New Houston Astros Uniforms

JustABallCoach

I've used a seamripper to take the New Era logo off of a cap before and it doesn't work that well. With so many tiny stitches, it took forever to get it off fully. Also, even after rinsing and heating it several times to try to shrink it, you can still see the outline of where the logo was. If I ever buy another NE cap with the logo on it, I'll probably just live with it instead of taking it off.

Why not sharpie it if its a similar color? EX: White NE logo, black hat. Black sharpie.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got around to getting the RGB-optimized versions up:

http://colorwerx.blo...-optimized.html

Do you still have the 93-99 logo sets in your archives? I went looking for it in a thread and the photobucket directory had been nuked.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've used a seamripper to take the New Era logo off of a cap before and it doesn't work that well. With so many tiny stitches, it took forever to get it off fully. Also, even after rinsing and heating it several times to try to shrink it, you can still see the outline of where the logo was. If I ever buy another NE cap with the logo on it, I'll probably just live with it instead of taking it off.

Why not sharpie it if its a similar color? EX: White NE logo, black hat. Black sharpie.

The black sharpie will bleed into the black fabric, which isn't the same shade of black as the marker. Problem exacerbated, not solved.

I finally got around to getting the RGB-optimized versions up:

http://colorwerx.blo...-optimized.html

Do you still have the 93-99 logo sets in your archives? I went looking for it in a thread and the photobucket directory had been nuked.

I do...I'm constantly moving things around in Photobucket...I'll work on getting them back up.

The black sharpie will bleed into the black fabric, which isn't the same shade of black as the marker. Problem exacerbated, not solved.

Some may prefer a slightly different black splotch to a bright white logo. I guess it depends on what you're going for. As someone who witnessed the blackout trend before they made blackout caps (must have been the early '90s because I remember the then-new black White Sox cap being the prominent choice), a black Sharpie will do the trick, but you may need to reapply. It may be noticeable at close range, but if you wanted a mint condition cap you wouldn't be worried about a logo on the side.

• 1 month later...

Archived