2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Guess we can now stop saying that the city name wouldn't look good on their roads...

Are they getting rid of the chain-stitching on all jerseys, or just this one?

All of them. I'll be at the unveiling and will snap some close-ups of the stitching. May even have to pick one up for myself.

Cards.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cardinals navy hat looks better with the road uniforms than the red one does.

What they need to do is drop that dumb Sunday alternate hat. Is that the biggest cardinal ever or is he perched on the world's smallest baseball bat?

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's disappointing the Cardinals won't be using the navy cap as the main cap on the road anymore. I felt that gave the uniforms good contrast from home and away. I really would like them to add a red bill to the navy cap and that would look solid I believe. But the one problem in the past with the road uniform has been that some players would wear navy t-shirts underneath and some would wear read. There was no consistency.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guess we can now stop saying that the city name wouldn't look good on their roads...

All of them. I'll be at the unveiling and will snap some close-ups of the stitching. May even have to pick one up for myself.

That's a real shame; I like the new textured-stitching, but there's something wonderfully rich about the chain-stitching, and I've been glad they've hung on to it.

I like them. I was hoping they were going to do a version of the 1940's uniforms with the piping that ran down the shoulders connecting the piping around the neck and sleeves.

I was dreading that - really hoping my Brewers pick it up in their next rebrand, and at the moment they can still own it. ;)

I am a big fan of this look. I wish they tweaked the script to loop the L around the bat, but it's not a deal breaker.

I think they should have done the shoulder/sleeve piping connecting to the neck. Also, the piping should be thicker. However, although it would work here as the look is "throwback inspired", shoulder piping in general sucks and should be used by nobody on a regular basis.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It still doesn't look as good as Cardinals does, nor does this somehow make it necessary for them to put St. Louis on the roads. I know 95% of the people on this board can't stand a road jersey without a city name, but I've never understood that.

Official unveiling is tomorrow, but looks like they leaked a photo to the press.

2013-st-louis-alternate-jersey.jpg?w=300

I'll be damned if they don't look good. But I still hate the idea of them.

See? The city name DOES look good.

Phillies: take notes.

Dude, it's not the same thing. Philadelphia is too long for that script font they use. And don't reference that prototype pic. It doesn't look good on there either.

It appears there WILL Be numbers on the front of these jerseys.

Also, you can see the shorter (thus bolder) numbers referenced before on the front. Although it almost appears that's only on the home and roads. Could be angles, could be a mistake, not sure.

A71WuR2CIAEnYCv.jpg

Almost looks like the L is pushing the number too low on the alt. Or at least looks like they could raise it a bit.

It appears there WILL Be numbers on the front of these jerseys.

Also, you can see the shorter (thus bolder) numbers referenced before on the front. Although it almost appears that's only on the home and roads. Could be angles, could be a mistake, not sure.

A71WuR2CIAEnYCv.jpg

Should change the grey on to have St. Louis script too. Looks great.

The numbers on the front are a half inch shorter. And I believe the names are on the back, but I don't know for sure.

So that makes them 4" total (I believe they were 4 1/2" correct)

I did see as they are walking away the names are on the back

Archived