2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think that of all teams, the Yankees would be above that, but I guess not.

They wore camo at home earlier this year. It's all fair game now.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You'd think that of all teams, the Yankees would be above that, but I guess not.

They wore camo at home earlier this year. It's all fair game now.
Steinbrenner was a royal scumbag, but I'll give him this: he told MLB to pound sand when it came to things like this. He wouldn't sell out his team's aesthetic legacy for a little merchandising; he wouldn't even join the rotating-bullpen-jacket scheme, keeping the Yanks in classic satin jackets for a decade after all other teams had moved on.

When asked why the Yankees didn't participate in the "Turn Ahead the Clock" event, he responded: "We did."

The sleeve bands ruin the Yankees road jerseys. They were added for the 1973 season, which also happened to be the first year of Steinbrenner's ownership. I always assumed he had them added but don't know for sure.

It wasn't "broke", so there was nothing to fix...

65white653.jpg

True. But the reason why I like the arm bands is because the jersey has no sleeve patch. Without it, the jersey is really plain. The arm bands are simple and for me, it gives the jersey a nice balance. If the Yankees had a sleeve patch, then a band would be too much

Go A's!

The Yankees should have a home and road throwback if they really want alternates. Maybe start at 1905 and every two years move up in history until they resemble the current set, and even then maybe adopt a creme and faux flannel alternate.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived