New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

Tonight on the Astros' FB feed, they announced they'll be selling special "MLB Authenticated" jerseys (at $250 a pop) at the unveiling on Friday. Only 107 will be available in each of three styles, plus another 107 of the BP jerseys for $150 a pop.

So, they'll be selling home, road, some alt, and the BP at the stadium on Friday, in addition to the caps & t-shirts. Showtime might know more about whether or not there is a 2nd alternate or not.

So does the 107 have any significance? 107 losses last year? STS-107 which was the doomed Columbia mission? Or something else?

The only thing that really corresponds is the 107 losses. If I were them, I wouldn't want to be playing that up, but if you're going to suck, you might as well embrace it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, anyone know what time the unveiling is on Friday? And there will be a live online feed, correct?

I know there will be an online feed and I thought they posted on Facebook that it said 6?

Astros.com says 6:30pm Central.

For those in Houston, there was a full-page ad in the Chronicle on Sunday advertising the new merchandise being on sale Friday at the ballpark, and Saturday at local Academy Sports & Outdoors (we already know they have one of the shirts) and at a kiosk at the Houston Galleria. They are really going all out to try to push the new merchandise and win the hearts of the public on it quickly.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I don't believe any real Astros fan that's been there prior to their World Series run doesn't have some orange and blue gear with the old/similar star logo so I'm not sure it will be that huge of a sell unless the fair weathered fans want to be ready for the next playoff run twenty years from now.

Well, I guess it's all coming out of the bag now. This looks really nice, although I imagine its just a photoshop (there's no piping on the jersey). I wonder if the blue is really going to be that light.

http://hardballtalk....eague-baseball/

So this kinda confirms there are going to be at least two hats, right? An all blue and a blue with orange bill, am I correct?

10cnl9t.jpg

1072szc.jpg

I don't believe any real Astros fan that's been there prior to their World Series run doesn't have some orange and blue gear with the old/similar star logo so I'm not sure it will be that huge of a sell unless the fair weathered fans want to be ready for the next playoff run twenty years from now.

It doesn't matter. Would you rather wear a faded, worn-out, old shirt to games, considering it's probably tight because you've put on at least 10 pounds over the last 20 years, or a brand new shirt in bright orange, with the new logo, which fits you properly?

The most imporant thing is, if you tell people something is new, they will buy it. Sabres fans HATED the buffaslug logo but gobbled it up, anyway.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, I guess it's all coming out of the bag now. This looks really nice, although I imagine its just a photoshop (there's no piping on the jersey). I wonder if the blue is really going to be that light.

Looks freaking beautiful.

And look at the CLEAN white home jersey...like Dodger or Cardinal white. Awesome.

And look at the CLEAN white home jersey...like Dodger or Cardinal white. Awesome.

I like the new shade of blue if it is lighter.

It doesn't matter. Would you rather wear a faded, worn-out, old shirt to games, considering it's probably tight because you've put on at least 10 pounds over the last 20 years, or a brand new shirt in bright orange, with the new logo, which fits you properly?

The most imporant thing is, if you tell people something is new, they will buy it. Sabres fans HATED the buffaslug logo but gobbled it up, anyway.

10lbs of muscle brother!! (Insert sarcasm) I was actually referencing not only the 20 year old gear but the constant gobbling up of throwback stuff that is just as prominent as the current until Friday set. Isn't a schmedium only weird if it doesn't work?....damn guess ill be there at academy Saturday morning to get my properly fitted clothing

Again, wondering if the silhouetted graphic accidentally leaked by the Astros (with orange piping and orange undersleeves) was just a ploy. You think MLB/Astros would ask every player to pose for their official bio picture in a dummy white home jersey with Nike compression undershirt?

It's like a freaking puzzle. I need to get a life and get back to work.

I think the orange undershirt will be the Saturday alternate

Home- All Navy Hat- Navy socks and Shirt

Home Alt 1 (Saturday) -Navy Hat Orange Bill - Orange socks and shirt

Home Alt 2 (Sunday)- All Orange Hat Orange Jersey

The Navy Hat Orange Bill being the default road look.

Just my guess from what we've heard.

Considering how the Astros love their alternates, it's not out-of-the-question that they are re-launching with a home white (the ID pic) & road grey, and then a home white alternate (the orange piping jersey). And none of that would preclude a colored alternate.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Again, wondering if the silhouetted graphic accidentally leaked by the Astros (with orange piping and orange undersleeves) was just a ploy. You think MLB/Astros would ask every player to pose for their official bio picture in a dummy white home jersey with Nike compression undershirt?

It's like a freaking puzzle. I need to get a life and get back to work.

Those player pics are most likely photoshopped right now. It happens with new looks and player changes at this time of year. Albert Pujols had an Angels cap photoshopped over his Cardinal one after he signed, yet it was the same pic. Either they used the previous plain white alts in the pic or simply photoshopped out the pinstripes.

is there something to the whites? i always thought the dodgers looked whiter than everyone, but figured it was just the blue and me being a homer

is there something to the whites? i always thought the dodgers looked whiter than everyone, but figured it was just the blue and me being a homer

This is like the Seahawks blue, the Navy helmet, the Notre Dame ireland uniform speculation all rolled into one. :lol:

Archived