2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

2. Would anyone buy white pants / shorts with goofy stripes on them? Team color I can see, if it's dark, but unless someone is playing "dress up", would they really want to wear the white or bright yellow pants?

YES.

NFL team stuff sells very well and a lot of it is already gaudy. On top of that, you obviously can't wear football pants and "rep your team" when you're doing things like working out, playing flag football games, jogging, etc. without looking silly. The day the NFL finally figures out what we've thought for years (I can remember threads about it several years back) they're going to sell a ton.

I would buy a pair of white (or black) shorts with a Bengals stripe the second they come out.

Absolutely. It's friggin fan gear. In team colors. It isn't made to be worn to work or to dinner with the inlaws. It's made to be worn to games, while watching games, relaxing, or doing other leisure activities. Very few people outside of BBTV would consider people ruffians for wearing a pair of yellow pants to a Packers game.

You are putting words into my mouth (or on to my screen). I would not consider anyone a "ruffian", but even by sports-fan standards, wearing white pants with stripes or bright yellow would be a bold fashion decision.

Aren't there any more 2013 MLB changes to talk about? I had honestly forgot what thread we were in after we got CardJacked.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, an alternate light blue bill would suit the Rays.

They use a cap like that in BP. It could be what they are talking about, and I wouldn't mind it on the field.

Yeah, I couldn't really figure where they were going with that. I do have that BP cap.

OR MAYBE a plaid billed cap. That would be sick.

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

Hope that's it. I love their tartan.

Wasn't it confirmed that the black alt is gone after this past season?

still in the guide, but should be used sparingly. as njmeadowlanders suggested, probably to honor piazza if/when he gets inducted into the HOF. maybe another '90s throwback date.

looks like no los mets this year, and that's a good thing considering they'll have 5 jerseys in the regular rotation.

i'm hearing more solidly a new cap as well. EDIT: no new alt cap, just the new BPs like everyone else.

Yes, we all thought it was going to be buried but it will still officially exist. I can't see it being worn more than twice all season.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Looking into it a bit more, I cannot find anything to confirm the spelling. I'm confident I have in the past, but am having no luck now.

Meanwhile, a number of institutions seem to prefer to use the spelled out version, such as the Saint Louis Art Museum and the Saint Louis Zoo.

So, I've got nothing. That said, I'm pretty sure the Cardinals, at least, are officially the St. Louis Cardinals.

I know the official United State Postal Service spelling is Saint Louis and East Saint Louis. When I'm mailing something out at work, the computer program I use will only accept the address if it is spelled out. It won't accept the abbreviated name.

A poster - an MLB employee - on the New Era forum confirmed a change in BP caps for all teams in 2013, including some combination of 3930s and 5950s.

Yes thats correct the players want a fitted cap not a flex fit

tumblr_m287ikUgol1qan6q4.gif

Good riddance to the ugly overpiped 3930's! Hopefully the teams get creative with the new BP 5950's like they did with the old ones.

This.

To make matters more confusing, I think Saint Louis County is Saint Louis County but plenty willing to also be called St. Louis County. And of course Saint Louis County surrounds but does not contain St. Louis City. And then my home town a little bit out is Lake Saint Louis and NOT Lake St. Louis.

Panera does business as "Saint Louis Bread Company," no abbrev., around there, but reverts to Panera at/before Jeff City. I stopped at the one in Wentzville or thereabouts once.

Panera is one of those things I intend to spend my currently non-existant or projectable future fortune wasting my money on. Saint Louis Bread Co. was the successful company around St. Louis. It bought Panera. Turned it into what it is today. Kept the Saint Louis Bread Co. name around STL and Panera everywhere else. Drives me nuts. Obviously from a local pride perspective, but I also don't think the marketing makes sense. I feel like putting a city name on it makes it feel like more of a novelty worth checking out despite being a huge chain. Works for Atlanta Bread Co. (no idea who came first—STL/Panera got big first, but that's all I know). Anyways, my goal, despite Panera's brand recognition these days, is to buy the chain and change it all to Saint Louis Bread Co.

Great, worthwhile dreams I have, eh?

Sorry to continue the STLjack.

Wasn't it confirmed that the black alt is gone after this past season?

still in the guide, but should be used sparingly. as njmeadowlanders suggested, probably to honor piazza if/when he gets inducted into the HOF. maybe another '90s throwback date.

looks like no los mets this year, and that's a good thing considering they'll have 5 jerseys in the regular rotation.

i'm hearing more solidly a new cap as well. EDIT: no new alt cap, just the new BPs like everyone else.

I wish the Mets would make this an alt cap, looks fantastic with the Blue tops I think

Mets2013Home2.jpg?t=1350498168

True2OB.png

Those would be perfect for the Metsies.

They'd still have the problem of too many uniforms though. It'd be six:

- Pinstripe Home

- Cream Home

- Blue Home

- Black Home (Rumor is once this year for a "Mike Piazza Day", but it would still exist)

- Gray Road

- Blue Road

...not to mention they'll probably do another dumb "Los Mets" something-or-other.

Here's what that road blue may look like:

screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-5-24-10-pm.png?w=664

Is that gray on the letter and number, because I swear I saw gray in some artwork for the new alts. Am I crazy?

- Pinstripe Home

- Cream Home

- Blue Home

- Black Home (Rumor is once this year for a "Mike Piazza Day", but it would still exist)

- Gray Road

- Blue Road

...not to mention they'll probably do another dumb "Los Mets" something-or-other.

Is that gray on the letter and number, because I swear I saw gray in some artwork for the new alts. Am I crazy?

it was a concept done earlier in this thread

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

- Pinstripe Home

- Cream Home

- Blue Home

- Gray Road

- Blue Road

It is. This was a late 90's BP jersey and never used in a game.

The gray you saw in artwork here is a concept as was previously mentioned.

The version with the red hat? No thanks. Why would the Mets have a red brim? Because of the big apple? Pass.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

- Pinstripe Home

- Cream Home

- Blue Home

- Gray Road

- Blue Road

It is. This was a late 90's BP jersey and never used in a game.

The gray you saw in artwork here is a concept as was previously mentioned.

The version with the red hat? No thanks. Why would the Mets have a red brim? Because of the big apple? Pass.

That's an orange bill.

Looking into it a bit more, I cannot find anything to confirm the spelling. I'm confident I have in the past, but am having no luck now.

Meanwhile, a number of institutions seem to prefer to use the spelled out version, such as the Saint Louis Art Museum and the Saint Louis Zoo.

So, I've got nothing. That said, I'm pretty sure the Cardinals, at least, are officially the St. Louis Cardinals.

I know the official United State Postal Service spelling is Saint Louis and East Saint Louis. When I'm mailing something out at work, the computer program I use will only accept the address if it is spelled out. It won't accept the abbreviated name.

I've always jokingly called it Street Louis. That's probably the USPS's main concern with St. It's because, to them, St. first and foremost abbreviates Street.

I particularly like the Springfield Cardinals' alternate with the pastel and pastoral skyline in the state outline. They should get every team in the system using the city name with the bat; I think they all do except Memphis, who aren't named the Cardinals (I think that's the only one in the chain that isn't) but could still make it work with Redbirds.

The Quad Cities River Bandits are another exception, as are the Peoria Chiefs, who will replace them as the Cardinals' Midwest League affiliate in 2013. The Chiefs had a Cardinals specific logo when they were previously affiliated, but they switched the bird to a dalmation in 2005 when the Cubs came and St. Louis went to QC. At the very least Peoria will need to de-Cub their unis, but I'm not sure they'll abandon the dog.

Archived