2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I think the Vikings helmet is going to have some kind of chain-linked pattern that blends into the color of the helmet, ala the pattern that runs up the middle of the Seahawks. That could give it a little more flare without changing the integrity of the helmet (purple with horns) as a whole.

That's my thinking, too.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Exactly, because nothing says "Retro" and "Tough" like an overy shiny helmet... It's gotta be matte. It's the latest gotta have trend.

Minnesota, Ohio, Bowling Green, TCU, Mizzu, Arkansas, Duke, Georga Tech, Baylor, Navy, Wake Forest, West Virgina, Boise... you get the picture. I'm not saying teams dont have shiny helmets, I'm just saying matte seems to be the latest adopted trend, especially one that fits into the "Retro" and "Tough" catagories. I dont remember seeing many teams in the 60's or 70's with Shiny ass helmets.

https://www.google.c...iw=1278&bih=961

Purple chrome/metallic with gray facemask is my guess.

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

Yep, we have. Shiny Rutgets, Shiny Baylor, Shiny Oregon...

With Jared Allen calling the new Vikings helmet "tough", I'm guessing it's a matte helmet. No chrome. No gleam. Just tough.

lol, so chrome = sissy and matte = tough. Got it.

thats the connotations i get as well. why laugh?

Because its one opinion/understanding when there is actually no real evidence one way or the other. To one person, chrome is sissy. To another, its tough. Its all a matter of preference/bias. Hearing somebody describe a helmet as "tough" does not indicate one way or the other whether its chrome, matte, or just a standard helmet finish.

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Exactly, because nothing says "Retro" and "Tough" like an overy shiny helmet... It's gotta be matte. It's the latest gotta have trend.

Minnesota, Ohio, Bowling Green, TCU, Mizzu, Arkansas, Duke, Georga Tech, Baylor, Navy, Wake Forest, West Virgina, Boise... you get the picture. I'm not saying teams dont have shiny helmets, I'm just saying matte seems to be the latest adopted trend, especially one that fits into the "Retro" and "Tough" catagories. I dont remember seeing many teams in the 60's or 70's with Shiny ass helmets.

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

With Jared Allen calling the new Vikings helmet "tough", I'm guessing it's a matte helmet. No chrome. No gleam. Just tough.

Because its taking one opinion/understanding and proclaiming it as fact when there is actually no real evidence one way or the other. To one person, chrome is sissy. To another, its tough. Its all a matter of preference/bias. Hearing somebody describe a helmet as "tough" does not indicate one way or the other whether its chrome, matte, or just a standard helmet finish.

agreed. im not going to make any assumptions about the Vikings helmet based on what someone has said. (taking Allen's words and building a concept in my own head, i see black and a thick stripe) but i do agree with Chawls' interpretation/connotations of matte and chrome finish themselves. its 2 completely different attitudes, and i think the words he used are accurate.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

See, this is why I'm bummed to be out of the airline industry. The Vikings reveal is exactly the kind of event airline people watch for in whatever subject interests them. Then they arrange time off if necessary, fly to wherever and attend them. No. I'm not a Vikes fan but for a $10 ticket, the cost of a rental car and a small nonrev travel fee, wouldn't it be cool to take a day trip up there for the event? I knew people who would drop everything on a moment's notice for stuff like this. For example, there was a captain who wanted to see history first hand so he flew to Germany and was there when the Berlin Wall came down. Others would check the flights Friday afternoon and go wherever there were seats. I'm not talking El Paso, either, this was DFW to Rio or Paris or Madrid for the weekend.

[/semi-related tangent]

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Miami & Minnesota seems like a big fail to me if the rumors are true uniform wise but I would really expect nothing different in what I have seen form Nike.

It looks like the same old trick lets at least add black, grey, or, Anthracite to every uniform so it looks kewl.

So apparently having two enormous horns on either side of the helmet doesn't radiate manliness, but the new Nike design does.

I'm guessing Jared Allen is an idiot.

Just early stage CTE.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So apparently having two enormous horns on either side of the helmet doesn't radiate manliness, but the new Nike design does.

I'm guessing Jared Allen is an idiot.

Just early stage CTE.

Jared Allen an idiot? No...

XK20rsJ.gif

But truly, he is a comedic gift to the NFL.

He is the polar opposite of me, but regardless I have grown to love that dude. He's a great player and funny dude.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

based on info I received, helmet is white, Stripe is aqua with black outlines

Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?

"Because Nike has to use black in everything!"

The only way I can see black looking good is if they went with the original Marlins color scheme (aqua/teal, black and white) and dropped orange almost completely.

Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?

The only way I can see black looking good is if they went with the original Marlins color scheme (aqua/teal, black and white) and dropped orange almost completely.

i love the orange. It would be a shame for them to phase it out. Its apart of their history. Orange is a better looking color on jerseys with the aqua then the black

Because its taking one opinion/understanding and proclaiming it as fact when there is actually no real evidence one way or the other. To one person, chrome is sissy. To another, its tough. Its all a matter of preference/bias. Hearing somebody describe a helmet as "tough" does not indicate one way or the other whether its chrome, matte, or just a standard helmet finish.

agreed. im not going to make any assumptions about the Vikings helmet based on what someone has said. (taking Allen's words and building a concept in my own head, i see black and a thick stripe) but i do agree with Chawls' interpretation/connotations of matte and chrome finish themselves. its 2 completely different attitudes, and i think the words he used are accurate.

Hey folks, I think you are taking what I said the wrong way. In no way did i use or infer the term sissy at all, nor did I mention Jared's use of the word manly. I just said tough and retro.

Knowing the paint is changing, and the reaction the helmet, and the fact that Nike uses the NCAA as its testing field before brining things to the Pros, the options are 1. Shiny or 2. Matte. I would say that Matte is tough, durable, strong, subdued looking and yes, somewhat retro in a modern way. To that, I would describe shiny as fast, sleek, modern, and flashy looking. This has nothing to do with Manly vs Sissy, or any other sexist statment. One's not better than the other and I am certainly not trying to say something about you if you like the shiny paint. I am just saying, given the context clues, matte makes better sense than shiny.

PaleVermilion81, if they have shiny helmets when all is revealed, I'll gladly be the first to tell you that you were right and I was wrong.

I'd be really interested in seeing a mock up with more black mixed in. I like the aqua/teal and black color schemes. But that being said, there's no black in the new logo, so I doubt that type of drastic change would happen.

i love the orange. It would be a shame for them to phase it out. Its apart of their history. Orange is a better looking color on jerseys with the aqua then the black

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 1000%. I'm just sayin' that IMO the only way the black would work is with the absence of orange.

In my perfect world they would only have aqua, orange and white. No navy. But that' just me. :)

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 1000%. I'm just sayin' that IMO the only way the black would work is with the absence of orange. In my perfect world they would only have aqua, orange and white. No navy. But that' just me. :)

I dought the color black will be used, its probably the navy color

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 1000%. I'm just sayin' that IMO the only way the black would work is with the absence of orange. In my perfect world they would only have aqua, orange and white. No navy. But that' just me. :)

I hope my source is wrong, or they changed it! I am also glad

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

these are the new colors from Colorwerx! i like that blue so much better

I hope my source is wrong, or they changed it! I am also glad

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

these are the new colors from Colorwerx! i like that blue so much better

More of a pastel shades..................................

Archived