2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I don't know, I saw that rumor somewhere (maybe even in this thread) that the Dolphins home uniforms were White with orange trim, their aways were white with navy or black trim (I think JT even has a picture of these) and that the alternates were the Aqua uniforms. They'll still have Aqua, I wasn't saying they were scrapping it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting little tidbit from a sports anchor that was one of 10 people to see the uniform yesterday at Nike HQ. He said Khan (Jags owner) and a really big hand in the design and his style shows in the uni. I have no idea what that means but his stache is pretty cool. :D

He was also kind of hinting that the helmet isn't just a black shell. He said people would be talking about it. All of this is FWIW but I find little "hints" like this fun.

The Dolphins are branding themselves as a primarily white team. Like the Cowboys. Originally the intent may have been to stay cool in the heat, but now it's all about branding. The end.

you are true, but with the unique color scheme of teal and orange, why ruin it by wearing white all the time?

Absolutely. Futhermore, they branded themselves as a teal and orange team, then added navy and ugly dropshadows. They branded themselves with the image of a leaping dolphin wearing a helmet, then changed to Dolphin Airlines. They could just as easily drop the "identity" of wearing white at home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't know, I saw that rumor somewhere (maybe even in this thread) that the Dolphins home uniforms were White with orange trim, their aways were white with navy or black trim (I think JT even has a picture of these) and that the alternates were the Aqua uniforms. They'll still have Aqua, I wasn't saying they were scrapping it.

People buy a lot of frivolous crap, and I guess jerseys in general would be included, but I don't think the general public or even Dolphins fans specifically are gullible enough to purchase two nearly identical white Dolphins jerseys just because of a different color number outline. Keep in mind that most of the general public not on this board doesn't obsess over uniforms, and many of them probably wouldn't notice the difference between the two. It's all about the money. Having two different white jerseys (without a throwback) would be pointless because it isn't going to have kids and teens asking their parents to buy them the new Dolphins jersey the way an orange or other alternate would.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Dolphins are branding themselves as a primarily white team. Like the Cowboys. Originally the intent may have been to stay cool in the heat, but now it's all about branding. The end.

you are true, but with the unique color scheme of teal and orange, why ruin it by wearing white all the time?

Absolutely. Futhermore, they branded themselves as a teal and orange team, then added navy and ugly dropshadows. They branded themselves with the image of a leaping dolphin wearing a helmet, then changed to Dolphin Airlines. They could just as easily drop the "identity" of wearing white at home.

exactly. abandoning traditions is nothing new with the dolphins, so they could abandon using white at home after they've only done it a few years

spacer.png

It was in this thread. Somebody was spitballing and just said "what if they had two white uniforms". That was the end of it. You're making way more out of it.

Interesting little tidbit from a sports anchor that was one of 10 people to see the uniform yesterday at Nike HQ. He said Khan (Jags owner) and a really big hand in the design and his style shows in the uni. I have no idea what that means but his stache is pretty cool. :D

He was also kind of hinting that the helmet isn't just a black shell. He said people would be talking about it. All of this is FWIW but I find little "hints" like this fun.

He said it was a black shell though?

@gr3g3: No, it sounded like he was hinting that the shell is different. He did a good job being vague. He said he was scared to say too much with all the crap he had to sign from Nike. But he said the helmet will be talked about. I get that as different.

It was Brent Martineau.

@gr3g3: No, it sounded like he was hinting that the shell is different. He did a good job being vague. He said he was scared to say too much with all the crap he had to sign from Nike. But he said the helmet will be talked about. I get that as different.

It was Brent Martineau.

Did he say this on twitter?

It was Brent Martineau.

Did he say this on twitter?

1010xl late 3 o'clock hour. They asked about the gold helmet rumor. He wouldn't confirm or deny.

It was in this thread. Somebody was spitballing and just said "what if they had two white uniforms". That was the end of it. You're making way more out of it.

Ok now I remember. Thing is, a Dolphins beat writer has gone on record saying there is a white uniform with orange trim. Well, JT has a picture (that was also posted on this board) of a white Dolphins uniform with navy or black trim. JT is convinced it is real, so my question is, what's going on with that?

Home teams wearing white jerseys in the NFL have about a 51% winning percentage. Not exactly significant. Good teams overcome issues like "heat fatigue" and win games, bad ones blame the weather.

And that 51% is skewed by the facts that 1) only a handful of teams have worn white at home regularly, and 2) the Cowboys have, while being one of the most successful franchises in the league over the last 50 years. I don't support wearing white because "maybe it makes the players 0.0037% cooler or intimidates the opponents".

That'd be below what I'd think because if they're home PERIOD you'd think it'd be higher than that for that and no other reason.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ok now I remember. Thing is, a Dolphins beat writer has gone on record saying there is a white uniform with orange trim. Well, JT has a picture (that was also posted on this board) of a white Dolphins uniform with navy or black trim. JT is convinced it is real, so my question is, what's going on with that?

Since the visiting team doesn't determine the color of the jersey they wear, they wouldn't be able to say "we're wearing white jersey #2" on the road. They must have a "dark" jersey to wear when the home team forces them to do so because the home team chooses to wear white.

It's where I sit.

im convinced the pic is real, but at the same time i think things changed.

TJo9OPT.jpg

this is a small version of one of 2 pics i seen. The rest of the pic shows the whole uniform minus pants . The other one is different, less orange.

My understanding is that apparently there a few prototypes being tested out.

I

My understanding is that apparently there a few prototypes being tested out.

I think you're right because the two unis I seen are similar but different

exactly. abandoning traditions is nothing new with the dolphins, so they could abandon using white at home after they've only done it a few years

Where exactly has anyone stated they were branding themselves as a "white" team? Just because they're going to a white facemask? They've primarily worn white at home for the past 40 years, with the exception of prime time and a couple of late season, late afternoon games. I've seen nothing to suggest their approach is anything new in that regard.

Unless they say as much, I'm expecting aqua jerseys when they take the field for their first pre-season home game.

Right now everybody is just assuming all white. No solid proof. Don't see an NFL team going all white all the time. How boring would it be to see all white every weekend for the next two years before they realize what an idiot move it was.

Archived