2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that that helmet stripe apparently won't be flanked by orange (or orange flanked in navy).

As for the uniform, as much as I hate colorshift, a teal-orange colorshift on the numbers could look cool (and would be a very Miami flashy thing to do).

The new Dolphins logo is a huge improvement. But honestly these uniforms sound awful. Same goes for the Vikings and Jaguars uniforms, but unfortunately they couldn't get their logos right.

How did the Vikings not get their logo right? Its pretty much perfect.

spacer.png

^ I think you can blame Oregon for the inspiration of the all white in this potential look. It seems to be a Nike thing that keeps popping up everywhere. It draws all of your attention to the numbers and nothing else. I'm holding off on judgement until I see the final product

Man oregons all whites are a thing of beauty.

Truth.

Fact.

No, I'm going to have to back oldschoolvikings here. Opinion.

Yes opinion for sure although I think the white Ducks uniforms are better than the rest of their uniforms but thats not saying much to me.

I like something on the pants Miami will look like a bunch of clowns out there if they go all white besides numbers & logos

The new Dolphins logo is a huge improvement. But honestly these uniforms sound awful. Same goes for the Vikings and Jaguars uniforms, but unfortunately they couldn't get their logos right.

The change was pointless. There's no reason to modify a logo if no one is going to notice. So yes, if you wanted a logo that looked almost exactly like the old logo, it's perfect.

If the Vikings really wanted a tough look, they'd go sans helmet. Man up, Minnesota. Man up.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

The Jaguars new logo is a huge upgrape. The Vikings the average person would not notice but it also is an upgrade.

The change was pointless. There's no reason to modify a logo if no one is going to notice. So yes, if you wanted a logo that looked almost exactly like the old logo, it's perfect.

It is perfect because it changed everything that needed to be changed about the old one, and nothing more. It only did what was absolutely necessary. I mean they could have gone with an over-designed Nike piece of crap, but thankfully the team had more sense then that.

It is perfect because it changed everything that needed to be changed about the old one, and nothing more. It only did what was absolutely necessary. I mean they could have gone with an over-designed Nike piece of crap, but thankfully the team had more sense then that.

Nike has no say in logo design, but I get what your saying

I agree that the Vikings update was a fantastic revision of the old one

They took an old and well known logo and made it better in many different ways, while still being plenty recognizable....which to me is harder to do than say create a different looking dolphin in front of a different looking sun.

norseman-article-comp.jpg

Twitter @BenVolinPBP gives a rundown of the Dolphins uniforms. He is saying no black and the color is orange that is outling the aqua. no aqua numbers with orange outline. Dolphins wordmark across the chest and on back of pants.

This pleases me. Except the wordmark on the pants. Makes me think of "juicy" shorts.

Twitter @BenVolinPBP gives a rundown of the Dolphins uniforms. He is saying no black and the color is orange that is outling the aqua. no aqua numbers with orange outline. Dolphins wordmark across the chest and on back of pants.

This pleases me. Except the wordmark on the pants. Makes me think of "juicy" shorts.

Yeah I didn't think it was black but I didn't think it was orange either I thought it was the blue that outlined it.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

...I agree that the Vikings update was a fantastic revision of the old one...

If the Norseman is what you're talking about then you gotta be kidding...the changes are so minor that it reminds me of one of those puzzles in kid magazines where you have to spot the minute differences between two photos of a pig riding a bike.

If the Norseman is what you're talking about then you gotta be kidding...the changes are so minor that it reminds me of one of those puzzles in kid magazines where you have to spot the minute differences between two photos of a pig riding a bike.

The changes are minor but the new one is much better logo don't you think.

You do not have to completely change a logo to make it better.

The lines are bolder the horns are better the nose is a better shape.

Its much like the new Dolphins logo as I made small changes to it in the other thread & I think it was much better.

Small details can make or break a logo as far as I'm concerned.

The changes are minor but the new one is much better logo don't you think.

Sorry if this comes across as snarky, but if the VIkings hadn't announced the change, I wouldn't be surprised if it took half a season before anyone noticed...

Exactly. The proof is that they actually had to post a picture of the new and old for anyone to realize.

It would be like the Colts adding another dot to their horseshoe.

"The Horseshoe has evolved: Now features 8 dots instead of 7!"

Archived