2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

True. But the reason why I like the arm bands is because the jersey has no sleeve patch. Without it, the jersey is really plain. The arm bands are simple and for me, it gives the jersey a nice balance. If the Yankees had a sleeve patch, then a band would be too much

I can't argue about the plain part. It hasn't seemed to bother the Red Sox during much of their history, but I'm not sure that's a good enough reason for the Yankees to follow suit. :)

What about putting the NY on one sleeve? Or how about arm and sleeve piping, like this (just grabbing the first image I could think of). Not necessarily endorsing these ideas, just throwing them out...

VFMLBCOMRJ00003.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox have always had a great balance for their jersey -- at least recently since their home set has the headspoon and the road set had the arm band, and now logo patch.

Unfortunately, I think the fact that the Yankees don't have sleeve patches makes them that more intimidating. Like they are a franchise that's above everyone else with gimmicks. It's more mystical with the aura more than anything else for me

Go A's!

Having a home jersey that looks like it was designed in the '30s and a road jersey that looks like it's from the '70s doesn't really work. Drop the white and you're good.

If the yankees were ever to add an alt, I'd say it should be a road alt only, and be a gray jersey with the NY on the chest. With or without pinstripes. They should never wear a home alternate. Every single game, there are people who go to that stadium for the first and possibly only time in their life to see the Yankees play, and part of that experience is seeing the pinstripes. It would be a huge disappointment if they came out in BP jerseys and basically told you that your once-in-a-lifetime moment didn't mean anything to them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Yanks roads doesn't look like a 70s jersey. It's not all in your face with bold colors.

I actually liked the Dodgers with the white outline. Made reading the lettering easier. And the Dodgers have made how many changes to their uniform in the past 30 years? They're always looking to change something

Go A's!

They wore them today.

D83szy7.jpg

OHMYGAWD THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING NEXT THEY'RE GONNA WEAR THEM 162 TIMES A YEAR AND CHANGE THEIR NAME TO THE CANADA MAPLE LEAFS AND THEN THEIR LOOK WILL HO TO HELL WHY OH WHY ARE THEY CHIPPING AWAY AT IT

Whoah, thought I was a Cardinals fan there for a sec.

*eats Snickers*

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Rangers blew off the MLB Clashing Alts Recommendation and wore their royal alts in Houston against the Astros' BP's on Sunday.

No surprise there. Every time I see the Rangers road gray uni in action, I feel like settling into my best Australian accent to narrate the observation of such a rare creature.

But FWIW, the simple scheme of white letters with red outline on the blue alt doesn't suffer from illegible NOBs like that of the road gray and the home white.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The Rangers blew off the MLB Clashing Alts Recommendation and wore their royal alts in Houston against the Astros' BP's on Sunday.

No surprise there. Every time I see the Rangers road gray uni in action, I feel like settling into my best Australian accent to narrate the observation of such a rare creature.

But FWIW, the simple scheme of white letters with red outline on the blue alt doesn't suffer from illegible NOBs like that of the road gray and the home white.

Definitely better, but not quite there. They use the serifed western NoB font for the alts too, right? It would be better if they just went with the standard block font.

Well, the Astros blew off the Zpqmaowl Not Looking Like Crap Recommendation by wearing BP jerseys after BP.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Well, the Astros blew off the Zpqmaowl Not Looking Like Crap Recommendation by wearing BP jerseys after BP.

That a whole other issue that I am cautiously optimistic will be handled next season, with the new BP template (if the ASG BP template is the new template). It might actually force Houston to get a real navy alt instead of using the BP as an alt, like a minor league team. If you can't play like a major league franchise, at least look like one.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That a whole other issue that I am cautiously optimistic will be handled next season, with the new BP template (if the ASG BP template is the new template). It might actually force Houston to get a real navy alt instead of using the BP as an alt, like a minor league team. If you can't play like a major league franchise, at least look like one.

That would present an interesting dilemma. The current Astros BP/alts pay homage to the "tequila sunrise" era that many people, Astros fans and non Astros fans alike really love. A move to the supposed new template would create a nice simple navy BP jersey, but at the same time would eliminate the tequila sunrise touch altogether, or force the front office to make a move toward a new homage that may look too garish.

Kind of like the on-field product, there's just no winning with that franchise. :lol:

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Ooh, would this mean discount BP jerseys next year while they clear stock for the new ones? Say what you want about them being ugly, if I can get my hands on a Blue Jays jersey with *gasp* - actual embroidery for relatively cheap, count me in.

Archived