2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the Marlins wear their batting practice cap with their regular unis? If No, they should. That's a great look for them to wear at home.

Agreed, especially if they include the (sadly) rarely-worn white-panel BP cap. Come to think of it, have they ever worn that one on the field in any capacity? I always see the orange-billed cap during BP in Miami even though the white-paneled one is listed as the home BP.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Panel caps are a no period. And I disagree with the orange billed cap. The all-black one is far superior. And works better with the uniforms, as is the case with most one-colored cap. The orange billed caps look like snapback caps kids wear these days with neon colored sunglasses.

I thought the white script on gray was refreshing and my favorite jersey of their entire set

Yes, it was, and the orange cap was a refreshing break from the red/navy/black norm of MLB. The black jerseys are hideous and the choices they're making are a shame. Hopefully this era in Marlins uniform history will be short-lived.

Agreed.

It amazes me how many teams are completely oblivious to what sets look best in their own "closet".

SigReflect.png

I thought the white script on gray was refreshing and my favorite jersey of their entire set

Yes, it was, and the orange cap was a refreshing break from the red/navy/black norm of MLB. The black jerseys are hideous and the choices they're making are a shame. Hopefully this era in Marlins uniform history will be short-lived.

Agreed.

It amazes me how many teams are completely oblivious to what sets look best in their own "closet".

Maybe it would be different if they finally got smart and put "Tampa Bay" on the road jerseys.

They look too similar! I hate whenever two teams (no matter who they are) wear the same colour in the same game.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Agreed.

Maybe it would be different if they finally got smart and put "Tampa Bay" on the road jerseys.
That might be a little awkward since the Marlins play in Miami.

This was a quick 3-game road trip for TB and they wore the blue alt all three games. I assume it's all they traveled with. Minny on the other hand has the home whites, alt throwbacks, and the navy homes to play with. How hard is it to wear a contrasting home uni when you have 2 options.

Agreed.

That might be a little awkward since the Marlins play in Miami.

I'm failing to see the awkwardness in that.

Archived