2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the violent world of football, goofy is out of place. Save it for the kids club.

Didn't your team, for years, put a Santa hat on the team logo at midfield every December?

Yes they did, and it was awesome.

That was my point. It was goofy but cool. We could stand to have more of that, especially in the NFL.

The new Dolphins logo looks great - for a travel agency...or a marker sign at a water park...or cruise catalog. Another classic look ruined. Nice work, Miami.

A classic? LOL. I am a Dolphins fan, and that logo needed to go... It looks like a rejected Disney cartoon, not a logo. The "classic" Dolphins logo was ruined in 1996. This is a vast improvement.

The new Dolphins logo looks great - for a travel agency...or a marker sign at a water park...or cruise catalog. Another classic look ruined. Nice work, Miami.

A classic? LOL. I am a Dolphins fan, and that logo needed to go... It looks like a rejected Disney cartoon, not a logo. The "classic" Dolphins logo was ruined in 1996. This is a vast improvement.

So you actually laughed out loud after reading my post? Anyway, I'm not saying the latest version of what is now the old logo, I guess, was the best. If I had my way, the Dolphins would do an update based their '72 uniforms. Clean up the old '72 logo a little bit and call it a day. But hey, if you like flying Dolphins Air, more power to you.

BB52Big.jpg

The current logo is great and I really like it from an historical standpoint, but it is a bit goofy.

Serious question: Why is goofy bad?

This isn't in response to your post, it's just a general observation - It seems that these days the prevailing "wisdom" is that every logo should look "fierce" etc. I think that's goofy. We get that the players aren't really Jaguars or Bears, etc., right?

Well duh, but it is a representation of the team. In the violent world of football, goofy is out of place. Save it for the kids club.

Well argued.

BB52Big.jpg

Although I wouldn't say "ruined", yeah, people seem to forget that this CURRENT Dolphins logo isn't even close to the original.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Bush league and hokey. All that glitters isn't gold for the Jags.

Who cares if it's hokey? It's funny as hell, and it's kind of cool. You want a team to take itself seriously, but at the end of the day, it's a game. They play to entertain those watching - and to me, that hat is entertaining.

Bush league and hokey. All that glitters isn't gold for the Jags.

Who cares if it's hokey? It's funny as hell, and it's kind of cool. You want a team to take itself seriously, but at the end of the day, it's a game. They play to entertain those watching - and to me, that hat is entertaining.

Not like I protest outside the stadium about it. Sheesh.

I really don't mind the new dolphin, the changes from the leak have certainly made it better. Where this new logo is losing me is the sun. The way the rays meet is really choppy, making me miss the fluid curves of the old logo. And it feels very thin because the inner white circle comes too close to the outside edge.

If they really wanted to add the extra rays to the sun, then this is more of what I would have liked to have seen (ignore the Dolphin, I'm just trying to prove a point with the sun). The sun is a lot thicker, and still somewhat resembles the curves that were in the previous.

Website%20Presentation%20New.png

To be fair, there's a big difference between the Jaguars painting a Santa hat on their field for one game out of the year and the Dolphins wearing a corny, unprofessional logo on their uniforms every game.

Unprofessional? Like the term "clown suit" you've misused a popular term.

I really don't mind the new dolphin, the changes from the leak have certainly made it better. Where this new logo is losing me is the sun. The way the rays meet is really choppy, making me miss the fluid curves of the old logo. And it feels very thin because the inner white circle comes too close to the outside edge.

If they really wanted to add the extra rays to the sun, then this is more of what I would have liked to have seen (ignore the Dolphin, I'm just trying to prove a point with the sun). The sun is a lot thicker, and still somewhat resembles the curves that were in the previous.

Website%20Presentation%20New.png

No.

That is horrid.

The new one isn't bad, but it's really just unnecessary.

I consider it a downgrade for four main reasons.

1. It's too static. It's like the dolphin is in mid swim - a casual stroll, if you will. The other one was more dynamic, showing the dolphin's athletic ability (sorta kinda.)

2. The sun in the new one is overdone.

3. The dolphin should always be wearing his helmet, because of just because. It's just one of those cool cutsie things.

4. How can it just be swimming in front of the sun? Wouldn't it have to leap out of the water for it to ever be seen in front of it? The components of a logo don't always have to go together so literally, but in this case I'd say they do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived