2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

No because this is Internet discontent. Look at the comments of ANYTHING on the Internet, this site included, people who comment on articles, videos, and so on are overwhelmingly discontent. This will become well received as soon as mike Wallace's jersey goes on sale.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Unless the 'fins bring home a Super Bowl within the five years that they have to stick with this, there's a pretty good chance we'll see some form of the original logo come back.

No because this is Internet discontent. Look at the comments of ANYTHING on the Internet, this site included, people who comment on articles, videos, and so on are overwhelmingly discontent. This will become well received as soon as mike Wallace's jersey goes on sale.

Interesting point. The Niners proposed helmet change was in the early 1990s, so the uproar in San Francisco must have been huge.

The other thing about the Niners helmet change is, how on earth could anyone think that was an upgrade?

This may be more of a buffaslug situation; I don't think the Slug was such a bad logo, but it totally missed the mark of what fans wanted with the return to traditional colors. It may be that this misses the mark of what their fans want and if they never warm up to it, they'll bring the old one back. Or maybe they will warm up to it...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't quote me on this, because I haven't seen the full dolphins uniform, but does anyone else think that maybe the helmet won't have the new logo? Ex. the eagles have the logo on its sleeves, and then the wing decals on the helmet.

But what would they put on the helmet? A fin? I highly doubt that.

spacer.png

After reviewing the new Dolphins logo all day I now have to admit that this is the worst logo in the NFL. Jacksonville has now moved out of the cellar. I was looking forward to seeing the uniform unveiling, but now that we know the white mask is official I am extremely disappointed in the direction of the Dolphins and I should have expected it from Nike.

+1

This logo is actually very nice. The colors are better and represent Miami well, the shape of the dolphin is good too.

Far from worst in the NFL. I'd say it's one of the better logos in the AFC now.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This logo is actually very nice. The colors are better and represent Miami well, the shape of the dolphin is good too.

Far from worst in the NFL. I'd say it's one of the better logos in the AFC now.

When the Browns orange helmet looks better than this logo, there is a problem!

spacer.png

Who cares if Miami's Facebook fans are slamming it? Last I checked, most fans wouldn't know a competent design if it bit 'em in the @$$.

As far as the new Dolphin goes; I dig it. I just wish the shadow was on the rear of the dorsal fin. The sunburst; not so much a fan. Oh well. I'm sure they had their reasons for rendering it the way they did.

In the end it is the fans that buy the merchandise, so it DOES matter what the fans say. Why else would the 49ers and the Bills revert back to their old school looks? MONEY talks and B.S. walks.

Any fan who stops supporting their team because they don't like a logo isn't a real fan...

Besides, the 49ers and Bills didn't truly revert back to their old school look. San Fran still has their late 90's logo, and Buffalo (before introducing the toilet seat collars last season) still had some changes to their "old school" look. Even the Giants and Jets LOOK like they went back to their older identities in the 90's, but still made some changes.

That's how I'll view the Dolphins change... depending on the uniforms, anyway. No the new logo doesn't keep the helmet or the same arched pose, but that's probably for the best.

Just as much as new doesn't always equal better, old doesn't always mean better, either.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like the direction this logo takes not because I think it's superior but because I think its applications (if mock ups are close to accurate) are better than previous iterations.

Stand-alone, I like the old logo more. Seeing it on a helmet (if mockups are close) and on the uniform (if the leak is correct) makes me like it much, much more.

According to a very good source of someone whos seen the helmet, there is the Dolphins logo on it.

Here is a pretty decent representation on how the helmet will look, yeah I know the outline is black

cbXncTx.jpg

take it for what its worth.

also according to thephins.com poll, out of 172 votes,

61 Love it 35%

57 says its Good 33%

24 thinks it sucks 14%

13 dont care 8%

17 are glad its not wearing a helmet 10%

According to a very good source of someone whos seen the helmet, there is the Dolphins logo on it.

Here is a pretty decent representation on how the helmet will look, yeah I know the outline is black

cbXncTx.jpg

I have a few issues with this image...

1) Why is the helmet rendered as off-white? Shouldn't the whole thing match the inside of the sunburst?

2) I'm guessing the logo will be somewhat larger than what is pictured here.

3) The source who first revealed the navy stripes keeps telling people that they are thicker than what is being portrayed...each navy stripe should be half the width of the center aqua one.

Who cares if Miami's Facebook fans are slamming it? Last I checked, most fans wouldn't know a competent design if it bit 'em in the @$$.

As far as the new Dolphin goes; I dig it. I just wish the shadow was on the rear of the dorsal fin. The sunburst; not so much a fan. Oh well. I'm sure they had their reasons for rendering it the way they did.

In the end it is the fans that buy the merchandise, so it DOES matter what the fans say. Why else would the 49ers and the Bills revert back to their old school looks? MONEY talks and B.S. walks.

Any fan who stops supporting their team because they don't like a logo isn't a real fan...

Besides, the 49ers and Bills didn't truly revert back to their old school look. San Fran still has their late 90's logo, and Buffalo (before introducing the toilet seat collars last season) still had some changes to their "old school" look. Even the Giants and Jets LOOK like they went back to their older identities in the 90's, but still made some changes.

That's how I'll view the Dolphins change... depending on the uniforms, anyway. No the new logo doesn't keep the helmet or the same arched pose, but that's probably for the best.

Just as much as new doesn't always equal better, old doesn't always mean better, either.

I never said one thing about not supporting your team. As for me I will not buy any new jerseys from any team as I hate the new Nike jerseys..but I still support my teams.

spacer.png

cbXncTx.jpg

I have a few issues with this image...

1) Why is the helmet rendered as off-white? Shouldn't the whole thing match the inside of the sunburst?

2) I'm guessing the logo will be somewhat larger than what is pictured here.

3) The source who first revealed the navy stripes keeps telling people that they are thicker than what is being portrayed...each navy stripe should be half the width of the center aqua one.

its just a quick mock up. You are right, the white would be the same.

Yeah I think the logo would be bigger too. Thats the biggest logo i can find of the leaked one.

3. From what I understand they could be thicker, but they may be a decent depiction of it.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really like the direction this logo takes not because I think it's superior but because I think its applications (if mock ups are close to accurate) are better than previous iterations.

I don't think you are...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

FWIW - I have a well-placed source working in promotions at a local sports radio stations who can confirm that the Vikings are gettting new jerseys for 2013. It is anticipated that the unveiling could be a month-long drawn out process, perhaps with some small leaks / hints leading up to the expected unveiling at the Draft.

Here are the details I alluded to earlier:

uniform-article-new.jpg

Team Launches Four-Week “Vikings Uniform Insider” Campaign

Eden Prairie, MN (March 28, 2013) The Minnesota Vikings will unveil new team uniforms during the 2013 Miller Lite Vikings Draft Party at Mall of America Field on Thursday, April 25. Tickets to the annual event, which begins at 5:00 p.m., are free for children 12 and under and Vikings Season Ticket Owners (one ticket per season ticket), and $10 for general admission.

Fans who want an interactive preview into the design process can participate in the "Vikings Uniform Insider"campaign that was launched today. By engaging with the team’s official Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well as other Vikings activities, fans have an opportunity to unlock 12 uniform teasers designed to add to the excitement of the April unveiling. Participants will receive via email an in-depth look at the new uniforms on Thursday, April 25.

Vikings Add

Archived