2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

The light blue rays bp hat is on the official new era bp POSTER my store received. So I'm sure we will see it at some point, seems odd to put a "prototype" on promotional pieces.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe in my area (Washington DC) basically only Lids stores carry the new Diamond Era hats and the only teams they carry are all the generic/ugly looking ones

Brewers, O's, Nats, Tigers, Angels, Yanks (home and away) Pirates, Reds (black/red) and SF Giants

Why not the ones with actual nice colors and cool logos? -Mets, Rockies, Rays, Reds (all red), A's, Jays, Marlins, Astros, D-backs.

This is so frustrating. I don't want to order them online because just like the 5950, it seems like you need to try on 3 of each size just to find one that actually fits.

I can't believe in my area (Washington DC) basically only Lids stores carry the new Diamond Era hats and the only teams they carry are all the generic/ugly looking ones

Brewers, O's, Nats, Tigers, Angels, Yanks (home and away) Pirates, Reds (black/red) and SF Giants

Why not the ones with actual nice colors and cool logos? -Mets, Rockies, Rays, Reds (all red), A's, Jays, Marlins, Astros, D-backs.

This is so frustrating. I don't want to order them online because just like the 5950, it seems like you need to try on 3 of each size just to find one that actually fits.

I mentioned this upthread, but in case you missed it, the new BP's run a size bigger than the normal 5950's, and the crown height varies from cap to cap (from tall to holy-hell-this-is-Peyton-Manning's-hat)

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Anyone know if the Braves "screaming Indian" cap is going to be released?

It won't. The Braves officially dropped it.

What's funny is that it's in MLB 13: The Show.

MPSrCry.jpg

Yep - it was already programmed into the game before the designs leaked and the backlash started. There might even be some production units floating around out there to be shipped to a developing nation.

It's very hard to abandon a design that late in the process.

Isn't the "screaming brave" patch still on their cream alts in the game? That too was abandoned late.

I bought one of the new Rays BP caps over the weekend and wanted to share a few things:

- The material is the same, if not slightly lighter weight than the previous flexfit versions.

- Make sure you try on in person, as they tend to run big. I usually lean towards a 7 3/4 in the usual 59fifty, but that one felt oddly large on my head i the new BP. I went with a 7 5/8 and it fit like a glove.

- I noticed that the visor of the cap is a little firmer than normal, so making the perfect curve with just your bare hands is is done easily.

I bought one of the new Rays BP caps over the weekend and wanted to share a few things:

- The material is the same, if not slightly lighter weight than the previous flexfit versions.

- Make sure you try on in person, as they tend to run big. I usually lean towards a 7 3/4 in the usual 59fifty, but that one felt oddly large on my head i the new BP. I went with a 7 5/8 and it fit like a glove.

- I noticed that the visor of the cap is a little firmer than normal, so making the perfect curve with just your bare hands is is done easily.

It's because the cap is made in China. China caps always run bigger than caps made in the US.

New Era had a fan forum chat today and confirmed Stars & Stripes will return this season. Design has not been made yet and they have not ruled out using Diamond Era template for it.

Go A's!

Anyone know if the Braves "screaming Indian" cap is going to be released?

It won't. The Braves officially dropped it.

What's funny is that it's in MLB 13: The Show.

MPSrCry.jpg

Yep - it was already programmed into the game before the designs leaked and the backlash started. There might even be some production units floating around out there to be shipped to a developing nation.

It's very hard to abandon a design that late in the process.

Isn't the "screaming brave" patch still on their cream alts in the game? That too was abandoned late.

The game nailed the New Era quality control. Look at that logo placement! The games are so accurate these days... even accounting for overseas production flaws.

Yes, but it was caught earlier in the process, and as far as I know the video game was the only leak.

xlarge.png

The jersey in that screen cap doesn't have the blue piping either - is that in the game?

I don't even remember seeing that jersey in the game. I could be wrong though. I also tried some spring training hat and regular uniform matchups on The Show. The best looking IMO were the Blue Jays with the leaf cap and Rays with the sunburst cap.

mcbqza.jpg

It's because the cap is made in China. China caps always run bigger than caps made in the US.

Normally, a Chinese made New Era 7 3/4 is fine for me, but this one fit VERY loose.

Normally, a Chinese made New Era 7 3/4 is fine for me, but this one fit VERY loose.

80% of the time a China-made cap is too big for me. Which is why every time I order online, I call to ask them to check where the cap is made.

Go A's!

New Era had a fan forum chat today and confirmed Stars & Stripes will return this season. Design has not been made yet and they have not ruled out using Diamond Era template for it.

I'm one of the few who actually didn't mind the S&S caps. They were miles better than the camo ones worn last year.

Given they they now have a maple leaf in their logo, I'm guessing the Blue Jays will just wear a patch for 9/11 and their BP caps for Canada Day.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm one of the few who actually didn't mind the S&S caps. They were miles better than the camo ones worn last year.

Given they they now have a maple leaf in their logo, I'm guessing the Blue Jays will just wear a patch for 9/11 and their BP caps for Canada Day.

They did refer to the camos last year as S&S, so I wouldn't rule out more camo this year

Go A's!

Yes, but it was caught earlier in the process, and as far as I know the video game was the only leak.

xlarge.png

The jersey in that screen cap doesn't have the blue piping either - is that in the game?

That uniform isn't in this year's game. That uniform and the late 60's set got replaced by the 1970's Hank Aaron set and the early 1980's set.

Here in SC, where Braves merch is sold everywhere, there aren't any Braves BP hats for sale yet, and no one seems to know when they will be in stock. All our stores are selling Yankees (Home & Away), Red Sox, Angels, White Sox, Tigers (Away), Dodgers (Away), Reds (Away), Brewers (Throwback) and Pirates. My brother who lives in MN got me a Twins home hat, but I'm afraid of the fit, since these hats are all over the place size-wise and the crown is enormous. You really do need to try on 3 or 4 to find a decent fit.

Archived