2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, if the dolphin is truly going to be without a helmet, there is a much greater risk of concussions..

Well done. Maybe the reason they made the original logo more vertical was that they didn't want him leading with his helmet. He was getting penalized for "delivering a blow" to those seals on the other team.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Don't forget that the Dolphins have used a version of this logo with the dolphin jumping through the ring:

dolphins.jpg

I forgot about that pic. It's an interesting contradiction to say the least if the logo is supposed to be the sun. Some might say this photo is game, set and match for the fiery ring crowd and it would be hard to argue, wouldn't it?

I'm guessing the explanation is something simple, like the company they ordered the glass table from screwed up and put the sun in front of the tail. I think that's the most likely explanation since this version of the logo has never been seen anywehere else.

Having seen similar happenings in the corporate world, what generally follows is the Dolphins send the glass back and say, "Get it right." I can't imagine them accepting a blatant misrepresentation of their logo. It is a strange deal though being an apparent one-off.

Or what also happens, the person that placed the order doesn't know any better and by the time anyone notices its too late.

Or someone did notice and just didn't care cause it'd take an extra week to get a replacement.

Source: The huge wealth of correspondence that goes out of many Fortune 500 companies that looks like utter ass.

NFL Logos that I truly find "Iconic".

- Bears Wishbone 'C'

- Cowboys star

- Packers 'G'

- Raiders shield

- Pittsburgh's "Steelmark"

- Colts horseshoe

- Chiefs arrowhead

- Redskins profile (even if it is controversial)

Logos that are very recognizable but not iconic / logos that are a toss-up, should or shouldn't last very long.

- Cardinals profile

- Detroit's leaping Lion (may be iconic if they didn't change it, even though I personally like the change myself)

- Both New York logos (only because they had millions of different logos before basically reviving their older ones in the late 90's)

- 49ers interlocking 'SF'

- Eagles profile

- Saints fleur-de-lis

- Bills charging bison

- Bucs pirate flag

- Rams profile

- Broncos robo-bronco

- Chargers arching bolt

- Texans bull head (instant classic)

- the 'F' Falcon

- Patriots "Flying Elvis"

- Seahawks profile

- Vikings Profile

As for the Panthers, Jaguars, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, and Titans.... they could change tomorrow and most likely, it would be a welcomed change.

The point of this was my perspective of the Dolphins logo. I'd say it's right there in that middle category. Recognizable, yes. Iconic? I wouldn't say so. 1., because it has been changed a few times before and, 2., if Miami kept the original logo from the 70's, I'm sure most people would just say it would be too "outdated" for this century. Didn't really have the same timeless design.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

- Bears Wishbone 'C'

- Cowboys star

- Packers 'G'

- Raiders shield

- Colts horseshoe

- Chiefs arrowhead

That's just pretentious.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As for the Panthers, Jaguars, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, and Titans.... they could change tomorrow and most likely, it would be a welcomed change.

Yeahhhh, I'd say the majority of Cleveland fans would not welcome a change to the Browns logoless helmet. If you're talking just changing the primary to something else, but keeping it off the helmet, I think some wouldn't mind as much.

70389454.png

How would you define "iconic" and how is the 49ers "SF" logo not? They tried to change it in the 90's and there was so much outcry they went back to it and then just updated it a bit. They have had it since the 60's so when you see it, there is no dought you think of the 49ers. So I would say that is "iconic". But I guess I'm biased and maybe that is just me.

For reference, this is the "one day" logo they wanted to change it to. What were they thinking?!?!?!?

5466586739_2794fcc0f4_m.jpg

The Bengals don't make either the iconic or recognizable lists?

Really? [/TheMiz]

REALLY.

403.gif

Had they kept this as the primary, you better believe I'd have it higher.

377.gif

Ahhh....see, I thought you were talking about helmet designs, not logos.

- Bears Wishbone 'C'

- Cowboys star

- Packers 'G'

- Raiders shield

- Colts horseshoe

- Chiefs arrowhead

That's just pretentious.

How is the Chargers' bolt not iconic?

