2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if Texas is making Red their primary color next season? I just looked through the 2014 catalog and every single Texas Rangers item is shown on Red and lists Red as the only option available. The catalog doesn't show any jersey's but all of the shirts and outerwear are listed as only available in Red...

Anyone know if Texas is making Red their primary color next season? I just looked through the 2014 catalog and every single Texas Rangers item is shown on Red and lists Red as the only option available. The catalog doesn't show any jersey's but all of the shirts and outerwear are listed as only available in Red...

I heard MLB has blocked the Rangers from adopting red as their primary color as it would make their identity a virtual duplicate of the Angels so they are stuck with being a royal blue primary team.

I can't for the life of me remember if the Mets blue alts are new this season. But I am in awe of how beautiful they are. If I didn't hate the Mets I would think about picking up a jersey. I am watching the Phillies and Mets game tonight and I have to say that this game is a very aesthetically pleasing game to watch.

I can't for the life of me remember if the Mets blue alts are new this season. But I am in awe of how beautiful they are. If I didn't hate the Mets I would think about picking up a jersey. I am watching the Phillies and Mets game tonight and I have to say that this game is a very aesthetically pleasing game to watch.

The home alt is simply gorgeous, but the road one looks just terrible. It didn't look too bad when it was released, but yikes, it looks much worse in action. Also, I was fine with the alt cap when it was released (provided it was only worn 15-20 times at most), but now I really think it should be confined to BP status.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The home alt is simply gorgeous, but the road one looks just terrible. It didn't look too bad when it was released, but yikes, it looks much worse in action. Also, I was fine with the alt cap when it was released (provided it was only worn 15-20 times at most), but now I really think it should be confined to BP status.

Yeah on second thought...the gray numbers and letters are bad. Still I love the absence of black.

I have been told that the Rangers don't want to choose between Red and Blue because they are both representative of the State's flag. Both colors sell a ton of merchandise; I doubt that they would drop either one any time soon.

The blue has looked good on the Mets, but I feel like they're spamming it too much. It's like they've been wearing the blue more than either the piping or pinstripes at home or the greys on the road. We might be running into the same problem the black uniforms had, just with better aesthetics

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

rockies are wearing their BP jerseys against the nats today.... looks pretty amateur

exciting update: FP Santangelo mentioned the pitcher (Chacin) selected the bp jerseys as a way to show team unity (no name on the back) and because theyre better breathing fabric

Have the Rays worn their "alternate" (light blue crown) BP caps in a game yet? The regular BPs look great on the field.

Not yet, but if it happens I hope they're paired with the Sunday home alts.

rockies are wearing their BP jerseys against the nats today.... looks pretty amateur

exciting update: FP Santangelo mentioned the pitcher (Chacin) selected the bp jerseys as a way to show team unity (no name on the back) and because theyre better breathing fabric

Chacin also noted that the early start time (12:05 local?) reminded him of spring training games. The team was tearing it up offensively in spring training, and he wanted them to try to find a fresh start after only 7 runs on the road trip. Did look a little odd, but I enjoyed the change. Especially since it was 10:00 and I was barely up when the game started in Colorado, felt like they should be having BP, not a first pitch.

Those Rays hats are absolutely awful. Burst of sunshine logo? LOL. They really need to go back to the Devil Rays. The green and devil ray logo looked great, what they have now is garbage.

2ly2w09.jpg

I noticed that the back of Buck Showalter's jacket has an Orioles script in place of Harmon Killebrew. Anyone know what's up with that?

I always thought this was funny as well and I'm not sure the reason but Showalter always wears the dugout jackets from maybe five or more years ago before they had the batterman logo.

Archived