2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

More importantly, why are the Jaguars hopping on a bad NFL uniform trend from 1997?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jags uniform leaked?https://twitter.com/C_Mitchko/status/313886550532427776/photo/1Sorry, don't know how to post pics.

BFsmJ5iCEAA6d1h.jpg

Why is the head on the logo facing the wrong way?

http://www.sportslog.../Alternate_Logo

Probably has to do with the placement on the left shoulder; need to have the head facing towards the middle of the jersey rather than away.

The Cardinals have a similar requirement for merchandise - the head needs to be reversed when placed on the left side of a shirt.

Strangely, the Jags shield has a requirement to NOT be allowed for use in the UK.

Strangely, the Jags shield has a requirement to NOT be allowed for use in the UK.

"Jag," in the UK, is slang for a period of extended alcohol consumption or drug use.

Not acually slang and not limited to the UK:

jag

noun

1.a period of unrestrained indulgence in an activity; spree; binge: a crying jag; a talking jag.

2.a state of intoxication from liquor.

3.Northern, North Midland, and Western U.S. a load, as of hay or wood.

You'd think they'd consider stuff like that...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Why is the shield collapsing in the middle from the weight of the wordmark?

The numbers look good if that is the real Jag uniform the sheild looks dumb placed there should be in the middle of the Jersey to look the best.

I would not be suprised if the helmet is not anthracite (same color as the stripes) to go along with the pants.

"Jag," in the UK, is slang for a period of extended alcohol consumption or drug use.

First I have ever heard of that :wacko:. The word "binge" would seem to be a more commonly used term for that definition. I am probably wrong though.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Dolphins fixed everything wrong with "leaked one" navy placement was horrible, realized it should be used for shading and it looks 100x better for it. The eye was needed, and the shape of the flippers look better. overall a upgrade for miami!

The pictures aren't showing up for me so I'm going to repost.

screen_shot_2013-03-19_at_9.24.00_am.0_standard_709.0.png

Notes: that is grey on the sleeve/shoulders. You can see the teal in the number outline.

Could the gold stripe thing be a part of the flywire? Can Nike make designs on the flywire like that? If so, that would be a pretty neat way to keep it from looking like a toilet seat.

Dolphins fixed everything wrong with "leaked one" navy placement was horrible, realized it should be used for shading and it looks 100x better for it. The eye was needed, and the shape of the flippers look better. overall a upgrade for miami!

Well to be fair, the computer image that was widely circulated was made on this board. What was leaked was a photo of a piece of paper with the logo printed on it, which was low quality and had a spot, which people debated was the eye. This photo could be 100% what was on the image that was actually leaked.

EDIT - Never mind, the spot that was the "Eye" is navy, not white. There were changes made. I apologize, and I recognize my idiocy.

The pictures aren't showing up for me so I'm going to repost.

screen_shot_2013-03-19_at_9.24.00_am.0_standard_709.0.png

Notes: that is grey on the sleeve/shoulders. You can see the teal in the number outline.

Could the gold stripe thing be a part of the flywire? Can Nike make designs on the flywire like that? If so, that would be a pretty neat way to keep it from looking like a toilet seat.

The reason it may not have the flywire collar could be because it is the nike "game" uniform not the "limited" or "elite" versions.

First I have ever heard of that :wacko:. The word "binge" would seem to be a more commonly used term for that definition. I am probably wrong though.

This was the first I've heard of it as a slang for anything, really. When I saw that CWx said the "JAGS" logo wasn't allowed in the UK I figured it might be slang related (that sort of thing has happened before), and I came across this...

http://www.english-slang.com/eng/British/British-J/jag

Though this might indicate it's more of a Scottish thing then an English thing....

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/j.htm

Archived