2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

...I agree that the Vikings update was a fantastic revision of the old one...

norseman-article-comp.jpg

If the Norseman is what you're talking about then you gotta be kidding...the changes are so minor that it reminds me of one of those puzzles in kid magazines where you have to spot the minute differences between two photos of a pig riding a bike.

Exactly. The proof is that they actually had to post a picture of the new and old for anyone to realize.

It would be like the Colts adding another dot to their horseshoe.

"The Horseshoe has evolved: Now features 8 dots instead of 7!"

That doesn't stop it from being a good update. They fix what needed to be fixed, and that's all that matters.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I found a way to do the Vikings logo where it's really noticeable. This should make the Nike crowd happy, as I changed the yellow to something brigher, added more black and grey. A nice fire ball in the background really ties it all together. Also, bacon.

vikes_zps1ffe544a.png

Please forgive the sloppy nature of the logo, I'm at work and have an ancient version of MS Paint, also only had a couple minutes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Ok, I found a way to do the Vikings logo where it's really noticeable. This should make the Nike crowd happy, as I changed the yellow to something brigher, added more black and grey. A nice fire ball in the background really ties it all together. Also, bacon.

vikes_zps1ffe544a.png

Please forgive the sloppy nature of the logo, I'm at work and have an ancient version of MS Paint, also only had a couple minutes.

Everything is better with bacon.

vikes_zps1ffe544a.png

"Both the fireball and the piece of bacon look too much like illustrations. The black should be anthracite, to pop the yellow even more. But nothing will make it not look like a mash of pictures from Microsoft Word. This look would not make me a fan."

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The changes are minor but the new one is much better logo don't you think.

Sorry if this comes across as snarky, but if the VIkings hadn't announced the change, I wouldn't be surprised if it took half a season before anyone noticed...

In fairness, that's exactly what the Vikings wanted. They inyended to fix some of the problems of the old logo, but didn't want a radical enough change that it would be readily noticed.

Sorry if this comes across as snarky, but if the VIkings hadn't announced the change, I wouldn't be surprised if it took half a season before anyone noticed...

In fairness, that's exactly what the Vikings wanted. They inyended to fix some of the problems of the old logo, but didn't want a radical enough change that it would be readily noticed.

Which is probably what more teams should have done.

Very proud to be a Vikings fan at this time.

(Uniforms yet to be seen hahaha)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Which is probably what more teams should have done.

Very proud to be a Vikings fan at this time.

(Uniforms yet to be seen hahaha)

Bolded is too true.

They know they f***ed up with the latest redesign. Looked so out of place and random, especially in the NFC North.

The logo revision gives me a lot of hope they'll get it right this time though.

Would you rather have your favorite team have a logo you really like and uniforms you hate, or great uniforms and a crappy logo?

Better looking uniforms duh.

Better logo. If anything is bound to change first it's the uniform. Also more merchandise you buy will have the logo. So yeah I rather like the logo. Also I am hearing Miami has two white unis, one home and away, one navy trimming other orange. Now again idk if I believe it or not based on makes no sense marketing to not have a dark jersey. They sell more then white jerseys. I trust my source but I think it's either a mis understanding or confusing

Would you rather have your favorite team have a logo you really like and uniforms you hate, or great uniforms and a crappy logo?

Id rather have a good logo. Hats,shirts,and when they talk about your team on TV all show the logo.

Sorry if I missed it being explained in a prior post, but why in the hell is the Norseman's helmet the same color as his hair???? I've been wondering about this for years now and can't seem to understand why it hasn't been fixed. It bugs the hell out of me. Make it grey or purple or something.

Sorry if I missed it being explained in a prior post, but why in the hell is the Norseman's helmet the same color as his hair???? I've been wondering about this for years now and can't seem to understand why it hasn't been fixed. It bugs the hell out of me. Make it grey or purple or something.

e240217.gif

(I been waiting on the answer to this one myself.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's just one of those things that you don't notice until someone points it out....and then it can't be unseen.

Same here, I thought for sure it was going to be changed this time around.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Better logo. If anything is bound to change first it's the uniform. Also more merchandise you buy will have the logo. So yeah I rather like the logo. Also I am hearing Miami has two white unis, one home and away, one navy trimming other orange. Now again idk if I believe it or not based on makes no sense marketing to not have a dark jersey. They sell more then white jerseys. I trust my source but I think it's either a mis understanding or confusing

They have to have a dark jersey, since they can't wear white when the opponent chooses to wear white.

It's where I sit.

They have to have a dark jersey, since they can't wear white when the opponent chooses to wear white.

I thought the home team chose the jerseys?

But regardless, maybe they just have two white options for the away unis.

If the Norseman is what you're talking about then you gotta be kidding...the changes are so minor that it reminds me of one of those puzzles in kid magazines where you have to spot the minute differences between two photos of a pig riding a bike.

Exactly. The proof is that they actually had to post a picture of the new and old for anyone to realize.

That doesn't stop it from being a good update. They fix what needed to be fixed, and that's all that matters.

Sorry but what exactly was it that needed to be fixed? Because I see minor changes, but nothing that I would call a "fix" (if it even was broken). The gold is lighter. The braid is shorter. The nose is rounder. Oh and the horns are smoother. Is that what you call a "fix"? I still fail to see how anyone can call this a logo "evolution" with a straight face.

Sorry but what exactly was it that needed to be fixed? Because I see minor changes, but nothing that I would call a "fix" (if it even was broken). The gold is lighter. The braid is shorter. The nose is rounder. Oh and the horns are smoother. Is that what you call a "fix"? I still fail to see how anyone can call this a logo "evolution" with a straight face.

Making something that wasn't broke better definitely still falls under the fixing category.

Archived