2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Trust me, its not. I am 100% that the pics not not a concept pic, its an actually photo.I will post all the pics I have seen after the draft if my source allows it, until then you will have to take my word or not. like i said, i hope im wrong

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "insider" information is all well and good, but it does not reflect what we have seen so far at all.

Why remove the hard outlines in the logo if you're going to add hard black outlines to the numbers and stripe?

Why lighten the colors and then add black?

Why revert to older shades of your team colors and then add a color that has never been a part of your scheme?

Why avoid black for navy, only to lighten the navy and add black later?

Why have three colors in your logo and a fourth one that has nothing to do with anything your team has shown or has ever done?

Why doesn't ColorWerx, who has confirmed official information, have black as a supporting color? Was he asked not to blow the presence of black?

I'm not saying there won't be black, as I have no contact with anyone on the inside, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Where did c4SZiG9.jpg come from?

It's a bigfoot photo, if a photo at all. When did it show up? How is that definitively black, when you have the darker blue already in the scheme? It is at least 17 days old at this point, since Dansby was released at that point, and if it was an official thing, they'd have either used an unused number or Tannehill for the mockup, wouldn't they?

So, yeah, there might end up being black in the scheme, but as of right now, it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

The only colors I have is for the primary logo, which is all that has been released as of yet.

If indeed Black is in there, it would more than likely included once the rest of the graphics package is released.

I have not seen any secondary marks, workmarks or uniform and helmet designs to this point.

The only colors I have is for the primary logo, which is all that has been released as of yet.

If indeed Black is in there, it would more than likely included once the rest of the graphics package is released.

I have not seen any secondary marks, workmarks or uniform and helmet designs to this point.

Thanks!

This "insider" information is all well and good, but it does not reflect what we have seen so far at all.

Why remove the hard outlines in the logo if you're going to add hard black outlines to the numbers and stripe?

Why lighten the colors and then add black?

Why revert to older shades of your team colors and then add a color that has never been a part of your scheme?

Why avoid black for navy, only to lighten the navy and add black later?

Why have three colors in your logo and a fourth one that has nothing to do with anything your team has shown or has ever done?

Why doesn't ColorWerx, who has confirmed official information, have black as a supporting color? Was he asked not to blow the presence of black?

I'm not saying there won't be black, as I have no contact with anyone on the inside, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Where did c4SZiG9.jpg come from?

It's a bigfoot photo, if a photo at all. When did it show up? How is that definitively black, when you have the darker blue already in the scheme? It is at least 17 days old at this point, since Dansby was released at that point, and if it was an official thing, they'd have either used an unused number or Tannehill for the mockup, wouldn't they?

So, yeah, there might end up being black in the scheme, but as of right now, it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

If a lot of these "upgrades" have taught us one thing it is it does not have to make sense. All of the above are head scratchers for sure, but all are completely believeable. Which is unfortunate. I actually like the direction the new logo is going. However, if the only orange on the uniform is the sun and nike logo, well, they really messed this one up.

70389454.png

I don't know if it means anything or not but on the doplhins blog on their official site the header area is black and aqua and the aqua has a sort-of subtle honeycomb pattern to it. I hope they dont put that pattern in the helmet stripe.

I don't know if it means anything or not but on the doplhins blog on their official site the header area is black and aqua and the aqua has a sort-of subtle honeycomb pattern to it. I hope they dont put that pattern in the helmet stripe.

Link? Im curious

The pic was taken before his release. The uniforms have been finished well before free agency. Dansby has been the Dolphins model for the last few years. He was used in last year Nike release. His release was surprised when it happened. Also Jeff Ireland work on the team aspect, Mike Dee does the design and stadium aspect. So yeah, its likely that Dansby uni would have been used.

Those aren't the new colors. Those are the colors used from 2002 until last year.

You're questioning me on this? Really?

:therock:

The current colors are actually listed under the years 2002-Present on your site, which is probably what he was going on.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Using the Wayback Machine, it looks like the black and honeycomb have been there since before the 2010 season.

Those aren't the new colors. Those are the colors used from 2002 until last year.

You're questioning me on this? Really?

:therock:

The current colors are actually listed under the years 2002-Present on your site, which is probably what he was going on.

Oh, OK. I was planning to update that page this weekend...hopefully that will clear up any confusion.

Link? Im curious

The pic was taken before his release. The uniforms have been finished well before free agency. Dansby has been the Dolphins model for the last few years. He was used in last year Nike release. His release was surprised when it happened. Also Jeff Ireland work on the team aspect, Mike Dee does the design and stadium aspect. So yeah, its likely that Dansby uni would have been used.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The Jags have the honeycomb pattern on their main site too. I wouldn't worry about it.

clue1o.jpg

This picture makes me 99% sure the new uniforms are going to suck. You don't need stripes that look like ship masts, scuffed-up helmets or any other viking-related crap for the uniforms, just go with, you know, a football uniform. Vertical stripes on the pants, maybe some sleeve or shoulder stripes. You know, normal stuff. If they need inspiration, the Vikings have worn a few very good uniforms in the past. Sublimated patterns of axes or whatever are totally amateurish and should be left in college. We don't need Nordic detailing on these jerseys any more than we need the Bears to have sublimated fur on theirs. It's a GD football team.

thi is why i dont show mood boards or visual research to clients. because 10 different people could look at the same 3 photos and interpret that 10 different ways into a design, so their expectations never match your vision. dont freak out just yet. we're looking at the very beginnings of conception here.

My point is, I don't think they need to look at the team name for inspiration, at least not in the case of the Vikings, who have been around for over 50 years. I mean, if there was some expansion team named the Hornets and they wanted to use a honeycomb or hornet-related sublimated stripes, I would still think it's bad and sucked, but at least they were starting from scratch with the identity. But seeing as the Vikings have been around for so long, they don't need to resort to what is essentially cheap parlor tricks for the identity. You don't need sublimated boat patterns, bolts or helmet scars to show that the team is the Vikings. Their original team uniforms weren't "inspired" by Norsemen outside of the helmet horns, yet they turned out great. Just using something similar to what the team has used in the past, or even come up with something new that doesn't have Nordic elements. That being said, I am not having a cow over the Vikings uniforms, just interpreting the "inspiration".

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was really happy with the logo, but I REALLY can't believe they are taking this direction with the helmets and uniforms....There is no way they could mess up the rebranding THIS bad...what happened to respecting the past? I know a lot of our fans are PISSED at the logo, but if these uniforms are what I think they are, they will RIOT

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived