2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why most red and blue teams had to use red as the main color. Not that it matters, but I only see the Phillies using blue as the front panel. It makes all of those red and blue teams look even more alike when the color distribution is exact. I mean, red panel and blue wordmark for the Cubs, Cardinals, Nationals, Braves, Twins... and I'm not sure that's the right choice for any of those.

And I assume the Nationals and Angels backs got switched.

Also, I hadn't noticed in earlier pictures that the distressed look from the bill's edges also appears as a fringe for the wordmark. That just looks awful. As others have said, this combines a lot of bad trends into one. Are we really going to be seeing every team wear these in postgame?

I like these new post game presser hats. The only hats that seem to fit me good are the mesh back ones. Now with the BP hats becoming 59Fiftys which don't fit my head at all and sit way too high on my head, these new mesh back post game presser hats will be the only MLB hats I'll be buying.

iGLssSH.png

You mean Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy was a tattoo artist who's flash work was licensed for a variety of apparel, perfumes, etc. Audigier is responsible for the "Ed Hardy" shirts we all know and hate, not Ed Hardy who's reputation has been soiled because of it.

As for these designs, they may not be my taste or anyone's on here, but had they focused on 1 outdated trend instead of 4 they'd at least be passable as "I wouldn't buy it but I can see ________ wear one."

These just make me laugh because in the post game interview they portray the "Hey everybody I just gave up a 4 run lead in the ninth and yeah I don't have a shirt on but I'm just a cool relaxed sorta guy, who's just sittin' here talkin to you dudes. No biggie."

New Era meets American Eagle

You mean Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy was a tattoo artist who's flash work was licensed for a variety of apparel, perfumes, etc. Audigier is responsible for the "Ed Hardy" shirts we all know and hate, not Ed Hardy who's reputation has been soiled because of it.

As for these designs, they may not be my taste or anyone's on here, but had they focused on 1 outdated trend instead of 4 they'd at least be passable as "I wouldn't buy it but I can see ________ wear one."

Ha, I was hoping someone wouldn't get technical. But yeah, that guy.

I can picture people wearing these caps with Ed hardy shirts, or European racing shirts with Lamborghini shoes, but the cap will have a very curved bill and will be tilted to the side.

BP CAP UPDATE

I am holding one of the new BP caps in my hand (the Astros). I got it at the team store today. I don't know if this is true for the other teams, but in the case of the hats that the Astros were selling at Minute Maid, the BP cap fits a size BIGGER than labeled. I normally wear a 7-1/2, and I had to buy a 7-3/8 in the BP. I tried on a new Astros regular game hat to make sure about the sizes. So buyer beware if you are getting them online and not in store.

Also, they are high crown as hell, but I tried on a dozen of them and found a couple to be less high crown than others.

The material is more like the last round of BP caps than the early 2000's mesh. It feels pretty lightweight.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Also, they are high crown as hell, but I tried on a dozen of them and found a couple to be less high crown than others.

Ugh, im glad I got one last year then, ill see it for myself, but I dunno if I want to spend $35 on a goofy lookin hat as I have a smaller head now (7 1/8), When I was fat it didnt look goofy, but now the elmer fudd style doesnt look as right on me, imo.

Does the cap have the regular backing in the front, the kind I rip out of every cap I buy?

Yup

4E68168E-1319-497C-BED5-1EE2AFFCBFFE-3453-00000731FB7EB289_zpsd81b4b4d.jpg

Why would you rip out the backing, is it because it's uncomfortable? And HOW would you even do it without destroying the cap?

I don't like a high-crowned cap. I'm a 7 5/8, so my head's big enough already. Ripping out the backing gives it a softer appearance, more like a cap from the 1950s or 60s.

As to the "how", it's really very simple. Locate some of the black plastic struts with a tweezers and start pulling them out. You get enough out and the backing just lifts off. There's a video tutorial out there somewhere.

Archived