New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when I said I saw that cap at Lids? Well, I was kind of right! :D I realize they used it last year too, but I was still sort of right. Why would Lids carry old throwback hats from the previous season anyways?

You saw the old one. They wore it as a throwback cap in 2012, which just ended. The new ones are different, even in the slightest, and were just unveiled. You did not see the new ones.

Alright, it was fun talking Astros debut with everyone, but I must go now. 'tis Friday night, and this will be me in about an hour or two:

man-drinking-beer-pic-sm-289868461.jpg

Peace out! :)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Remember when I said I saw that cap at Lids? Well, I was kind of right! :D I realize they used it last year too, but I was still sort of right. Why would Lids carry old throwback hats from the previous season anyways?

You saw the old one. They wore it as a throwback cap in 2012, which just ended. The new ones are different, even in the slightest, and were just unveiled. You did not see the new ones.

Looking back at some pictures, you're right again. The shaping of the H is different on this year's cap. I thought they just brought over the cap from last year, which would kind of make me right in a way.

I think the thing that bothers me about this set is the all blue cap. It's already kind of a dull set, uniform-wise - using the blue/orange cap as the full time hat and tossing in the orange one on occasions would bring a bit of brightness to the net. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they went orange full time at home and blue/orange on the road.

I dunno. The 2000s set was kind of a mess, but I think I liked it more than this. Of course, they could have just brought back the 90s set and I would have been a big fan.

330zl3b.png

I really like this:

pMLB2-13780761dt.jpg

They could have designed a fantastic uniform set around this, but instead chose to mail it in with a minor league, generic set.

Actually, these would be more Minor League and the actual uniforms Major League, as Major League uniforms are more traditional and Minor League ones are "out there" and "wacky". Plus, Major League uniforms just don't use side panels (save for BP's). They just don't.

I really like this:

pMLB2-13780761dt.jpg

They could have designed a fantastic uniform set around this, but instead chose to mail it in with a minor league, generic set.

In all honesty, this is the ONLY thing I like about the set. The return to orange and blue was ok with me, but the new unis are just TOO old school for a team named the "Astros".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

These actually look really nice. I would have loved to see the shooting star return - even just on an alternate jersey - but it's a nice set nonetheless. I thought the beveling would look bad on the cap, but it turned out good. Same goes for the rainbow side panels on the BP uni. The only aspects I don't like are the orange cap and the lack of a matching squatchee/bill (As an aside, I agree with Quillz that the button and squatchee should always match, even if the bill matches the rest of the cap, like with the Dodgers and Cubs).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Like em don't love em but I think most houstonians would agree ten times better than the non orange and blue sets ESP the last one that tried too much to be non astro and more old school copy cat! I think I'm the only one doesn't like the rainbow ribs bp jersey...could have been better

Archived