2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think the state of Florida could, but they have single handedly split the CCSLC in half with its "Is it a good or bad logo."

Jaguars, Lightning, Marlins! What's in the water down there?

And we could potentially add the Dolphins to that list pretty soon.

Matte helmet posted on twitter by @mikepeaden

qiRkWG6.jpg

Oversized logo: check. Overused matte trend: check.

I really hope this isn't the helmet.

Looks 'shopped to me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Overused? I don't think any NFL team has a matte helmet. Therefore it would be the opposite.

You don't suppose he's talking about the entire realm of football, do you?

The NFL is the NFL. Who cares what is popular or unpopular in college. If the Jags use a matte helmet in the NFL, then it's unique to the league and not overused.

Overused? I don't think any NFL team has a matte helmet. Therefore it would be the opposite.

The NFL is the NFL. Who cares what is popular or unpopular in college. If the Jags use a matte helmet in the NFL, then it's unique to the league and not overused.

Who isn't going to care? For those who are butthurt over college football Nike designs, you're going to have some leakage since Nike is outfitting the biggest football league in the world.

It is definitely an improvement over the old logo. It looks cleaner, smoother and less jaundiced than the old one. That being said, I am not really a fan of super detailed illustrative logos. I'm not sure I have ever seen a logo with as detailed shading as this. Looks more like an illustration than a logo.

The old logo always sucked though. The thing looked deformed. At least the new one has some shape to it.

Christmas morning as I checked my office email this morning, received the finalized changes for the Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Dolphins.

Let's just say, one modernization, one less caricature / more detailed, and one "Oh wow...really, that's horrible!?", and one "Ummm, what changed?"

As for the information I have, it's all visual, logos, not uniforms. I'm in the apparel industry, so I don't deal with anything uniform related.

I will offer this, as my design opinion, out of the four logos, one of them, the modernization, is a home run. The "Oh wow, what the hell?" is in the category of what the Panthers changes were. The logo is beautiful, but it's just so different from the previous one, and quite frankly, it looks like something other than what it's intended to look like.

One thing I will clarify, the "What changed?" one was the Buccaneers, so Bucs fans rest easy. I have to confirm that I just wasn't sent an old file, but I couldn't tell any changes.

http://www.purplejesusdiaries.com/2012-articles/november/new-uniforms-logos-for-vikings-in-2013.html

We got:

One Modernization

One Less Caricature/More Detailed

Oh wow... really that horrible

Barely Changed

my predictions

One Modernization: Vikes

One Less Caricature/More Detailed: Jags

Horrible: Us

Barely Changed: Bucs

Christmas morning as I checked my office email this morning, received the finalized changes for the Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Dolphins.

Let's just say, one modernization, one less caricature / more detailed, and one "Oh wow...really, that's horrible!?", and one "Ummm, what changed?"

As for the information I have, it's all visual, logos, not uniforms. I'm in the apparel industry, so I don't deal with anything uniform related.

I will offer this, as my design opinion, out of the four logos, one of them, the modernization, is a home run. The "Oh wow, what the hell?" is in the category of what the Panthers changes were. The logo is beautiful, but it's just so different from the previous one, and quite frankly, it looks like something other than what it's intended to look like.

One thing I will clarify, the "What changed?" one was the Buccaneers, so Bucs fans rest easy. I have to confirm that I just wasn't sent an old file, but I couldn't tell any changes.

http://www.purplejes...gs-in-2013.html

We got:

One Modernization

Barely Changed

my predictions

The Bucs are changing? I thought someone posted a link or something saying nothing is changing for the Bucs.

We got:

One Modernization

Barely Changed

my predictions

Ya, I am starting to get scared about the Dolphins logo. :(

I guess the one positive is that the Dolphins logo has ALWAYS sucked, so a new one that looks like ass is simply a lateral move. At the very least, it probably won't look like slow-witted cartoon character anymore.

Gothamite –

1. As in, whatever equity it has and that’s subjective. I’m not submitting the former logo for HOF status, but it’s been a serviceable NFL logo for nearly 20 years. That’s worth something…however little. My preference is always to retain the “Oh I know what THAT is” factor and give a logo a new coat of paint as opposed to starting from scratch. Particularly when there is no drastic change being made. You could even argue that IS what they tried to do here. Just wondering aloud if they could’ve would’ve should’ve played it XX% closer to the vest so that it’s obviously a Jags update. I’m basically cooking together my Verlander what if scenario.

1. Yep, I’m not done yet though. 20 minutes just seeing if the white accents and the new eye could be fairly seamlessly integrated on the old chassis and I think that’s an affirmative. Disagree?

OSV - I don’t know that it’s as though it CAN’T….as in ever……..be one in the same. Logo v Illustration. Most logos were illustrations back when. I don’t believe in hard and fast rules like that. I for one simply meant this logo is“more of ___, than____” in my eyes. I don’t want to veer off topic but it seems we’re all sometimes just playing a balancing act. We know inherently that simpler is better and less is more etc. And yet we all can’t use a simple silhouette or initials in an elipse…per say since there are so many teams in so many leagues and differentiation is the goal. And so that’s a constant push and pull and again, I think it’s subjective. It’s illustrative to ME….because they are using shadows, much narrower and varied and flowing inky line weights and you can see individual hairs emerging from the spotted pattern on the fur. But, If they want the hassle of reproducing that thing faithfully on a cigarette lighter more power to them. It’s odd, but it’s not a deal breaker.

Just for clarity sake, the only thing really ticking me off is the elongated head/distorted perspective. I’ll never be able to not see that now. That’s not subjective. Not as far as I’m concerned. It gives me vertigo. I want to reach toward my monitor and pull the top closer so it doesn’t tip over.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Yeah I am getting worrie

We got:

One Modernization

Barely Changed

my predictions

Ya, I am starting to get scared about the Dolphins logo. :(

I guess the one positive is that the Dolphins logo has ALWAYS sucked, so a new one that looks like ass is simply a lateral move. At the very least, it probably won't look like slow-witted cartoon character anymore.

Yeah I am getting worried too... It could be that the logo he saw was the leaked one and they saw the reaction and decide to change it? who knows

rereading this

the "oh wow, what the hell?" could be the Jags. He says its in the category of the Panthers changes, which makes sense. So maybe the dolphins are the one less caricature / more detailed or modernization one.

Who isn't going to care? For those who are butthurt over college football Nike designs, you're going to have some leakage since Nike is outfitting the biggest football league in the world.

This. Nike's reputation proceeds them. When we first heard that they were getting the NFL contract there were those among us who were afraid they would try to do in the NFL what they've done in NCAA football. You can't fault these people for pointing out the obvious when Nike, lo and behold, does to a NFL team what they've been doing to NCAA teams.

Archived