2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took them 15 seasons, but we finally saw them wear the blue over white. I think it was a really good look. However, I still think I would prefer them wearing navy jersey with white pants as the primary home uniform. Either way, this game showed the Titans that they could actually look like a professional football franchise at home. Please don't ever wear the navy or Columbia pants at home again.

As for the logo, I don't like it, but I'm fine with it. The only change needed to the helmet is to have striping which matches the white pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It took them 15 seasons, but we finally saw them wear the blue over white. I think it was a really good look. However, I still think I would prefer them wearing navy jersey with white pants as the primary home uniform. Either way, this game showed the Titans that they could actually look like a professional football franchise at home. Please don't ever wear the navy or Columbia pants at home again.

As for the logo, I don't like it, but I'm fine with it. The only change needed to the helmet is to have striping which matches the white pants.

I hope they do continue with to wear Columbia or Navy pants at home because it bothers you.

Absolutely. And did anybody else thing the light blue TV numbers stood out as an even bigger problem when matched with white pants?

The Titans' steps to having a uniform that works...

1. Always wear white pants at home, always light blue pants with the white jersey.

2. Match the helmet stripe to the pants stripe (not vice versa).

3. Change the TV numbers to white w/ blue trim.

4. Burn the navy pants.

I hope they do continue with to wear Columbia or Navy pants at home because it bothers you.

Coolstorybro.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Any of the Titans sets with white pants work for me.

I've never considered dark pants with a white helmet aesthetically pleasing. I can't really think of an exception either, for any team.

I can tolerate some (Jets, for example, and this titans set), but I actually prefer mono-white sets (over white helmet and jersey with dark pants.)

Unpopular opinion?

I really like this Titans set, but my favorite would probably still have to be this.

Can anybody find a picture of them wearing the light blue tops with white pants?

EDIT: Obviously I had a mental lapse... We are discussing the light blue tops with white pants... I asked for a pic, even though there's a pic less than 10 posts above mine.

Whoops... haha

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

In a weird uniform twist, I actually agree with LO and not you. I love the balance between the columbia jersey and light blue pants. The white pants leave the columbia a bit short in my opinion.

I agree with you though that the Titans helmet would be WAY better with the stripping matching the white pants (regardless of what pants they wear). And I honestly think this is the worst logo in the league. Why is there fire coming of of the circle? Why? I'd rather they use the sword/T logo from the sleeve.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Titans' white over white never worked because the yoke doesn't have the navy blue stripes that the pants have so the whole look is mismatched.

Here's how I'd rank the Titans combinations:

jersey color - pants color

1. light blue - white

2. white - light blue

3. navy - white

4. white - navy

5. navy - navy

6. navy - light blue

7. white - white

8. light blue - navy

9. light blue - light blue

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wish the Titans would revert back to The Oilers' uniforms of the 90's with an updated Titans' logo ... deemphasize navy and reintroduce red into the scheme.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I wish the Titans would revert back to The Oilers' uniforms of the 90's with an updated Titans' logo ... deemphasize navy and reintroduce red into the scheme.

Completely agree. The Oilers look is one I didn't fully appreciate until it was gone.

Completely agree. The Oilers look is one I didn't fully appreciate until it was gone.
Add me to this list. The Titans are the Oilers and shouldn't run from it. Keep the name, of course, but bring in some Oilers elements. Simplify or change the logo, use a number font similar to that the early 1960s Oilers, and use more red (equal to or more prominent than navy).

In other words, something along the lines of ColeJ's concept but with more red (if possible):

62302_10151727655001480_1169998220_n.jpg

Thread here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94039-madden-08-pc-concepts-titans-finished/?fromsearch=1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived