas.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Do any of you Redskins fans know which 2 home games we're going to be seeing them in their throwbacks??

AskSUs6CMAA53is.jpg-large.jpg

I hear they are wearing them on November 4th against Carolina for the "Homecoming" game. I am unsure of the second game, but I would guess Thanksgiving in Dallas.

It either has to be the thanksgiving game at Dallas, or the MNF game vs. the Giants. (most likely this one, since Bruce Allen said we will wear them for two HOME games.)

I really, really don't understand why people don't like our shade of gold/yellow. It's the same as the Chargers, Packers, and Steelers wear, but you never hear about people trying to darken their gold.

Because this color combo just looks damn good:

sonny_jurgensen_2009_11_26.jpg

I love the solid jerseys with no stripes.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Of course there's a chance. A really great chance. I'd say it's about 98% they don't make changes to the normal home/road sets.

leaving the striping just the way it is even?

Perhaps they want to create some continuity now that they're into the RG3 era. I would think if they were going to make a change, it would have been done the year Nike came in, during RGIII rookie year.

Of course there's a chance. A really great chance. I'd say it's about 98% they don't make changes to the normal home/road sets.

Perhaps they want to create some continuity now that they're into the RG3 era. I would think if they were going to make a change, it would have been done the year Nike came in, during RGIII rookie year.

Uniforms in the NFL really don't change based on players on the team. The Colts didn't say "Welp, we're done with Peyton and now we've got Andrew Luck, might as well change it up".

I still think there's an overwhelming chance that the Redskins don't change anything next year. Of course, I could be wrong, and they might change. Who knows? We'll see in the spring if they modify, can't worry about it today.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Uniforms in the NFL really don't change based on players on the team. The Colts didn't say "Welp, we're done with Peyton and now we've got Andrew Luck, might as well change it up".

You've shattered my world view--I thought the Broncos went to orange because they acquired Peyton Manning and wanted to turn over a new leaf! :wink2:

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived