2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Jets so something anything with their patchwork uniforms. Thanks to Reebok (and now Nike) mailing it in year after year with the Colts jersey template, what was once a great looking design, has now become the most butchered look in the league. The sleeves are a goddamn wreck!

011511_scott.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Seahawks throwback? That sounds more like a wish than anything. It would mean getting rid of the gray alternate.

I do know for a fact there is a Seahawk throwback coming, not sure if it is next year or 2014. They did not want to introduce it this year with the new uniforms but it was something the fans wanted very bad. My source is from inside the organization......

yea Seahawks throwback is on the horizon. Dolphins are making a logo tweak/change, uniforms might follow too. thats all i know of

From what I've heard up here, the Seahawks opted for the grey alternate and the throwback won't make an appearance for a few years (2015?). Didn't that new owner over in Cleveland say something about changing uniforms to make them marketable next season? I thought there was a thread on here about that.

yea Seahawks throwback is on the horizon. Dolphins are making a logo tweak/change, uniforms might follow too. thats all i know of

From what I've heard up here, the Seahawks opted for the grey alternate and the throwback won't make an appearance for a few years (2015?). Didn't that new owner over in Cleveland say something about changing uniforms to make them marketable next season? I thought there was a thread on here about that.

I think he said he was open for change. All the Browns need is to go back to the white facemask and bring back the orange pants. I'd be open for an actual primary logo as well, but keep it off the helmet.

70389454.png

For the Jaguars, I know 2013 was supposed to be the first year of making black the primary color. However, I'm unsure if there was also news of a new design or if it just means they are wearing the current/new black jerseys as the primary.

Also, there was a video of the Giants' equipment manager showcasing the new Nike equipment. There was a rendition of a uniform with a red jersey, and he said they were thinking of doing things for 2013, but that's all he was able to disclose. Like with the Jaguars, I don't know if they'll keep the current design and reintroduce the red alt, or if they'll change the whole design.

Β 

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

From the Jimmy Haslam press conference:

On whether he will make any other noticeable changes to the Cleveland Browns:

Haslam: "I think short term Tony (Grossi), no. We have 10 games left. We're not going to change anything now. I think we've been very public in Cleveland that we'll look at everything except the helmet. We're going to look at the uniforms, we're going to look at the stadium, but listen, it's all about putting a really good team on the field. If you have a really good team, I don't think people care too much about your uniforms. We do want to enhance the stadium and make a great experience for the fans. What that looks like, I don't know, I'm not a stadium guy. I do know we're going to look at it because it's all about the fans."

So no logo on the Browns helmet (sigh of relief)...I'm thinking we're going to see something modern but still traditional by way of uniforms. Really wish they'd bring back the white facemask. Only thing wrong with the helmet right now.

70389454.png

We're going to look at the uniforms, we're going to look at the stadium, but listen, it's all about putting a really good team on the field. If you have a really good team, I don't think people care too much about your uniforms. We do want to enhance the stadium and make a great experience for the fans. What that looks like, I don't know, I'm not a stadium guy. I do know we're going to look at it because it's all about the fans."

jlaw-okay.gif

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived