2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge Dolphins fan here and I have updates.

The team hosts a "Web Weekend" where fans who run top Dolphins related sites get invited to the team faciliteis to hang out with people in the organization and see the locker room and all that fun stuff. I wasn't involved in this but I follow people on Twitter who were, and they talked to Dolphins CEO Mike Dee about the rumors of the logo change and here's what's happening...

1. The logo is changing officially. No more rumors. It's happening.

2. It's not going to be a major change at all. Colors staying the same, thankfully.

3. It's going to be a mix of the retro logo with a modern look.

4. Navy WILL still be part of it.

So there you have it. Apparently Dan Marino, Bob Griese and a few others saw the logo and they all loved it. As a die-hard Dolphins fan, as long as the colors and the basic design stay as they always have, then I'll be happy. And it looks like that it will indeed be like it's always been.

Sounds like another "Barely worth the bother" logo redo, like the Cardinals and Panthers. Have a little fun, NFL Properties.

Panthers logo I agree with you but the Cardinals was a MAJOR upgrade. The only problem is that the Dolphins logo already is all prettied since 1997. I don't really know what they would do in the same mold as the Panthers, Cardinals, Lions, Falcons, or Sweahawks as they are one of those teams already.

It must be something a little different than just an update. But the navy is very disappointing. It makes their set 10000x worse.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

What exactly about the new Panthers logo is a downgrade from the previous one? I love that it doesn't have a keyline against a light background, that alone is an upgrade.

I just do not think it pops out now anymore on any of their uniforms like the previous one.

I like the keyline myself which helped it pop on darker colors. While I thought the other one could use a tweak I just don't like some of the design elements they used just not my style.

Therefore it is downgrade IMHO because I really don't see the logo anymore.

Its like all those calling for black helmets that thing will look awful on black helmets because most people will not be able to recognize the logo at all then.

Panthers didn't need a new logo or these gimmick black pants either.

"Gimmick" pants? Huh???

The black pants FINALLY introduced last weekend, are the best part of the Panthers set. And will look even better when worn with the white jersey's.

Kudos to Carolina for finally doing something to liven up their tired look. Others should take notice.

The Panthers logo needs a white outline on the helmet. Professional teams use details like that that separate their helmets from cheap and sloppy helmets worn at lower levels. Imagine if the Patriots or the Raiders didn't have a white outline on their helmet logos. They'd look just as bad as the Panthers new logo on the silver helmets.

Why they made the brand-book decision not to use an outline on their logo anywhere it's applied makes no sense to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Panthers logo needs a white outline on the helmet. Professional teams use details like that that separate their helmets from cheap and sloppy helmets worn at lower levels. Imagine if the Patriots or the Raiders didn't have a white outline on their helmet logos. They'd look just as bad as the Panthers new logo on the silver helmets.

Why they made the brand-book decision not to use an outline on their logo anywhere it's applied makes no sense to me.

I agree I think I would like it then

The Panthers didn't downgrade, or upgrade. They took a sideways step, really.

Very true. I really do like the way the new logo looks on a black surface and I think any sort of an outline around the logo would ruin it. I'm also a huge fan of these black pants. It just fits them more than any other team.

While it's tempting to say that the Bills and Jaguars aren't professional teams, they manage to get by without keylines. As do the Jets, Packers, Colts, Broncos and Dolphins. The Bengals and Rams have non-traditional logo applications, but they don't need to separate their design elements with a keyline either.

That's nearly a third of the league not using a keyline around their logo. Kind of shoots a hole in your assertion of what's a professional detail and what isn't.

While it's tempting to say that the Bills and Jaguars aren't professional teams, they manage to get by without keylines. As do the Jets, Packers, Colts, Broncos and Dolphins. The Bengals and Rams have non-traditional logo applications, but they don't need to separate their design elements with a keyline either.

That's nearly a third of the league not using a keyline around their logo. Kind of shoots a hole in your assertion of what's a professional detail and what isn't.

EDIT: Removed at poster's request.

That would be a very defensible position. It is not, however, what he said. This is what I was responding to:

(Emphasis mine, natch.)

To which I replied that a keyline on a helmet logo is not and has never been any standard of professionalism. Nearly a third of the league doesn't bother to use one, why should the Panthers?

That would be a very defensible position. It is not, however, what he said. This is what I was responding to:

(Emphasis mine, natch.)

To which I replied that a keyline on a helmet logo is not and has never been any standard of professionalism. Nearly a third of the league doesn't bother to use one, why should the Panthers?

Maybe it was not worded the best but the logo does need a keyline so you can actually see it better.

The other logos you have mentioned have no need for a keyline on the helmet but the panthers do IMO.

I think the big reason for that is the colts, jets, & dolphins have a white helmet so they don't need one.

The Jags has a keyline of black & Broncos is blue so they match their helmets & have enough color contrast to pull it off.

If I owned a team, I'd ask the players what they wanted in a uniform, then do the exact opposite.

We do not agree on a lot of things, but I really love this statement. You should put that in your signature because it fits you so well...and that is a compliment.

spacer.png

Archived