2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Wow, love that Mets road alternate.

Regarding the Rays, is it possible the "new" hat and jersey is one of the throwbacks they've worn to old teams from the area? A Tampa Tarpons or St Pete Pelicans look perhaps?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets new alternate road

A7q2dK6CMAEPCem.jpg

I love this. As I said earlier, and as others have said already, it makes so much more sense to use gray for road alts and even road caps (not an issue with the Mets). It's a bit of a pet peeve to see white trim on a road jersey that goes with nothing else on the uniform. Always sticks out to me. Good job, Mets.

I like both a lot. And I'm surprised that no team has done the grey lettering on their road alt jersey before, it should look very good with grey pants. Then again, they would have been just fine using the home alt on the road.

The Mariners actually did it on their navy road alts. They started in 2003 as home alts with a "Mariners" script and white lettering, but when they made them the road alts in 2011 they made the lettering gray/silver. And of course it carried over to this season when they switched to the "Seattle"

Uh no. It was always silver.

Are the Cardinals really doing this alternate thing.

Ditching the navy road caps. BAD.

Putting St. Louis on a jersey. UNNECESSARY.

Having an alternate. BAD.

Having a cream/ivory/aged white alternate. SO BAD.

Stop it, Cardinals.

I agree with you about 75%. I agree with all except adding St. Louis to a jersey. I'd like to see it on the road in the case that its done right. It's a tricky mark to create perfect enough for the jerseys, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see what they came up with. However I'd rather be seeing it on said roadies instead of the unnecessary alternate. I don't know why they're doing one. Wait until the 125th Anniversary season in 2017 and do the different eras on Friday games like everyone else. I can get on board for a single season thing like that.

I don't see the alternate as unnecessary for the Cards. Cardinals fans are pretty protective of their uniforms, as evidenced by the outrage over the one year they dropped the birds-on-bat, so it's a smart move for the Cards to test the waters with the city name on an alternate first before changing the full-time roads.

Also, ditching the navy gear is a good move. The red hat looks so much better with their roads because the script, numbers, and NOB are all predominantly red.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't see the alternate as unnecessary for the Cards. Cardinals fans are pretty protective of their uniforms, as evidenced by the outrage over the one year they dropped the birds-on-bat, so it's a smart move for the Cards to test the waters with the city name on an alternate first before changing the full-time roads.

Also, ditching the navy gear is a good move. The red hat looks so much better with their roads because the script, numbers, and NOB are all predominantly red.

The navy cap looks just fine and there's historical precedence. Not everything can have gradients on it.

The navy cap looks just fine and there's historical precedence. Not everything can have gradients on it.

Wow, seriously? I'm not advocating for gradients. I just think this looks better:

22cardinals-blog480.jpg

The navy cap just sticks out like a sore thumb considering the rest of the uniform is red-dominant. Just because there's historical precedent for the navy cap doesn't mean it looks good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, seriously? I'm not advocating for gradients. I just think this looks better:

22cardinals-blog480.jpg

The navy cap just sticks out like a sore thumb considering the rest of the uniform is red-dominant. Just because there's historical precedent for the navy cap doesn't mean it looks good.

I agree.

The navy cap may look fine, but the red cap looks so much better.

I actually believe the navy cap looks better. It works with the grey as a cool color. Baseball grey has always appeared cool grey rather than warm grey. I think navy looks much better with it than red.

That said, red obviously looks fine on the Cardinals. Good even. Red is the color that's on the uniforms.

But I just enjoyed the navy hats and belts with it as a change of pace on the road.

That move annoys me, it doesn't upset me. The alternate gives me a negative initial reaction. It would take a stunningly beautiful design to make that go positive.

And as much as I dislike the Indians and Phillies alternates, I don't see an aged white alternate doing the trick for me. But I'll wait and see.

22cardinals-blog480.jpg

Sore thumb? It's navy. One of their colors. Even if its trim its still on the uniform. And the red StL logo coordinates with the red lettering just fine. It looks good with the uniforms, it's widely popular among the fanbase, has a history. Just see no reason to change.

Gold is one of their colors as well, but a gold cap wouldn't look as good as red.

That's not the same. Gold is a limited color, bat and beaks only. Navy is their secondary color. Sure red looks good with the roads, but so do the navy ones and it differentiates from the homes.

Archived