2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

based on info I received, helmet is white, Stripe is aqua with black outlines
Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?
"Because Nike has to use black in everything!"
The only way I can see black looking good is if they went with the original Marlins color scheme (aqua/teal, black and white) and dropped orange almost completely.
i love the orange. It would be a shame for them to phase it out. Its apart of their history. Orange is a better looking color on jerseys with the aqua then the black
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 1000%. I'm just sayin' that IMO the only way the black would work is with the absence of orange. In my perfect world they would only have aqua, orange and white. No navy. But that' just me. :)

I dought the color black will be used, its probably the navy color

I hope my source is wrong, or they changed it! I am also glad

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

these are the new colors from Colorwerx! i like that blue so much better

Those aren't the new colors. Those are the colors used from 2002 until last year. Also I hope the thing about using them black isn't true. I highly doubt it is true considering there is no black in their logo.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?
The only way I can see black looking good is if they went with the original Marlins color scheme (aqua/teal, black and white) and dropped orange almost completely.
i love the orange. It would be a shame for them to phase it out. Its apart of their history. Orange is a better looking color on jerseys with the aqua then the black
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 1000%. I'm just sayin' that IMO the only way the black would work is with the absence of orange. In my perfect world they would only have aqua, orange and white. No navy. But that' just me. :)

More of a pastel shades..................................

The colors of the uniform will be exactly what we see used for the new logo. Speculation over.

WOW...the people on the Dolphins facebook page are just nasty.

And BTW...those of you who have the minis and are upset about the lack of a color changing Jags helmet, I feel your pain...

I'm one on the schmoes who decided to collect the 'micro-minis' years back. Now those aren't the golfball sized ones they are more 'softball' sized, just a touch smaller than the current minis. So now every time a team changes helmets I have to custom paint & custom decal one of the extras I have as they stopped producing them years ago.

Those aren't the new colors. Those are the colors used from 2002 until last year. Also I hope the thing about using them black isn't true. I highly doubt it is true considering there is no black in their logo.

those are the new colors

Had to go back and look, his user name is trash432 and among various golden nuggets of information dropped these comments in response to this image:

REALLY GOOD MOCK-UP OF DOLPHINS NEW HELMET

A2F8npV.jpg

TRASH432: The outline of the aqua stripe is black, not navy, and it's a bit thicker than that. Otherwise it's pretty damn close.

PHINSUP13: We really put black on the helmet? If that's what it looks like its okay I wish it had some orange on it but if it doesn't o well.

TRASH432: No orange. I think orange is being phased out honestly. The numbers on the jersey are like the stripe too

If you phase out orange then you should have phased out the sun so stupid if that is real but I will hold judgement on the uniforms until I see them.

The white pants with no stripes will be terrible if it happens.

There is no way that will look good unless they put a design in there that will only be noticeable from a few feet away that will make it great!

Every new piece of information we get about the Dolphins unis, the more disappointed I am. I was really looking forward to the change, but it's turning out to be a massive downgrade. If I was a Dolphins fan, I would be furious with the team.

I am disappointed in the info about the Unis but love the logo, and the Unis are more likely to change again before the logo so I am not to upset.Plus ill be getting more merchandise of the logo instead of the jersey so Im not too upset

This "insider" information is all well and good, but it does not reflect what we have seen so far at all.

Why remove the hard outlines in the logo if you're going to add hard black outlines to the numbers and stripe?

Why lighten the colors and then add black?

Why revert to older shades of your team colors and then add a color that has never been a part of your scheme?

Why avoid black for navy, only to lighten the navy and add black later?

Why have three colors in your logo and a fourth one that has nothing to do with anything your team has shown or has ever done?

Why doesn't ColorWerx, who has confirmed official information, have black as a supporting color? Was he asked not to blow the presence of black? [EDIT: ColorWerx has said he only has information on the primary logo, so that solves this question.]

I'm not saying there won't be black, as I have no contact with anyone on the inside, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Where did c4SZiG9.jpg come from?

It's a bigfoot photo, if a photo at all. When did it show up? How is that definitively black, when you have the darker blue already in the scheme? It is at least 17 days old at this point, since Dansby was released at that point, and if it was an official thing, they'd have either used an unused number or Tannehill for the mockup, wouldn't they?

So, yeah, there might end up being black in the scheme, but as of right now, it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Archived