Yet another Brewers concept

MilTownMVP

brewers_v2.gif

I felt compelled to do this after having to keep telling myself during the Brew-Pads game that it wasn't an intersquad scrimmage.

I could honestly do without the glove if they made all the other changes I put down, but I figured I'd add it *anyways*.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I'd do some different stuff to the Brew Crew, and I'm not looking to indepth at what you did here.

What I will say, is that it is INCREDIBLY REFRESHING to see someone wanting to lighten the colors of blue and gold. I think the trend of royal blue to navy, is just that, a trend. Same thing with yellow gold to metallic gold.

At the time, I liked what the Rams did to there's, but now I hate it.

1. The Rams uni's now bear the description "Martz Era" to me, and, this isn't an era I want to last long, or that I want to remember.

2. My high school's colors are blue and gold. Traditionally, we've been royal and yellow. My high school football team decided to get new uniforms that are navy and metallic gold to match the Rams. I'd probably be ok with it if they were the only ones, afterall, or color description is blue and gold, and that is a form of it. Problem is, because they decided to darken their uniform colors, they've unofficially changed the entire school's colors. The AD claims the sports teams can choose whatever variation of blue and gold they want, but all the new paint and other official school stuff is being done in the new darker, trendier colors. I can't stand that. I'm thrilled that our football team reached the "final four" in the state playoffs, but that probably means these colors are here for a while. When the trend goes out, probably within the next 5-10 years, I'm not betting our school is gonna be able to afford to redo everything, so I'm just gonna laugh at how they're stuck. Maybe.

Sorry for going so off topic, I'm just thrilled to see someone go with a lighter version of blue and gold rather than darker, and I just kinda rambled. I have a small passion on the issue I guess...is it even a real issue?

I'll never turn up my nose at a scheme with the Beer Barrel Man, but I think the colors are too light.

That's the actual shade of blue that they used to wear though. And I thought it'd inject some life into all the black, navy blue & red monotony that's the NL Central.

brewers_colors.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Sorry for going so off topic, I'm just thrilled to see someone go with a lighter version of blue and gold rather than darker, and I just kinda rambled. I have a small passion on the issue I guess...is it even a real issue?

Yes it is a real issue. In another thread I posted a decent sized list of teams that wore royal 10 years ago who now wear navy. That's partially what inspired me to whip this one up. It's also why my IFL team's colors are royal & yellow.

The funny thing is that when the Brewers did wear royal & yellow, they had to share the colors with the Mariners, Rams, Warriors, Sabres and Pitt. Now how many of those teams wear it? Funny, because you don't readily think of such a simple colorway like royal & yellow as being unique.

snappers_sig.gif

Archived