2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I love the Bucs' look in a vacuum. I can't unsee the 49ers similarities though.

I have never see any similarities between these teams. The only thing I can honestly say it that the Bucs have the better look of the two and the best in the NFL.

spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't there a stadium (Georgia Dome or Superdome, maybe?) that has all different colored seats? The thought there being that if there are empty seats you won't be able to tell since they won't all be the same color.

When I toured the SuperDome many years ago, the seats were multicolored, and our tour guide said it made empty seats less noticeable on TV.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Isn't there a stadium (Georgia Dome or Superdome, maybe?) that has all different colored seats? The thought there being that if there are empty seats you won't be able to tell since they won't all be the same color.

When I toured the SuperDome many years ago, the seats were multicolored, and our tour guide said it made empty seats less noticeable on TV.

I think the renovations to the dome prior to the 2011 season got rid of the multicolored seats at least in the lower level.

Looking over some of the comments about the Buccaneer uniforms. It would be a great shame if the Glazers let them nike them up. But what if they were to just change the base orange in the numbers on the primary and away jersey from Generic orange to creamcisle orange and do the same in the trim on the pants.

Then do a 3rd jersey based off the current away uniform set that is creamcisle and just wear the white pants with them.

Thoughts ???

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I think the Bucs' colors will stick, but I could see them updating the text mark:

1043.gif

It looks piratey I suppose but isn't terrbily legible at small sizes, has an awkward 'sheen', and looks a bit dated. Plus, what's up with that A going behind the N?

See: Detroit, 2008 and Carolina, 2011

Both went from more busy, themed text to simple flat colors in a more legible font.

Could this be an alternative? They are using this font everywhere:

headerD3.jpg

Also on the website:

gbl-logo.png

Buccaneers.com has a habit of changing up seemingly their entire visual identity from year to year. That said, that italicized block text HAS been everywhere—signage in the stadium, promotional materials, the team's Facebook stuff. I don't know if it's just a one-year marketing campaign type thing or if the braintrust has bigger plans for that. I personally prefer the Totally Gothic as the official logotype font, but being that that's also not the most legible font in the world either (at least in blocks of text), this new block font they're using is a sharp secondary font to use.

(And before anyone thinks it up, NO they should not use that as the basis for a new jersey number font. Absolutely NOT.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Cincinnati also has green seats at Paul Brown.

The Bucs have the best helmet in football, and any talk of change worries me.

I think their current set is a close to perfect mix of modern and traditional, "new" Bucs and "old" Bucs.

Change for the sake of change never turns out well.

Couldnt have said it better myself Shoop.

I agree with this as well. They did "charger" it up without "chargering" it up. They kept orange in the current set by using it as the football on the helmet, trim on the stripes on the pants, and trim on the numbers. They didn't force a multitude of colors like the Chargers did with their update.

Their unis could use slight tweeks like maybe adding a red outline around the pirate ships/wordmark on the white jersey (getting rid of nike's toilet seat collar). Their set is beautiful. Best in the NFL IMO. Going toward the throwbacks (or mixing the colors in a new current design) wouldn't work as they've moved away from that identity and it's a treat to have a game like last weekend. The only other complaint I have (but will never change) is that they wear white way too much.

^ What he they said. (And yeah...they do wear both the white jerseys and pants way too much.)

Now let me explain something to y'all about how alternates are supposed to work: the allure of a successful alternate is that a/ it really is truly an alternate look from a team's usual primary look and b/ it is (here's the key) RARELY SEEN. Once that starts getting overexposed, it loses its luster, and people might just start pining for a previous look—see the Tennessee Titans for a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Soon as they unveiled that baby-blue alt, people started pining for it to become the primary. Well, they did it—and now look what's done happened...people are wanting the navy jerseys to become the primary again. (Let that also serve as a lesson to you folks in the Carolinas and especially out in San Diego.)

In Tampa's case, they now have two truly distinct looks, both of which were and are the most disctinctive in all of football. With the creamsicles, they had a truly unappreciated uniform from the past to draw from, one that many of you younger posters probably weren't even alive to see (and I'm still having to wrap my head around the fact that some of y'all high schoolers were born in 1996—I was just starting high school then). As for everyone else, they now see what Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, and Mike Alstott saw way back since at least 2002: how successful a creamsicle alternate would work. They just never could convince Old Man Glazer to pull the trigger on that back then—and bear in mind he HATED those uniforms, especially considering the past futility attached to them, so much so that one of the first things on his agenda once he bought the team was to change everything about its identity, henceforth, what we have now. Somehow or other he was finally convinced to greenlight the throwback alts for the Buccaneers' 35th anny three years ago...and now, here we are.

