2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Jags uniform leaked?https://twitter.com/C_Mitchko/status/313886550532427776/photo/1Sorry, don't know how to post pics.

BFsmJ5iCEAA6d1h.jpg

I had a feeling that, as soon as the new shield logo was leaked, that the Jaguars were going to militaristic-themed uniforms. The San Diego Padres of the NFL?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im liking the Jags jerseys just want to know whats going on with the grey before I say I love them.

To me it's not more of being grey but pattern/technology on the shoulders. The way the light hits it makes it look grey but it's really just like flywire looking a different color from certain light angles. But this is also not an authentic jersey so whatever material they're using to replicate this material/feature will look more grey. Just my opinion.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Alright, officially confused.

"Talked with someone who legitimately has seen the Dolphins' new logo, and they say it's awful. Incorporates Marlins' garish new colors."

From @HubbuchNYPP

Sounds like bull :censored: to me. The Dolphins just don't want to admit that their new logo leaked again.

I hope so. The leaked logo looks really good.

"Talked with someone who legitimately has seen the Dolphins' new logo, and they say it's awful. Incorporates Marlins' garish new colors."

From @HubbuchNYPP

I think that's someone trying to throw the leaks off. The fan base would be irate.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That's definitely got to be the new Dolphins logo. The owner just doesn't want to admit that it actually got out before the unveiling. I really like it on its own. If the Dolphins didn't have such a history with their old logo that I'm disappointed to see something as recognizable as the helmet go. I'll get used to the new logo soon enough and at least it looks good.

After seeing the Jags leak, I'm scared to see the entire uniform. The gray striping on the shoulders reminds me a lot of Mizzou's football uniforms. The chest patch is the worst thing, though. It's interrupting the stripes on the shoulder which should never happen. It looks bad but is tolerable when it happens because of an anniversary patch or something, but a permanent patch should never do that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From @HubbuchNYPP

Sounds like bull :censored: to me. The Dolphins just don't want to admit that their new logo leaked again.

I hope so. The leaked logo looks really good.

Looks even better on a helmet.

I don't get the hate for it, to be honest.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Im liking the Jags jerseys just want to know whats going on with the grey before I say I love them.

To me it's not more of being grey but pattern/technology on the shoulders. The way the light hits it makes it look grey but it's really just like flywire looking a different color from certain light angles. But this is also not an authentic jersey so whatever material they're using to replicate this material/feature will look more grey. Just my opinion.

You know, you might be right. Look at the top left of the collar near the gold spike. The gray matches the color on the shoulder because of the lighting.

You know, you might be right. Look at the top left of the collar near the gold spike. The gray matches the color on the shoulder because of the lighting.

Why would they try to replicate the shoulder material but not the flywire on this replica jersey? Also why are there different stripes in the shoulder material? I hope you are right but it looks like stripes in the pic to me.

They didn't replicate flywire on any of the replica jerseys last year. It's not new

As for the gray, I just think it's a poor replication of what the new authentics will look like. I think it's probably some kind of reflective chrome or something and you can't really duplicate that on a replica.

Go A's!

I wonder since he only posted the Jags and dolphins leak, if the vikes are getting new jerseys

I would think soon, but not this season.

The best evidence that they're making some sort of change this year is the Greg Jennings jersey Facebook post. If they were sticking with the current look, Jennings jerseys would already be in stores / available online, like they are for other free agents (http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20253636&origkw=harvin&sr=1&kw=harvin&parentPage=search)

The fact that it won't ship until April further suggests this. Of course I could be wrong but...signs point to an update.

I'm trying to picture that Jags uniform in full, just based on what we've seen, and I think it has potential if they avoid monochrome. That jersey, with a black helmet and white pants? It could be a clean yet modern look (even if still think the logo's a downgrade).

The thing that bugs me, however, is the shield. Not only does it use an abbreviated version of the team name (which I find to be minor league looking) but it's also clearly supposed to mimic the US Army badge. The whole "football is war" thing needed to die ten years ago, and shame on the Jaguars for perpetuating it.

I was worried the Jaguars were going to wear gold numbers with a teal outline, which has looked so ugly in every concept I've seen. If they're going to wear black jerseys, at least they got the numbers right.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The thing that bugs me, however, is the shield. Not only does it use an abbreviated version of the team name (which I find to be minor league looking) but it's also clearly supposed to mimic the US Army badge. The whole "football is war" thing needed to die ten years ago, and shame on the Jaguars for perpetuating it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but where is the line for military iconography? Are swords too violent? Should we not use the term "blitz?"

I think that a well executed military theme could be done, particularly when tethered to an area with some legitimate ties to a service. To me, that is the difference between using thematic elements and toeing the line of pandering.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

I know I'm in time out right now or whatever, but I am telling you right now, these are not legit. Jags uni has same font as Chargers... nobody else notice that? As for MIami, you all will be wishing it was that conservative...

I swear to God if time does not prove what I have said correct, I'll delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

I know I'm in time out right now or whatever, but I am telling you right now, these are not legit. Jags uni has same font as Chargers... nobody else notice that?

That is definitely not the same font as the Chargers. The Chargers' numbers are thinner and the top of the 1 looks different than the font on that Jaguars jersey.

dMdE48P.png

You have absolutely ZERO credibility.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I know I'm in time out right now or whatever, but I am telling you right now, these are not legit. Jags uni has same font as Chargers... nobody else notice that? As for MIami, you all will be wishing it was that conservative...

I swear to God if time does not prove what I have said correct, I'll delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

chargers numbers arent the same-

p3627649dt.jpg

Lol. It's not the same font as the Chargers... It's the same # font that has been used all over Jaguars.com, so if you're saying this isn't the Jaguars font, you're clearly 100% wrong.

Are you suggesting this is a photoshop? That this guy photoshopped bad quality pictures to leak? Cmon.

Archived