2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what anyone says, I love everything that the new Astros look has unveiled so far.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Honestly, aside from maybe 5 or 10, all of these are horrendous.

Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Athletics, Reds home, Brewers alt. Those are quite good.

Then on the other end of the spectrum we have the Braves, Dodgers (both), Yankees (both), Rays and Blue Jays on the "awful" side. The rest all fall somewhere on the "meh" spectrum.

Honestly, aside from maybe 5 or 10, all of these are horrendous.

Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Athletics, Reds home, Brewers alt. Those are quite good.

Then on the other end of the spectrum we have the Braves, Dodgers (both), Yankees (both), Rays and Blue Jays on the "awful" side. The rest all fall somewhere on the "meh" spectrum.

I'd probably put the Rays in the mid-spectrum and Rockies on the "awful" side, but yes, that's about right.

It's probably just the picture, but that Cardinals cap doesn't look very good having straight red on navy, without a white stroke like their former road caps.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

what does "Game" under the White Sox mean?

Maybe they'll have one for their throwbacks like the Brewers and it just isn't included in the catalog?

I love front panels on hats, but just like vests, they don't work on everybody. Especially when you're doing stupid things like the Padres. Front panel dark with the rest of the cap white? Having the bill of the cap match the front panel and not the body? There's a reason that nobody ever has a front panel cap like that, it looks awful.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm thinking that the White Sox' BP cap can be and could be used in a game. Which would definitely be different, to say the least.

Agreed. I would think most of these new caps could be. Not long ago there was a link to an interview transcript on UniWatch with the president of New Era, who mentioned that many of the caps were designed to be adopted as an in-game alternate in addition to their BP status.

Mets, Reds, A's=great, but not for outside of BP.

IMO, most of the others (except the Braves and Padres, which are total abominations) would look great in game action.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

so it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be used in game, but it will be used for a normal "game" as opposed to the alternate uniform.

(as seen with Milwaukee)

That would be my guess. They should have called them "primary" caps instead of "game" caps.

Archived