So all that said....I don't see the creamsicle look coming back as the primary, nor should it (and this is coming from someone who bleeds creamsicle orange). That age of Buccaneer history is long over...it's great that I—um, we—get to relive the old days once per year, but that's all it should be. What the Buccaneers have now, uniform wise, might well be a distinctive modern classic.

As a Titans fan (though I live in Kansas), I never wanted the light blue top to exist, much less become the primary. I don't like the light blue pants and loathe the light blue jersey. And I can't remember the last time they wore the navy blue jersey.

As a Titans fan (though I live in Kansas), I never wanted the light blue top to exist, much less become the primary. I don't like the light blue pants and loathe the light blue jersey. And I can't remember the last time they wore the navy blue jersey.

Just off the top of my head, I wanna say that it was preseaon, Chris Johnson's rookie year. That may be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

In my opinion...the Eagles need to make a switch back to Kelly Green immediately...

-Switch the primary color to Kelly Green

-Wear Silver pants for home and away (same stripe combo replacing gray with white and midnight with Kelly)

-Kelly Green socks with black bottom line (ala Detroit Lions)

-Replace current wordmark with modern colored 80's wordmark

-Change primary logo to current eagle head on a modern eagle body (ala 90's logo)

-Retain number font on uni's

-Facemask switch from black to silver

PERFECTION. And if there is really going to be a regime change, this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

I'll be that guy: I actually like and prefer the Eagles' midnight green. I really don't even mind the usage of black trim...their entire problem comes from also using charcoal rather than real silver. They concentrate on midnight green and silver (mainly the pants), they'll be alright.

If anything, it's the JETS who need to re-embrace and take ownage of the kelly green.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll be that guy: I actually like and prefer the Eagles' midnight green. I really don't even mind the usage of black trim...their entire problem comes from also using charcoal rather than real silver. They concentrate on midnight green and silver (mainly the pants), they'll be alright.

If anything, it's the JETS who need to re-embrace and take ownage of the kelly green.

IMO, nothing could be further from the truth. Midnight green is terrible. The entire fan base despises it. I do agree though that the black trim doesnt really bother me. I think if you were to simply change midnight green to kelly green with this current set, they would have the best modern look in the NFL.

IMO, nothing could be further from the truth. Midnight green is terrible. The entire fan base despises it. I do agree though that the black trim doesnt really bother me. I think if you were to simply change midnight green to kelly green with this current set, they would have the best modern look in the NFL.

Honestly, I like Midnight Green and think it'd be cool for the three green teams (Packers, Eagles and Jets) to all have a different shade.

BOOM.

The Eagles would look top 5 if they simply wore silver pants and used silver instead of charcoal. The obligatory photos that prove what I'm saying...

Desean-Jackson.pngeaglesaway.png

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

BOOM.

The Eagles would look top 5 if they simply wore silver pants and used silver instead of charcoal. The obligatory photos that prove what I'm saying...

Agreed!

Buccaneers.com has a habit of changing up seemingly their entire visual identity from year to year. That said, that italicized block text HAS been everywhere—signage in the stadium, promotional materials, the team's Facebook stuff. I don't know if it's just a one-year marketing campaign type thing or if the braintrust has bigger plans for that. I personally prefer the Totally Gothic as the official logotype font, but being that that's also not the most legible font in the world either (at least in blocks of text), this new block font they're using is a sharp secondary font to use.

(And before anyone thinks it up, NO they should not use that as the basis for a new jersey number font. Absolutely NOT.)

yea it wouldnt be wise to use that word mark's font on everything they did. the block is just an alternate. i know that creative department has gone through a lot of changes the last couple of years, there might just be 1 or 2 guys there now. but for a team who does go through some dramatic marketing changes yearly, dont get too attached to anything you see now. i dont think theres any solid long term plans for anything. just wait and see what they do next year. might be some new blood in there

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd tend to agree that kelly would look better, but would love to hear why you think "the entire fan base despises" the forest green.

Maybe I should have phrased it better than saying the entire fan base. That being said, I live in Philly and the topic does come up often when discussing the team with family, friends, season ticket holders, etc who are die hard Birds fans. Most of the time, people bitch about the Midnight Green and how it's basically one of Lurie's knucklehead decisions since taking over as owner back in the 90's. I bet if you were to poll 100 Eagles fans in Philadelphia today asking whether or not go to back to Kelly Green full time, 90+ would say make the switch.

BOOM.

Desean-Jackson.pngeaglesaway.png

I have to agree that a subtle change to silver pants would be a major upgrade to the current set.

The only problem i see with Eagles in silver pants is the fact that it would make three teams in that division alone with gray/silver pants.

But, i think they all have different enough looks to avoid any problems. I'd actually be all for it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived