seahawk9

2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

@DirtyDuval Be wary that a man in your position is bound to draw comparisons to others who came on here as "first time posters" with "insider information" who were just full of it. (FresnoStAlum brings up a good example)

Since you're a Jags fan (in suppostion), I' gonna cut you some slack and just say that i hope you are right. Matte black helmets would sure beat chrome gold or two-tone (*gags*) and, even though we saw such a small portion, I sure hope that the leak wasn't accurate because of the cluster-cuss that was that patch-placement (why not the sleeves?!).

Tread with caution, DD.

Gupti,

I definitely thought twice before posting but I figured I am not here for accolades or trying to act all high and mighty. I am just relaying information I was told, whether it is right or wrong we will soon find out, but in the mean time, I thought it might add to the discussion so I went with it. I figured some people might get mad but in the end, why should they? I have no agenda. I do live in Jax and am also a season ticket holder. My source may or may not have been fed bull but I believe the person told me the truth about what they knew.

I personally hope that the most recent "leaked" picture is not the real thing either. Good or bad, I think the real one will include some sort of Camo pattern. That is just my personal opinion and nothing more. Don't know how I will feel if it is a matte black finish on the helmet...I guess I will have to see it if the rumor I heard was true. I personally wish they would just go back to the original black helmet, just with the new logo.

I am hoping that we will have an "alternate" helmet also...Every one else has a throwback uniform/helmet so why can't we just have an alt helmet..something that looks good with the Teal alt uniform.

No alt helmets in the NFL unless they are designated as throwbacks.

iHesJ56.png this looks bad ass

after seeing this logo placement and the new era hat I am very curious to see the vast range of rotated degrees that this logo will be placed in. I'm guessing the nose will be pointing anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00 on the clock face as there is no real reference point to align it against. The potential for misalignment and over/under rotation is quite vast

Presumably there will he instructions to align the logo by using one of the sun flares as 12 o'clock.

its from the Dolphins Instagram.

Instagram is stupid, with the filters messing up any decency of good photography

Try telling that to every teenage girl in America.

They won't listen. iPod headphones in their ears

@DirtyDuval

I'll say that I sure have no problem with you feeding what you got, however true it may be. When people like you come on with similar situation, I enjoy it because, no matter how BS some of the things may sound, they always do well to fuel my imagination (even with BIMH. What could that "mystery team" have been?). I'll be listening.

I can also tell you that, while I know that it's just your guess, I'll will be praying, praying, and then praying some more that there is no camo on these jerseys. That would be complete overkill on the mindset deal. As for helmets, my favorite option would surely be last year's set (even with the sparkle-stuff), though matte would certainly the lesser of a few evils.

@kryptik11 I have to wonder if Nike's gonna try to have that rule amended for more options in the future. I mean, the 3rd jersey rules are still pretty recent.

Well I haven't heard anything more about it directly from certain people. But I was Listening to 1010XL last night and those guys on "Monday night round up" we're talking about the helmet being "mostly gold & flat black with a flat black facemask" were talking Khan wanted "Oregon type helmets for a secondary helmets but the NFL vetoed it." I look forward to learning more in the coming days & weeks but nothing was said about the Uniforms or not that I heard.

I swear that's the second time I've heard such a report. Does anyone have a mock-up of that? There's no way it can look good, but I'm curious.

Well I haven't heard anything more about it directly from certain people. But I was Listening to 1010XL last night and those guys on "Monday night round up" we're talking about the helmet being "mostly gold & flat black with a flat black facemask" were talking Khan wanted "Oregon type helmets for a secondary helmets but the NFL vetoed it." I look forward to learning more in the coming days & weeks but nothing was said about the Uniforms or not that I heard.

what is flat black vs matted black, I know what matte looks like?

what is flat black vs matted black, I know what matte looks like?

I would assume they are the same thing ? Or at least that's how I have always assumed. I was just trying to repeat what the radio guys did verbatim.

Hey, so Darrell Stuckey (Chargers Safety) just tweeted this picture:

SPsMlXr.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, that's a new helmet design

I wonder if this is legit? I live in San Diego and this is news to me (if this is really a 2013 game helmet).

SPsMlXr.jpg

I wonder if this is legit? I live in San Diego and this is news to me (if this is really a 2013 game helmet).

I have a feeling they just added the 25 to show that it was Stuckey's baby. It's definitely an improvement though.

Either way, that baby looks really uncomfortable.

I think I heard the same segment. There has been a rumor going around about the two tone helmets, that is why I asked about it to my friend and that is why I was thinking it could be an alt helmet until Kryptic said it wasn't allowed by the NFL.

iHesJ56.png this looks bad ass

after seeing this logo placement and the new era hat I am very curious to see the vast range of rotated degrees that this logo will be placed in. I'm guessing the nose will be pointing anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00 on the clock face as there is no real reference point to align it against. The potential for misalignment and over/under rotation is quite vast

Presumably there will he instructions to align the logo by using one of the sun flares as 12 o'clock.

The only instructions on the current logosheet (only the primary mark has been released so far) is that the center of the logo is the center of the sun; not the center of the dolphin.

SPsMlXr.jpg

A Chargers employee posted on Reddit that this was just a one-off helmet and not something the Chargers will actually wear.

SPsMlXr.jpg

A Chargers employee posted on Reddit that this was just a one-off helmet and not something the Chargers will actually wear.

Too bad. Once again the Chargers err.

Was at the Lions season ticket holders (yes, we exist) 'Town Hall' meeting last night. One of the questions asked pertained to alternate uniforms. Tom Lewand and Jim Schwartz both stressed how traditional they and the front office are, and will not be going the route of anything "Seattle Seahawks or Oregon Duck-like". They did say the throwback will be making a comeback. This is excellent news, in my eyes atleast.

The Barry Sanders era was my favorite look for the Lions. Really wish they'd bring that back again.

#Jaguars VP-Sales Chad Johnson: Jags will unveil new uniforms following NFL Draft later this month. "

#Jaguars Johnson: New uniforms will be mostly black w/gold and teal accent, but teal unis will return on occasions.

#Jaguars Johnson: NFL has a loose brand launch strategy that teams must follow, but begins to pull back control afterward.

#Jaguars Johnson on brand: The more realistic cat look came from fans' input; nod to military generated internally.

All twitted by @dfilaroski

#Jaguars VP-Sales Chad Johnson: Jags will unveil new uniforms following NFL Draft later this month. "

#Jaguars Johnson: New uniforms will be mostly black w/gold and teal accent, but teal unis will return on occasions.

He went on to fix this.

My bad. Johnson said #Jaguars unveil new unis April 23 and AT the draft, not "after." #Jaguars #IABCFirstCoast