2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

I'm not sure If I like the new Tampa Bay Rays cap.

Not sure where they would go with this. Could go with a simple color change or the little ray of light, I suppose. Or they could go with their "throwback" style and use a light blue front panel. Will be interesting to see. Care to share any other hints for any other teams, Showtime?

I guess I shouldn't have said "new". You've seen it before.

So the all light blue with the glint?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure If I like the new Tampa Bay Rays cap.

Not sure where they would go with this. Could go with a simple color change or the little ray of light, I suppose. Or they could go with their "throwback" style and use a light blue front panel. Will be interesting to see. Care to share any other hints for any other teams, Showtime?

I guess I shouldn't have said "new". You've seen it before.

So the all light blue with the glint?

More likely, I'm thinking the plaid?

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

Anubis.png

I doubt it would ever happen, but the first thing I thought of was the original Devil Rays hat with the giant ray in front of the gradient oval. Except, it would use the current colors in the gradient.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So far we know the Astros will be getting new uniforms and logos (unveiled November 2).

We hear rumors or speculation each year that this is the year the Brewers will put Milwaukee on the road unis, so I guess that is another thing which might potentially actually happen.

The Cardinals are supposedly dropping the navy caps.

There has been speculation that the White Sox will wear the 1983 throwbacks again, possibly each Sunday home game.

The Mets will be getting a blue alternate and dropping the black jerseys and caps.

Have any other changes been reported?

White Sox are unveiling their alt cap end of January.

I'm guessing you mean a normal alternate cap and not a throwback? If so, :censored:.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I would LOVE for 2013 to be the season the Mariners finally bring back the teal bill cap for every home game. If and when that happens, they need to bring back the teal bill helmets to match as well. And maybe, just maybe...bringing back the old teal crown-navy bill alt cap as a once a week alternate would be a nice treat.

And what's all this talk about a new cap for the Rays??

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Roman - can you keep the first post updated with separate sections for confirmations and legitimate speculations?

So far (I know I've missed a few):

Confirmed:

Rays are bringing back a previously used cap from their past.

Cardinals dropping the navy cap (not sure this was absolutely 100% confirmed, but reading between the lines suggests that's the case)

Nationals are adding a new cap

Astros complete overhaul

Mets dropping black jerseys / caps, adding blue alt

White Sox new cap (possible new throwback as well)

Legit Speculation:

White Sox throwback

I'm sure I missed a couple.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After thinking about it for a while, I've come up with a wish-list of what I'd like to see next year:

Red Sox- Return the blue piping on the red alt, and use the 70's hat with it

Angles- Switch back to the gold halos used on the jerseys and caps in 2011

Twins- Make the cream alt the home uniform, and bring back the pinstripes on the roads

Mariners- Wear the teal bill hat with the home jerseys

Rangers- Put "Rangers" on the home jerseys and lose the black dropshadows

Blue Jays- Bring back the white front-panel hat with the home jersey

D-Backs- Bring back the purple and teal as a Friday or Sunday alt

Cubs- New road jersey and replace the walking bear logo with one of the old cub head logos

Reds- Lose the black and go back to block fonts

Rockies- Get rid of the pinstripes on the home jersey, put "Rockies" on the purple alt, and scrap the black vest

Marlins- Put "Marlins" on the home jersey and wear the orange cap with it as well as the orange jersey

Brewers- Put "Milwaukee" on the road jerseys

Pirates- Lose the bull :censored: alt cap

My wish-list:

• Arizona: dump the boring Astros-ripoff color scheme and bring back the purple and teal.
  • Atlanta: add some red in to the navy alternate and dump the horrid fauxback.
  • Baltimore: bring back the '09-'11 road script that was angled up more to match the home script.
  • Cincinnati: dump the BFBS trim.
  • Detroit (and NY Yankees): pick one logo and stick to it
  • Miami (and Texas, and LA Angels, and Philly, and Milwaukee, and St. Louis): team name at home, city name on the road.
  • Minnesota (and NY Mets, and San Francisco): matching road wordmarks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived