2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

#Jaguars VP-Sales Chad Johnson: Jags will unveil new uniforms following NFL Draft later this month. "

#Jaguars Johnson: New uniforms will be mostly black w/gold and teal accent, but teal unis will return on occasions.

I thought we had already heard that the 23rd was the date for new uniforms to be unveiled for the Jags?

Neverminds.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that the Titans are asking fans to vote on a 15th anniversary patch design. If I could have designed one, it would be an image of me staring into the distance in stunned silence, because I can't believe there's any way possible it's been 15 years since the team left Houston. I feel old.

... did you really just hashtag something not on twitter?

Edit: haha he edited it, but I still have the old window open so here ya go!

I saw that the Titans are asking fans to vote on a 15th anniversary patch design. If I could have designed one, it would be an image of me staring into the distance in stunned silence, because I can't believe there's any way possible it's been 15 years since the team left Houston.

#I_feel_old.

Someone in the Jags message boards (posted on 4/9) is claiming the following regarding the Jags helmet "1 other thing I will tell you that you will find out in due time is the new helmet the Jags have is 2/3 high gloss gold and 1/3 flat black." Poster says he heard it from someone inside the organization.

Just something I read and figured I would pass it along.

I have to guess that, based on what DirtyDuval has said, that some people within the organization heard about the two-tone domes and started letting it out. However, that may have been before the NFL put the kibosh on the two-tones, so they were probably never even told that the helmets wouldn't even happen. Haven't we seen transfer of misinformation as a result of dated insider stuff before? That tthought makes me at least somewhat optimistic that we'll be stickin with the black domes.

So for those who haven't heard, Cal got new uni's yesterday, and I noticed that they have the gold/yellow shoulder stripes next to the fly-wire collar that looks really similar to what the Jags' leaked game jersey showed:

1_cal_uni_400.jpg

4jkux.jpg

Except the main difference with the leaked Jags game jersey is that the actual fly-wire collar is black, and not gold.

noalps.png

R.I.P. Darrent Williams #27 (1982-2007)

Someone in the Jags message boards (posted on 4/9) is claiming the following regarding the Jags helmet "1 other thing I will tell you that you will find out in due time is the new helmet the Jags have is 2/3 high gloss gold and 1/3 flat black." Poster says he heard it from someone inside the organization.

Just something I read and figured I would pass it along.

I have to guess that, based on what DirtyDuval has said, that some people within the organization heard about the two-tone domes and started letting it out. However, that may have been before the NFL put the kibosh on the two-tones, so they were probably never even told that the helmets wouldn't even happen. Haven't we seen transfer of misinformation as a result of dated insider stuff before? That tthought makes me at least somewhat optimistic that we'll be stickin with the black domes.

Yeah, the same info was mentioned by the 1010xl guys a while back. I'm still not buying it as it is. I could see gold with a strobe like black stripe possibly but not really split the way that info makes it sound.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

The whole thing about the Jags helmets: It is a well known fact Shad wanted to get the NFL to allow an alternate helmet. So he clearly had more than one designed. So what people see or hear could be an unused item, because we all know the NFL aint allowing an Alt helmet.

I think the logo, which is mostly gold, will get lost against a gold helmet.

Anyway the Vikings are more or less confirmed to being going with white pants. The Dolphins' leaked logo has been confirmed as legitimate. I'm guessing the Vikings will go with a variation of their classic horn design, the Cowboys won't go with chrome, and the leaked Jags jerseys will confirmed to be legit. Then we can put this "I'm new here but I totally have insider Nike infoz" nonsense to rest.

iHesJ56.png this looks bad ass

after seeing this logo placement and the new era hat I am very curious to see the vast range of rotated degrees that this logo will be placed in. I'm guessing the nose will be pointing anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00 on the clock face as there is no real reference point to align it against. The potential for misalignment and over/under rotation is quite vast

Presumably there will he instructions to align the logo by using one of the sun flares as 12 o'clock.

The only instructions on the current logosheet (only the primary mark has been released so far) is that the center of the logo is the center of the sun; not the center of the dolphin.

Which would mean the placement here is incorrect...

Definitely looks a bit off with the logo positioned that way against a round background graphic.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So Jaguars brass is in Oregon at the Nike Facility today previewing the new uni's and getting a tour. John Oesher tweeted out that Blackmon has worn the new uniform, which confirms what I heard from my friend.

So what color is the helmet going to be?

So Jaguars brass is in Oregon at the Nike Facility today previewing the new uni's and getting a tour. John Oesher tweeted out that Blackmon has worn the new uniform, which confirms what I heard from my friend.

So what color is the helmet going to be?

I have no idea about the helmet..appears to be a big mystery. I tend to believe the people who say the two tone was not allowed by the NFL. My guess is it will either just go back to the all glossy black or switch to an all matte black or a combination of the two.

This may be a little out there and a bit OT, but humor me...

If the rumors hold true and the 'fins want to go with the all white look as their primary unis this year, how unfortunate is their HOF game situation?

They're playing against the Cowboys ( Dallas is the home team so...choice of uni ), and we all know Dallas loves their white unis.

...soooooo after the mishandling of the logo reveal the Dolphins might not even get to show off their new primary uni on the first nationally televised game of the new season.

...that is unless Dallas goes with their special occasion blue tops.

Sorry for the useless rambling...it's been a slow news day. ;)

Archived