2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, like this hat, didn't need any poofyness and should've had a white outline.

[hanging sox cap image]

This seriously could have worked if it had a white outline and a red brim.

Just like the 1999 TATC cap did. My favorite (unworn, sadly) Sox cap.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

My Minnesota Twins need to get a Sky Blue uniform for the alternate road. For the alternate home Uniform, change it to Red. For the home uniform, get rid of the pinstripes. Get rid of the cream uniform and change it to Navy Blue. The road stays the same. My ideas that I have are for the future.

My Minnesota Twins need to get a Sky Blue uniform for the alternate road. For the alternate home Uniform, change it to Red. For the home uniform, get rid of the pinstripes. Get rid of the cream uniform and change it to Navy Blue. The road stays the same. My ideas that I have are for the future.

As a Twins fan myself, I disagree with all of that.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I agree, like this hat, didn't need any poofyness and should've had a white outline.

dsc_32311.jpg

Disagree. I have this hat shown and the 1999 All-Star Game Futures version of this hat that has the white outline (and flat embroidery) and this hat looks better. It has more of an old-time "felted logo" look to it than the 1999 version with white.

Interesting story about the 1999 cap. I bought it from Twins souvenir store across the street from Fenway that summer. They only had a few. It's a New Era 5950 field cap. I asked what the hat was since it wasn't a Sox alternate at the time. It was intended for use by the minor leaguers for the All-Star Futures Game (ASG was at Fenway in '99) but the shipment arrived too late for the game, so they sent them across the street to sell at retail. It's one of my best-fitting caps.

That's New Era's style of the moment, to puff-broider the outermost stroke of a logo.

I think it looks awful on the NFL caps, and looks awful here. Might not be getting a Brewers alt after all.

Reebok started that crap on NFL caps. I have a Bears cap from about six years agowhere the white on the wishbone C is raised, rather than the orange.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As a non-Twins fan, I agree with your disagreement. All those changes would drastically ruin their set.

As a non-Twins fan, I agree with your disagreement. All those changes would drastically ruin their set.

As a non-Twins fan who hates them with a passion and almost wishes they were good again so I could derive pleasure from my team throttling them, I agree with your agreement on his disagreement. I think the Twins made small blunders on pretty much every aspect of their minor revamp, but holy crap. Sky blue road alt? Red home alt? Solid navy uniforms? No thank you.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

IDK if this was posted anywhere in this thread, but this has got to be my favorite Spring Training logo..

springtraining2013.jpg

You can't get any more Baseball-sy and Hot weather-sy than this. Beautiful. And the Glasses and the cursive yellow font gives it a vintage vibe as well.

Love it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

dsc_32311.jpg

Disagree. I have this hat shown and the 1999 All-Star Game Futures version of this hat that has the white outline (and flat embroidery) and this hat looks better. It has more of an old-time "felted logo" look to it than the 1999 version with white.

Interesting story about the 1999 cap. I bought it from Twins souvenir store across the street from Fenway that summer. They only had a few. It's a New Era 5950 field cap. I asked what the hat was since it wasn't a Sox alternate at the time. It was intended for use by the minor leaguers for the All-Star Futures Game (ASG was at Fenway in '99) but the shipment arrived too late for the game, so they sent them across the street to sell at retail. It's one of my best-fitting caps.

This is the cap being mentioned, and it was for the Turn Ahead the Clock game vs. Detroit in September of 1999. The Sox claimed Hurricane Andrew caused a delay of the shipment of hats and jerseys (weird, since they were both available to the public in July), but their ugliness was likely the reason why they weren't worn. Anyway, the Hanging Sox logo on this cap was too big, in my opinion, and I also like the 2009-present version better. I hope it comes back this year. I know Francona hated anything other than the traditional 'B' cap. Anyway, I sold both of my TATC Sox caps on eBay, and I never regretted it because they never saw the field at Fenway.

tatc.jpg

This is the cap being mentioned, and it was for the Turn Ahead the Clock game vs. Detroit in September of 1999. The Sox claimed Hurricane Andrew caused a delay of the shipment of hats and jerseys (weird, since they were both available to the public in July), but their ugliness was likely the reason why they weren't worn. Anyway, the Hanging Sox logo on this cap was too big, in my opinion, and I also like the 2009-present version better. I hope it comes back this year. I know Francona hated anything other than the traditional 'B' cap. Anyway, I sold both of my TATC Sox caps on eBay, and I never regretted it because they never saw the field at Fenway.

tatc.jpg

That's a different hat. I'll have to post a photo of mine. It's all navy with a navy squatchee. The embroidered logo looks about the same as my cap. It's a New Era 5950, but it doesn't have the MLB logo on the back.

I would be extremely suprised to see the Marlins wear a "20th Anniversary" patch. IMO, it kinda goes against what they tried to do when the team "moved", it seemed the current ownership would just love to erase the "Florida" past.

On a sidenote about the Marlins, they just had FanFest, and opened up single game ticket sales..........only 4 people in line. I wonder if they were offering BOGO if you came out today to get your tickets.

IDK if this was posted anywhere in this thread, but this has got to be my favorite Spring Training logo..

springtraining2013.jpg

You can't get any more Baseball-sy and Hot weather-sy than this. Beautiful. And the Glasses and the cursive yellow font gives it a vintage vibe as well.

Its a really interesting logo, I like it. But, I would have rather seen separate Grapefruit/Cactus League logos. Still not sold on why Spring Training needs a logo anyways.

I noticed on the Blue Jays promotional schedule that they'll be giving away replica red caps on Canada Day. Would this mean they they'll wear a red version of their cap, like they've done in previous years? (They wore their regular caps last year.)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived