2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at the Dodgers' website.

And then look at this snapshot from the Wayback Machine:

ECzDv2x.png

I'm not too sure if I like this new branding.

Somewhat unrelated, but the second picture on the main headlines of the website is Clayton Kershaw pitching, and man those grey crown caps are horrendous. Don't know why they couldn't have just gone blue crown/silver brim.

330zl3b.png

Because they did, and it looked like absolute crap. I mean, even without the outline it's bad. Silver is Not A Team Color and never should be.

1195840870_7a7ddaa406_o.jpg

On another unrelated note, are there any other action shots of that horrawful set than this one?

1195836630_9dd2b684a7_o.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I'm sooooo glad that the Orioles, Jays, and now the Astros are back to their "old" logos.

We only need the Brewers to follow suit.

I agree Gothamite. But instead of the ball and glove logo, would Brewers fans go for the mid to late 90s 'M' hat but with just royal blue and gold? I think the 'M' had the tealish color in it too. Unpopular opinion forthcoming...I liked the teal days of the Brewers.

I'm sooooo glad that the Orioles, Jays, and now the Astros are back to their "old" logos.

I agree Gothamite. But instead of the ball and glove logo, would Brewers fans go for the mid to late 90s 'M' hat but with just royal blue and gold? I think the 'M' had the tealish color in it too. Unpopular opinion forthcoming...I liked the teal days of the Brewers.

Brewers never used teal. Green, yes. Teal, no.

Ball in glove is so much loved here - no other logo garners as much support.

It's where I sit.

They might have called it "Hunter Green", but to my eye it was much closer to Kelly than the forest green the Packers wear.

MilwaukeeBrewers_FRC_1999_SCC_SRGB.png

I too would prefer a return to the 1997-99 Brewers scheme (with the simple deletion of all green), but the clear favorite is the BnG.

jk340b0qbkaqsbeqmfbnhk5g8.gif

That's what the fans want, that's what the fans buy, and that's what the team should wear.

I would ask that my beloved Beer Barrel Man be accorded secondary status and allowed to co-exist, but I recognize where the fans' true sympathies lie.

Brewers never used teal. Green, yes. Teal, no.

Ball in glove is so much loved here - no other logo garners as much support.

Green...sorry. It's been a while since I've seen the logos and my childhood memory failed me. It's a shame the M logo is is much better than the BnG.

Because they did, and it looked like absolute crap. I mean, even without the outline it's bad. Silver is Not A Team Color and never should be.

On another unrelated note, are there any other action shots of that horrawful set than this one?

*sigh* I guess I'm the only one that liked those. Maybe if they had all of the extra outlines eliminated it would have gone over better.

Well, there's Chan Ho Park's famous karate kick vs. Tim Belcher in 1999:

tumblr_lr5uu8DU2m1qznfdeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m33y9pS2QM1qk9es5o1_500.jpg

They might have called it "Hunter Green", but to my eye it was much closer to Kelly than the forest green the Packers wear.

MilwaukeeBrewers_FRC_1999_SCC_SRGB.png

I too would prefer a return to the 1997-99 Brewers scheme (with the simple deletion of all green), but the clear favorite is the BnG.

jk340b0qbkaqsbeqmfbnhk5g8.gif

That's what the fans want, that's what the fans buy, and that's what the team should wear.

I would ask that my beloved Beer Barrel Man be accorded secondary status and allowed to co-exist, but I recognize where the fans' true sympathies lie.

I kinda liked the green... maybe I'm the only one. If they have to go with navy and old gold, the green at least made it a little more unique. My first choice would be royal and athletic gold. An absolute classic scheme that pretty much nobody wears any more.

AND...

retro-jerseys2.jpg

Sorry for the huge picture, but, isn't he beautiful?

Yep, those are all cool. Mascot logos are the best, even if that's not a real Pirate logo (Topps sticker, wasn't it?).

The problem I had with the green is that navy and metallic gold is such a sharp color scheme, and the green just muddied it up. The hue is too close to blue, and a third color just meant an extra outline to make everything harder to read.

Archived