2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

It's possible to have an away jersey with a lot of the primary color on it. I'd be curious to know what the NFL guideline is for how much has to be white. For example, what if the red on these jerseys went across just above the wordmark. Would that be allowed?

Arizona+Cardinals+v+Carolina+Panthers+3_TYAUgPRU2l.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's branding. The whole Miami Vice type look. Worked for the Heat.

Seriously. I couldn't think of any other approach that would work better for Miami. That's Miami's thing. If you go down there, that's what it is. Millionaire's Row, all the mansions and condominiums are white. South Beach, buildings are white, shining bright with fluorescent neon signs at night time.

This whole epidemic of the Dolphins wearing white at home has got to stop. People blame it on the weather in Miami, but Jacksonville typically wears their dark jerseys at home and you don't see them complaining about the heat. But then, you have people say that the weather is not the same in Jacksonville as Miami. Well, actually the weather is closer than you might realize. Look at the two charts below that I took from the Weather Channel and you will that it is hotter in Miami, but not to the point that it should be an excuse for the Dolphins. In addition, doesn't the Miami Hurricanes wear dark jerseys at home?

Average weather in Jacksonville

weatherinJacksonville_zps2aca62d0.jpg

Average weather in Miami

weatherinmiami_zpsb548f4b9.jpg

Also, all the college teams in Florida wear colored jerseys at home. They never make the "Oh it's hot, so let's wear white" excuse.

dude, white reflects light. dark colors attract it. if its only a minmal difference, well, there still is one. why wouldnt you want the biggest advantage you could get?

That's actually been disproven. It depends on the material of what you're wearing that makes it less or more hot.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

dude, white reflects light. dark colors attract it. if its only a minmal difference, well, there still is one. why wouldnt you want the biggest advantage you could get?

That's actually been disproven. It depends on the material of what you're wearing that makes it less or more hot.

Source?

Source?

Myth busters.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This whole epidemic of the Dolphins wearing white at home has got to stop. People blame it on the weather in Miami, but Jacksonville typically wears their dark jerseys at home and you don't see them complaining about the heat. But then, you have people say that the weather is not the same in Jacksonville as Miami. Well, actually the weather is closer than you might realize. Look at the two charts below that I took from the Weather Channel and you will that it is hotter in Miami, but not to the point that it should be an excuse for the Dolphins. In addition, doesn't the Miami Hurricanes wear dark jerseys at home?

Average weather in Miami

Also, all the college teams in Florida wear colored jerseys at home. They never make the "Oh it's hot, so let's wear white" excuse.

And it's proven that it's safe to fly too. Not all truths lead to correct perceptions. If opposing players think they're hotter in their team colors, that's all Miami needs for whatever tiny advantage it may be.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think that the all-white may have started as a weather thing (see TB, CAR, TEN, etc. in Sept/Oct), but now it's becoming a part of the Dolphins' uniform identity and brand. It just feels like Miami just like the all white linen suits, tommy bahama shirts, straw fedoras, and pastels feel like Miami.

Source?

Myth busters.

Actually, on episode 38 of Mythbusters they placed two identical cars in a parking lot, one black and one white. By midday the black car was 9 degrees hotter than the white car. Therefore, my theory of climate changes does not hold water. Click the link to learn more: http://mythbustersresults.com/episode38

spacer.png

Average weather in Miami

Home teams wearing white jerseys in the NFL have about a 51% winning percentage. Not exactly significant. Good teams overcome issues like "heat fatigue" and win games, bad ones blame the weather.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Average weather in Miami

Home teams wearing white jerseys in the NFL have about a 51% winning percentage. Not exactly significant. Good teams overcome issues like "heat fatigue" and win games, bad ones blame the weather.

i wouldnt suggest "bad" teams wear white to win games. i would suggest any team to wear white so they could play their best. not the same.

so if the reflection of light changes with material, then with what materials does it matter? Nourdr says metal (according to MythBusters). what about cotton? polyester? (i dont even know what the uniforms are made from)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This may be a little out there and a bit OT, but humor me...

If the rumors hold true and the 'fins want to go with the all white look as their primary unis this year, how unfortunate is their HOF game situation?

They're playing against the Cowboys ( Dallas is the home team so...choice of uni ), and we all know Dallas loves their white unis.

...soooooo after the mishandling of the logo reveal the Dolphins might not even get to show off their new primary uni on the first nationally televised game of the new season.

...that is unless Dallas goes with their special occasion blue tops.

Sorry for the useless rambling...it's been a slow news day. ;)

I don't see how anything changes with the Dolphins in terms of what they wear. They'll have a white set and an aqua set, and they'll wear all white at home for day games and aqua at home should they get a prime time game or two in Miami. It should be no different than what it's been for most of their existence.

I don't think there's any intent or preference to show off one uniform over the other.

Well, there is the rumor they have two white uniforms, a home and an away, and that the alt is the teal tops. So ya, it kinda does.

Except that scenario makes no sense. You need a dark set and a light set. Your aqua top can't be the alternate in that scenario, and your alternate can only be worn twice a year.

Dolphins are going to have an Aqua jersey for the simple fact that White jerseys dont sell. Dark one does and there are not going to cost themself sales by having two white uniforms

That's the by-product. They'll have aqua jerseys for the simple reason that the NFL requires contrast.

And that 51% is skewed by the facts that 1) only a handful of teams have worn white at home regularly, and 2) the Cowboys have, while being one of the most successful franchises in the league over the last 50 years. I don't support wearing white because "maybe it makes the players 0.0037% cooler or intimidates the opponents".

OldRomanSig2.jpg

idk, guys, not saying that the color v white thing doesn't exist, but i played a game once, literally less than 5 miles from mexico at the bottom of Texas on a map, this area is referred to as Southmost. Anyway, it was a saturday morning, had rained just a little bit earlier, we were in all white. This was the hottest game of my life, we were drenched and fatigued midway through warmups. The home team was in all brown and destroyed us. Granted they were good and we were terrible, but anyway i don't think it would've made that much of a difference no matter what color we were wearing. And our uniforms that yr were of a dazzle like material by Russel.

idk, guys, not saying that the color v white thing doesn't exist, but i played a game once, literally less than 5 miles from mexico at the bottom of Texas on a map, this area is referred to as Southmost. Anyway, it was a saturday morning, had rained just a little bit earlier, we were in all white. This was the hottest game of my life, we were drenched and fatigued midway through warmups. The home team was in all brown and destroyed us. Granted they were good and we were terrible, but anyway i don't think it would've made that much of a difference no matter what color we were wearing. And our uniforms that yr were of a dazzle like material by Russel.

I think we've gotten to the bottom of this story.

The Dolphins are branding themselves as a primarily white team. Like the Cowboys. Originally the intent may have been to stay cool in the heat, but now it's all about branding. The end.

you are true, but with the unique color scheme of teal and orange, why ruin it by wearing white all the time?

spacer.png

Archived