New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't crash for the Blue Jays, it shouldn't crash for the Astros. Lots of posts & opinions, but the level of interest in the NFL is exponentially more than any other single team.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They put new awnings up at the team store in the ballpark today, they are navy.

I wonder how much has been done inside the park already, or what exactly will be done inside. The giant logo above the video board will obviously change. The roof is open most days, but I haven't been Downtown since the season ended, so I don't know if they already changed the giant logo and just covered it up, or if they are taking it down today, or what.

The park has lots of green, so that probably won't change, but any team signage that is brick/black is definitely being changed.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I walked around the park this weekend, everything is brick red. The floors of the concourse, the table tops in will call, everything. I don't know how they will change everything in time.

The next scheduled event for MMP is Paul McCartney, on the 14th. There is nothing else upcoming and they probably won't have anything before the College Classic in the spring. There is plenty of time to make the changes by the time the Astros return.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It crashed for the Marlins, I think.

Yeah, but there was a lot of buzz around the Marlins' set because everybody knew it would be a trainwreck. The Astros' set looks like a run-of-the-mill baseball identity (and that's not a bad thing).

Yeah but also unlike the Blue Jays, the Astros don't have that other huge rebranding to compete with. This is the primary change for the offseason. After this is just minor ones. So a lot of the attention will be paid to it.

It could be, but I don't think anyone is as excited as we were for the Blue Jays change, or at least that's how it seems on this board. We all pretty much know what this will be. At least I'm not nearly as excited. I dunno.

I'm an Astros fan, and I was way more excited for the Jays last year. That logo change was pretty exciting. Based on the reports & leaks, the Astros' changes are boring. The Jays dropped a crappy logo and reinvented their original set. The Astros are apparently pulling a Padres and reverting to a boring version of a piece of their city's past.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived