Miami Dolphins Logo Concept (Update 1.1)

DolphinManatee

That's kind of cool. It doesn't seem right for an NFL team, though. Looks a little 70s or 80s to me, like something from one of those defunct leagues like the USFL or WFL.

And did you intend to put hidden letters in the alternate logo with the two dolphins and palm tree? It almost looks like the EIB microphone. Did Limbaugh buy the team? :lol:

That's kind of cool. It doesn't seem right for an NFL team, though. Looks a little 70s or 80s to me, like something from one of those defunct leagues like the USFL or WFL.

And did you intend to put hidden letters in the alternate logo with the two dolphins and palm tree? It almost looks like the EIB microphone. Did Limbaugh buy the team? :lol:

I think that's his watermark

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I thought about the sunburst being "cut" in half by haing the top and bottom half of it in two colors. The top half being colored in aqua to signify ocean waves, the bottom half in coal to signify the sunset reflecting off the water and the dolphin recolored blue as both contrast and to be closer to the natural grey that dolphons are anyway. I'd lose the football between the flippers. I'd either put the ball at the end of his tail like he was "kicking" it off, or drop it altogether and put a white helmet back on his head but make it more like an old school leatherhead- only white.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I feel like the football is kind of in an awkward position. Where it is right now, it's almost like it's not prominent enough to even be included in the logo, so maybe I would move it so you can make out the football's contour more. I don't know what it is. I think it's the fact that the dolphin flows so smoothly with the sun, but then there's the football which is just fit in without much rhyme or reason. Without any texture it doesn't really look like the dolphin is actually holding on to the ball.

Tf9TG.jpg

I think you did a great job with the professionalism of the artwork, but the logos just aren't for me. They scream clip-art and in my humble opinion, don't improve upon what the Dolphins use right now at all. One thing that I thought was neat though was how you incorporated the dorsal fin and tail into the sun.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would drop the football altogether. The dolphin needs more definition, for sure. Also, someting needs to go in the white space below the dolphin. Even a stylized "M" that fit into some of the other "sawblades" would fill the void.

Awesome start - I feel like right now this logo would work well if the Dolphins a part of an energy conservation program - but keep at it, no reason it can't become a primary.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• 2 months later...

Archived