New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP to the nice Houston script. They're selling a gray tee with the new road script and it looks like the type of thing that would be handed out at a homeless shelter.

But the most important thing is that a-hole Junction Jack is out and Orbit is back and not just in Pog form.

240x404_orbit.jpg

Oh my. He does look to be a bit Poochie'd. Here he is in more innocent times:

BringBackOrbit.jpg

The new set harkens back to the mid-1960s uniforms. You know, the Space Age? Worlds better than the Olde Weste "South Texas Railmen" look they've been saddled with for so long.

Wait - I found something I hate about the set.

x2NGb.jpg

No orange squatchee? Contrasting bills need them for balance.

Absolutely. I'm okay with the two-tone cap, but the crown definitely needs the orange squatchee. I keep looking for it but it ain't gonna happen.

One minor detail I like is that the number set isnt just a normal block, its modeled after the wordmark with the same angled serifs.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The only thing I would "change", other than the button to orange on the road cap, is switching said road cap to home and the navy cap to road. They just go better with the opposite jersey of their designation. Hope they wear the orange cap with the orange jersey at least a few times. Y'know, since the Marlins won't seem to.

What's the sock situation with these new unis? Navy? Orange? Stripes? Overall I really enjoy the new look and wouldn't change too much.

I'm willing to bet they will be reasonably smart and go with navy socks Monday thru Thursday at home, orange socks on Friday and Saturday with the orange caps and orange jerseys respectively, and navy socks on Sundays with the rainbow guts/BP/alt. And strictly navy on the road, of course.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

To me, this set looks like the Mets and Padres went behind the dumpster and 9 months later this popped out.

Did the Astros take the Marlins Identical Orange too? You know, the one Loria specifically designed and worked with New Era to get just right.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived