2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat related, the Tucson Padres threw back to the Tucson Toros

tumblr_mo6urmGBMt1qbrp7ao1_500.jpg

TucsonToros_display_image.jpg?1304336530

Disappointing. I mean, that's not even close to capturing the once-in-a-generation hideousness.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Found another shot of the AL All Star Game cap.

null_zps1342b14b.jpg

i really like that

i like the idea of the white panel hats as BP hats

a Mr. Met hat in this style would be pretty stylin

i might have to pick up an NL one

20130608-160759.jpg

God I HATE how New Era switched to the 59Fifty styles for the BP caps. I much preferred the 39Thirty styles. The newer 59Fifty that have been coming out lately are more boxy and I hate the way they all fit on my head.

With that, I'd probably pick up both but I would need feel the fits of both since all sizes are not going to be the same. Normally I wear about a 7 7/8 or an 8 but for some reason in the Diamond Era BP caps I'm about a 7 3/4.

With that, I'd probably pick up both but I would need feel the fits of both since all sizes are not going to be the same. Normally I wear about a 7 7/8 or an 8 but for some reason in the Diamond Era BP caps I'm about a 7 3/4.

Youre correct, the new BP's run a hair smaller. I lean towards a 7 3/4 usually and in the end had to go with a 7 5/8 that fits great and actually fits my head better than any New Era cap I have.

Those caps look TOO much like Mets logo caps. As a fan of a rival team, there's no way I could ever wear one of those, even if it was in support of one of "my" guys. There's "inspired by", then there's this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Disappointing. I mean, that's not even close to capturing the once-in-a-generation hideousness.

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

What a bummer. When I heard they were going to wear the ugliest uniforms in sports history I was excited to see them in action. Where's the green on the jerseys? Where's the orange pants? Where's the trucker hats? It's almost as if the original uniforms were so ugly that even a team wearing them for a one game throwback to honor the ugliness didn't want to fully commit.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I always liked this...

ind19751.jpg

Love that hat. We wore that hat when I played Legion ball in WY.

I like that one too. Wouldn't mind that coming back if they insist on getting rid of Wahoo, but then I'd still like to see a new 2nd mark utilizing a feather in some capacity. Not a fan of anything using a block "C". Too boring, IMO.

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

What a bummer. When I heard they were going to wear the ugliest uniforms in sports history I was excited to see them in action. Where's the green on the jerseys? Where's the orange pants? Where's the trucker hats? It's almost as if the original uniforms were so ugly that even a team wearing them for a one game throwback to honor the ugliness didn't want to fully commit.

I maintain it's only a matter of time until colored pants make a comeback in MLB.

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

I maintain it's only a matter of time until colored pants make a comeback in MLB.

The day colored pants come back is the day the world ends.

Archived