2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I found a somewhat better picture of the Vikings helmet, and yes it is purple.

612_1364493763.jpg

I can't tell if they have a matte-like decal stripe going down the helmet (like the one Seattle has), but it looks like the Viking horns might be chrome...

that photo is from the NFL Nike release last april

VikingsUni1_display_image.jpg?1333473116

and so is the image on http://vikingsuniforminsider.com/#

Minnesota-Vikings-Nike-jersey.jpg

background.jpg

In other words, everyone can stop trying to diagnose the hell out of those two images.

Move along... nothing to see here...

I hope we don't get any leaks today. I'll be so pissed.

Actually, this would be a perfect day for a leak. If, say, the Vikings know they're doomed to suffer the Dolphins' fate, then just allow it to be leaked and nobody will believe it. :upside:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

FWIW, I found a somewhat better picture of the Vikings helmet, and yes it is purple.

612_1364493763.jpg

In other words, everyone can stop trying to diagnose the hell out of those two images.

Move along... nothing to see here...

Although, on second thought.... let me say this. In this image (retread though it is) they have left the purple helmet and the white pants uncovered while very carefully covering up ALL of the jersey and pretty much all of the facemask. They've also chosen an angle that obscures the side of the pants and, although you can just see the front of the horns, you can't really make them out. In other words, although this is an old picture and definitely not the new uniform, it is possible (possible, I say) that they left certain parts uncovered because those are the parts that aren't changing, and covered up every part that will be different.

I don't think it's real. I could be wrong, but the way it's worded doesn't really scream official to me. I have no idea where the picture came from, but just my hunch.

You can trace it back to here: http://www.kfan.com/...rticle=11120623, so not an official release. Also, the ellipses and exclamation mark are a dead giveaway.

Ah, thank you.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I was looking at the Miami Dolphins Facebook page and I'm baffled at the comments. That's a whole lot of stupid, then again I guess the same could be said for most comments on the Internet

Yep.

... surprisingly not that much on this board, though.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

In Jacksonville for the Maroon5 concert tonight and there's signage all over the city with the new logos on them. I must say its made me like it even more and realize how dated the old one looked.

Sidenote, the north scoreboard (the one proposed to be replaced by the biggest in the league) still has the old logo on it. Wonder when and how much of a pain in the butt it is to change that out.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Be very cautious on how you react to this, but here's what just happened:

I had a coupon for NFLShop.com, and I wanted to use it to buy a Doug Martin jersey. They didn't have any in my size, so I called their customer service to ask when my size will be available. The operator said they wouldn't get any more jerseys for a while because the Bucs are getting a new logo. This perked me up immediately, so I started asking questions, especially when it would be unveiled and if the uniforms are changing too. She then corrected herself saying that it wasn't the Bucs, but the Jags and Dolphins who are getting new logos. I guess the question now is was she seriously mistaken, or was her correction just an effort to backtrack?

I know we've heard that they were considering a logo change, but then they decided against it. But then I remember reading another post in this thread within the past couple of days/weeks about them changing something. So I don't know what to believe at this point. Since there's no discount on the Bucs' page on NFLShop, I'm inclined to believe there's no pending change. But it's still interesting that she said that.

I had a coupon for NFLShop.com, and I wanted to use it to buy a Doug Martin jersey. They didn't have any in my size, so I called their customer service to ask when my size will be available. The operator said they wouldn't get any more jerseys for a while because the Bucs are getting a new logo. This perked me up immediately, so I started asking questions, especially when it would be unveiled and if the uniforms are changing too. She then corrected herself saying that it wasn't the Bucs, but the Jags and Dolphins who are getting new logos. I guess the question now is was she seriously mistaken, or was her correction just an effort to backtrack?

I know we've heard that they were considering a logo change, but then they decided against it. But then I remember reading another post in this thread within the past couple of days/weeks about them changing something. So I don't know what to believe at this point. Since there's no discount on the Bucs' page on NFLShop, I'm inclined to believe there's no pending change. But it's still interesting that she said that.

I'm assuming she was just mistaken. Might be easy for somebody to mix them up considering there are 3 Florida teams and 2 of them are changing logos.

I looked at NFLshop.com the other day too and noticed there were no discounts on Bucs jerseys, so I would think it would be safe to assume that no change is happening this year, unless the Bucs have kept it so airtight quiet that they're going to drop it on the world some day and say thank you to all the fans that purchased the "old" Bucs jerseys this offseason. Wouldn't make fans too happy, and I don't think retailers would appreciate it either.

That is ridiculously unprofessional, and I'd even say uncollegiate if that's even a word.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That is ridiculously unprofessional, and I'd even say uncollegiate if that's even a word.

Yeah. I would say that font is Arena Leaguish if that is a term, but I'm not even sure the Arena League would put out a font that terrible. Plus, it's great that the Bucs use a unique but classic block font rather than coming up with some proprietary crap just because they could.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wasn't it confirmed way back in this thread that the Bucs are making a "what changed?" change to their logo?

Archived