2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Removed at poster's request.

Obviously the Jaguars are the horrible one. I'm going to guess the Bucs are the team that changed little, the Vikings updated the viking logo (and I'm sure I will dislike it) and the Dolphins did the modernization.

Do the Vikings need to make their logos more detailed? Both the horn and the overall head logo are pretty detailed as is, and not really a caricature. I'd say the Dolphins are the team that is the "less caricature/more detailed", and the Vikes are of the "modernization" ilk.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Whoever applies the Chiefs' helmet logos needs to rethink how they do the Riddell revolution helmets. When worn on a player's head, all of the arrowheads are pointing downward.

The logo looks fine on other types of helmets.

Also, why do the chiefs have nothing on the back bumpers of their helmets?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is that the 49ers playing against the Rams?

1003_large.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I don't think that's a real game shot; I think it's from some kind of ad so the team the "Rams" are playing isn't a real team (or if it was it was airbrushed to no logos, no real stripes, etc.). You used to see that a lot in the 1960s when the advertiser would pay for usage to one team but not for anything else.

Wild guess: I actually think the "umm, what changed?" is going to be the Buccaneers. Jags will almost certainly be the horrible one.

As for the other two, it could go either way, but I have a slight feeling that the more detailed one will be the Vikings, while the Dolphins are the modernization. I can't see the Vikes doing a modernization of the hideous stuff they wear now, but I could be wrong there.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

C-mon man, details.......

My guesses, Vikings- modernized but not sure how as they changed their logo only a few years ago to look more 3-D

Dolphins- more detailed, sleeker, more progressive, no helmet on dolphin, perhaps tail of dolphin wraps around back of helmet in front of sunburst. Maybe

even a grey dolphin.

Jaguars-Awful, they get Nikeyized like the Seahawks, all black monochrome uniforms but thats what they are wearing now, completely different logo

Bucs- looks same except they replace the shade of the trim orange they are using now back to the light orange of 1976.

Are these logo changes or are they complete uniforms changes ?

@CDixonDesign I have to know...should I buy any more Bucs gear or jerseys...or just wait until next season? Please just answer that!!! I won't bug you for a leak or anything. Just one "fan" telling another "fan" to go ahead and buy or just hold off a bit.

KISSwall09.jpg

Those of us that have been on this board for a while know how this game is played. You're not really gonna be able to say much (and with good reason, both for yourself and this board), but that doesn't mean everyone isn't going to push and push. Even having said all that, I will try a question anyway... are you discussing logos, uniforms, or both?

one modernization - Vikings

one less caricature / more detailed - Bucs (I'm guessing the alternate logo is gone and gone from the sleeves)

Oh wow...really, that's horrible! - Jags

Ummm, what changed? - Dolphins

Those of us that have been on this board for a while know how this game is played. You're not really gonna be able to say much (and with good reason, both for yourself and this board), but that doesn't mean everyone isn't going to push and push. Even having said all that, I will try a question anyway... are you discussing logos, uniforms, or both?

EDIT: Remove at poster's request.

Archived