2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After thinking about it for a while, I've come up with a wish-list of what I'd like to see next year:

Red Sox- Return the blue piping on the red alt, and use the 70's hat with it Also drop the blue road alt

Angles- Switch back to the gold halos used on the jerseys and caps in 2011

Twins- Make the cream alt the home uniform, and bring back the pinstripes on the roads

Mariners- Wear the teal bill hat with the home jerseys

Rangers- Put "Rangers" on the home jerseys and lose the black dropshadows

Blue Jays- Bring back the white front-panel hat with the home jersey

D-Backs- Bring back the purple and teal as a Friday or Sunday alt ONLY. The D-Backs current color scheme is so much better than the generic 90s one.

Cubs- New road jersey and replace the walking bear logo with one of the old cub head logos

Reds- Lose the black and go back to block fonts

Rockies- Get rid of the pinstripes on the home jersey, put "Rockies" on the purple alt, and scrap the black vest Overhaul. I can't stand their identity. Use more purple a better font, and less BS alternates.

Marlins- Put "Marlins" on the home jersey and wear the orange cap with it as well as the orange jersey

Brewers- Put "Milwaukee" on the road jerseys

Pirates- Lose the bull :censored: alt cap

FTFY. :P

spacer.png

After thinking about it for a while, I've come up with a wish-list of what I'd like to see next year:

Red Sox- Return the blue piping on the red alt, and use the 70's hat with it Also drop the blue road alt

Angles- Switch back to the gold halos used on the jerseys and caps in 2011

Twins- Make the cream alt the home uniform, and bring back the pinstripes on the roads

Mariners- Wear the teal bill hat with the home jerseys

Rangers- Put "Rangers" on the home jerseys and lose the black dropshadows

Blue Jays- Bring back the white front-panel hat with the home jersey

D-Backs- Bring back the purple and teal as a Friday or Sunday alt ONLY. The D-Backs current color scheme is so much better than the generic 90s one.

Cubs- New road jersey and replace the walking bear logo with one of the old cub head logos

Reds- Lose the black and go back to block fonts

Rockies- Get rid of the pinstripes on the home jersey, put "Rockies" on the purple alt, and scrap the black vest Overhaul. I can't stand their identity. Use more purple a better font, and less BS alternates.

Marlins- Put "Marlins" on the home jersey and wear the orange cap with it as well as the orange jersey

Brewers- Put "Milwaukee" on the road jerseys

Pirates- Lose the bull :censored: alt cap

FTFY. :P

I forgot to include those things :P

The Reds just need to remove the dropshadow.

The current font was chosen because it resembles a 19th century style with a modern twist. It's not that bad ...

And if they were to add the script to the home uniforms, then they really will headed in the wrong direction.

NDwas' news is good to know! All I'll say is that what I saw was an alternate uniform, not changes to the home or road.

I could tolerate the script as an alt, although I wouldn't see the point. As has already been said, get rid of the drop shadow and get rid of the black bill on the road cap, and leave the rest alone.

NDwas' news is good to know! All I'll say is that what I saw was an alternate uniform, not changes to the home or road.

I could tolerate the script as an alt, although I wouldn't see the point. As has already been said, get rid of the drop shadow and get rid of the black bill on the road cap, and leave the rest alone.

Especially since BPs can be used in games. I wish more teams would take color/design risks with the BPs (and that Reds script certainly qualifies) and possibly use them as test runs for future alts / overhauls. If they're popular as BPs, try them in a game. If reaction is positive, maybe try it as an alt, etc., etc.

That said, I can't imagine the Reds script has become popular enough among fans to replace the tradition of the home unis' C-Reds.

Especially since BPs can be used in games. I wish more teams would take color/design risks with the BPs (and that Reds script certainly qualifies) and possibly use them as test runs for future alts / overhauls. If they're popular as BPs, try them in a game. If reaction is positive, maybe try it as an alt, etc., etc.

That said, I can't imagine the Reds script has become popular enough among fans to replace the tradition of the home unis' C-Reds.

Of the fellow Reds fans I've brought it up to, all either 1) hadn't noticed that it existed, even though it's painted behind home plate :unsure: 2) were indifferent, or 3) don't like it. I've not heard a single person say they actually like it.

Anyway, my offseason wish list.

-All teams put player names on all their uniforms (looking at you, Yankees and Red Sox)

-Dodgers and Cubs add drop shadow to their logos

-Indians change up again, and this time use nothing but Chief Wahoo on their uniforms. No front script, just wahoo. Put wahoo where the numbers would normally be, and put the numbers themselves on wahoo's nose. Use a tilted wahoo at the nameplate, but put the names on wahoo's feather. Wahoo on all the caps. Put wahoo on each sleeve and back pocket as well.

-At least 2 teams add black alts

-At least 2 teams revert from city name to team name on road uniforms

Think that about covers it.

-All teams put player names on all their uniforms (looking at you, Yankees and Red Sox)

-Indians change up again, and this time use nothing but Chief Wahoo on their uniforms. No front script, just wahoo. Put wahoo where the numbers would normally be, and put the numbers themselves on wahoo's nose. Use a tilted wahoo at the nameplate, but put the names on wahoo's feather. Wahoo on all the caps. Put wahoo on each sleeve and back pocket as well.

I'm going to assume you're not being serious with this list otherwise your opinion is officially and forever invalidated on all subjects known to man.

Poor attempt at trolling.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Excited to hear the Mets will be getting 2 blue alts. I hope to see one use white lettering outlined in orange and the other orange outlined in white. Would also love to see an alt cap too, but not counting on it.

I don't know how I feel about this, if in fact the Mets are going this route. I generally don't mind alternates, but when your primaries are as great as the Mets' are, do you even need an alternate? Even if the alternate looks great, I don't know how I feel about seeing the primaries less often. Maybe I'm overstating my like for the Mets' primaries because for the first time since 1997, the team looked great in 2012; I need to wait and see.

In addition to the Pirates bringing back the mustard caps, I would like to see the Angels wear "Los Angeles" on the road uniforms and have an "LA" with or without the halo. The Cubs should also go back to the monochrome look at they wore against the Giants this year with the thinking of "we wore these the last time we won the WS maybe we can do it again. Hopefully, in 2014 with new ownership, the Padres will finally be doing a redeisgn of the mess that they have now. As for the Nationals, what can they be adding now. Maybe a red cap with a blue "W".

Archived