Yeahhhh, I'd say the majority of Cleveland fans would not welcome a change to the Browns logoless helmet. If you're talking just changing the primary to something else, but keeping it off the helmet, I think some wouldn't mind as much.

How would you define "iconic" and how is the 49ers "SF" logo not? They tried to change it in the 90's and there was so much outcry they went back to it and then just updated it a bit. They have had it since the 60's so when you see it, there is no dought you think of the 49ers. So I would say that is "iconic". But I guess I'm biased and maybe that is just me.

For reference, this is the "one day" logo they wanted to change it to. What were they thinking?!?!?!?

5466586739_2794fcc0f4_m.jpg

Yeah, I thought this would happen, so maybe I should have made it clear that this was MY opinion. Also, the point was really about the Dolphins logo. I've seen people here say it was "iconic", and really didn't get that. Is it the current Dolphins logo that's iconic? Is it the 70's logo? Just the idea of a dolphin jumping into the sun?

Either way, I just didn't see it that way and didn't really mind the change.

P.S., my idea of an iconic logo is something that ANYONE can point to and know where it's from and has for the most part been relatively untouched for decades.

P.P.S., NO I'm not talking about putting something on the Browns helmet. I'd like that, but that's not what I'm talking about. Having a helmet as your primary logo just seems unappealing to me.

P.P.P.S., Lights Out.... again, MY opinion.... but then again, yeah I could see how it would be.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

So has anyone made up a concept/mockup with the new stuff we have seen so far?

new-dolphins-helmet-2013.jpg

590x590xBFuTQ5iCYAMCxQ8-590x590.png.pagespeed.ic.atmvvWePZM.png

That helmet would be an epic fail on Nike part, but then again don't we expect from them on a day-to-day basis?

spacer.png

- Bears Wishbone 'C'

- Cowboys star

- Packers 'G'

- Raiders shield

- Colts horseshoe

- Chiefs arrowhead

Logos that are very recognizable but not iconic / logos that are a toss-up, should or shouldn't last very long.

- Cardinals profile

- Detroit's leaping Lion (may be iconic if they didn't change it, even though I personally like the change myself)

- Both New York logos (only because they had millions of different logos before basically reviving their older ones in the late 90's)

- 49ers interlocking 'SF'

- Eagles profile

- Saints fleur-de-lis

- Bills charging bison

- Bucs pirate flag

- Rams profile

- Broncos robo-bronco

- Chargers arching bolt

- Texans bull head (instant classic)

- the 'F' Falcon

- Patriots "Flying Elvis"

- Seahawks profile

- Vikings Profile

The point of this was my perspective of the Dolphins logo. I'd say it's right there in that middle category. Recognizable, yes. Iconic? I wouldn't say so. 1., because it has been changed a few times before and, 2., if Miami kept the original logo from the 70's, I'm sure most people would just say it would be too "outdated" for this century. Didn't really have the same timeless design.

You have the rams in the wrong spot which invalidates all future opinions and posts. Goodbye.

That helmet would be an epic fail on Nike part, but then again don't we expect from them on a day-to-day basis?

execution or brand direction wise? because as far as executing the idea we've seen very little here, but it looks legit to me. this isnt going to just be a logo update, it seems they are repositioning themselves. not as the classic Dolphins we've come to know and associate with the perfect season, Don SHula, and Dan Marino but because they've been irrelevant for so long the identity brings in a new era appropriate for the changing modern times and shows us who they want to be. . . which just might be another Oregon or Seattle Seahawks, but being one of the first NFL teams to go this route, its going to work for them. its a new, fresh take on something they've always had. im not a big fan of it, but i understand it. and i think most people will love it. it happened with Seattle, and i just cant imagine this being THAT bad.

TLDR, i think the helmet works well with the logo, even if i dont like what they've done, its still works together as they've intended

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Still a work in progress (and not at all what i think the real uniform will look like) but here's a little something I've been working on...

ZfQeMfp.jpg

Also tried to imagine what the rest of the Jags uniform might look like:

5plNeZY.jpg

Pretty new to photoshop, so go easy on me lol. And remember, Miami uni nowhere near complete. Still hav to do trimming/piping etc...

Archived