Valdosta State Blazers

Discrim

Back in the 90s, Valdosta State had rather cool flames on their football helmets

Valdosta_St_OLD2.gif

Now, however, the Blazers represent themselves athletically with this pathetic Mississippi State ripoff

Valdosta_St.gif

Like most people, I did some doodling, and came up with a few ideas for a V-shaped flame. However, I don't have a scanner, and I wasn't able to apply my rough drafts to Inkscape as well as I like to think I usually do. I do, however, have a decent camera, so I decided to snap a picture of my rough draft, crop what I felt was the best of the bunch, copy that onto Inkscape, trace the general shape (I tend to draw rather small when I don't take my time), and then tweak from there.

valdostaidsheet.png

Like I said, this is basically a flaming V...and if you're wondering if this was influenced by the Rhein Fire, hell yeah it was. The block script is all-purpose, while the script Valdosta is mainly meant for baseball, but I'm considering using it for the basketball alt. I'd had a version of the baseball script with a non-flaming V, as well as a Blazers script, but dropped both as I felt the latter was too ugly to release as it was, and the former was outshone by the flaming V version.

I'll be posting baseball and basketball uniforms a little later, right now here goes football

valdostafootball.png

Valdosta usually wears black, but I had red on the mind for some reason. Haven't really gotten to work on the third yet though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Had all this ready yesterday, but I got a bit sidetracked, but here goes a bit of an update.

valdostaidsheet-1.png

The first version looked more like a firebird than a V the more I looked at it, so I moved one of the smaller flames to the back.

valdostafootball-2.png

valdostafootballthird.png

Made black the primary, and a modified red the alternate. New pants as well, in a vein similar to Miami's current pants mixed wtih Arkansas.

valdostabasketball.png

Aside from the Northwestern stripes on the shoulders, a pretty straightforward uniform.

valdostabaseball1.png

Again, rather normal compared to what I'd usually do, but you have to remember Valdosta is Division II. The black and red caps can be worn with either jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived